Stars Getting Divorced

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Dec 8, 2005.

1. onenightstand

onenightstand Pathologist

Celebrity marriges...they never last

2. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

I think its sad that celebs have made marriage some sort of stage you go through with someone. Then, after awhile you just dump them and move on to the next one. I take marriage very seriously and I dont think its something to just be rushed into. Its sad though

3. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

ITA, iluvEricSzmanda. Marriage too often gets used to sell movies and clothing lines. A marriage (or a breakup) always makes for big news, and celebs capitalize on this in a big way.

I could not care less about which celebrities are hooking up or breaking up. I'm more concerned that the people I actually know and love are happy. :D

4. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

thats Exactly how I feel but it ALWAYS gets shoved in your face (OR your friends sit and talk about it eventhough You tell them YOu dont care)

5. AlexxWoods

AlexxWoods CSI Level Three

getting devorced is always
    horrible star or ot...

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Gee I am so surprised to hear this... NOT!

Spears Seeks To Divorce Federline "No reasons given why singer is K-Fed up with hubby"

<Snips>

Check your office betting pool. Britney Spears and Kevin Federline's marriage has ended after only two years and one month of relative bliss.-- The "Toxic" singer filed a petition in Los Angeles Superior Court Tuesday, Nov. 7 for the dissolution of her marriage, according to documents on TMZ.com.

In the papers, she cites "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the divorce. She's also seeking legal and physical custody of their two sons -- Sean Preston, 1, and Jayden James, 2 months -- with Federline receiving visitation rights. -- According to the celebrity gossip site, the couple had signed a prenup when they married in 2004. Spears isn't seeking spousal support, and each party will take care of their own legal fees.

<Snip>
    Spears and Federline documented their courtship on "Chaotic" and got married in a sneaky wedding ceremony in September 2004, although the marriage wasn't registered until a month later. Federline has two other children with ex-girlfriend Shar Jackson. -- Since their marriage, Federline's fame has increased to some degree, resulting in a guest appearance on "CSI" and his debut album "Playing With Fire," which dropped this past Halloween. Spears has announced that she wants to return to her career as a pop singer.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Excatly... NOT.. he's a scum-bag.. he's always partying here and drinking.. without her.. :rolleyes: and always has .. bad choice.. I can't believe she took so long to do this :mad: great husband a father.. he's got two other kids from his ex-girlfriend . maybe now she can move on with her mothering skills and her career.. good ridance.. and how will he survive without her money .. time will tell :( horrible husband and father.. can't sing or act.. Mr. NO talent.. good luck LOSER :mad:

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Nah, me neither. This has been a while coming.

9. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

so not surprised either
    I wonder if it's because they have two small children and he is never there? HHMMM

OH WELL

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Actually we don't know what life for them is like behind closed doors, only what we know through the media, which is his side, her side, and the truth in the middle.

I can't really judge either of them, but from what has been reported I don't care for either of them, each have their very bad points (from what has been reported about them). But from the sounds of it, it sounds like it was mutual for both. If I believed what all I have read in the media, I would have to say she is pretty close to being as bad as him. Again if I totally believed what the media spins, but since I don't know them, or what has happened then I can only go on the between the lines of what is reported.

11. Haley_104

Haley_104 Hit and Run

True, we don't know whats really going on in their lives. I almost feel bad for them because we are talking like this about their divorce. I think divorce is something that should be kept private between couples. I wouldn't want my parent's divorce to be splashed across pages and pages of magazines. Who knows, maybe K-Fed and Britney really were in love. I don't think its our right to judge on an issue like this. Many of the tabloids are filled with lies, so many of our opinions could be based on those lies. It is there business and it will probably be blown way out of perporton by the media.

(Hope I didn't offend anyone with this. I'm just stating my opinion.) :)

12. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I have to agree with Haley, we don't know what goes on behind closed door, maybe she got tired of Kevin having party or something. Who know.

Get this, I just read article just now, Kevin will be fighting sole custody of his and Britney's children. He won't get the kids because he just want her money, that is all he want, he did or did not care about kids. I don't heard nothing about he spend sometimes with his other two kids from Shari.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That's the "kicker"..they weren't behind closed doors..he was acting like a "single" person.. and she was sick of it.. go read the News on their divorce on the Las Vegas miscellaneous thread..not a tabloid news article an actual real story.... was in our local paper :( how he was always "partying" with single women and not at home with her and the children..... :(

14. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Wait a minutes, Kevin acting like he was a single man, not a married man. I'll be right back, I go read Las Vegas Miscealleaous thread right away.

Thank you desertwind for pointing me out, she is seeking legal custody with the boys. Wow, she throw him out of the hotel. Boy, she is upset with him.

When I read it on my computer, they didn't said anything about her seeking custody. It said, Kevin filing sole custody of the kids. I'm feel sorry for this kids, kids always stuck in the middle between parents.

15. JulieAnn

JulieAnn Witness

it's about time she ditched him. Both of them bother me but she could do much better.