How old are most CSI fans?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Guest, Jan 13, 2005.

?

Do you agree with Matt Roush?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    31.5%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    20.4%
  3. I fall somewhere in the middle

26 vote(s)
    48.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sidle_fan

Sidle_fan Hit and Run

well im 15 n have bin watching the show since it first aired in sweden so about 4-5 years.

2. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

I'm 21, will be 22 on the 27 Feb this year. I started watching from the beginning of CSI and became hooked, I then started watching CSI Miami when that started and then NY, but around about the third maybe fourth season I'm not sure, of Miami I lost interest in it, sorry to say. I don't like what they've done with Ryan's character anymore. I may not sound like a very good fan. I'm not as keen on CSI as I used to be either, mainly because the way they've taken things and the whole grissom/sarah storyline. Please don't hate me guys. I am however a huge NY fan, I love this show so much and I love all the characters.

3. oldcsier

oldcsier Victim

I am 50 soon to be 51 and I have been watching CSI since day one, I have never missed an original 1st run episode.

4. evidence_never_lies

evidence_never_lies Witness

I'm 19! My lil sister introduced me to CSI when she was 12! Can't remember the first epi I saw but my sister filled me in and I quickly bought all the DVDs.....well as soon as they came out!

5. Jessi

Jessi Victim

I'm 15! And I love CSI since the beginning! :)

6. mana

mana Dead on Arrival

I'm 24 and I have been watching CSI since french channel began aired it but 5 years ago unfortunately this channel don't know that there is a "story" behind each case and so they aired it at random. I mean in one night they schedule S3E5 then S4E6 then S3E10, in this order :confused:.
    And we don't have yet seen all season 6. That is really difficult to follow that way so that's why I watch it on internet. I know that is the reason why writers are on strike and I really support them but without internet I don't think I could have been such a CSI fan.

7. 13CSIgal

13CSIgal Victim

I am 29 and will be the big 3-0 this year. yippie :)

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

[​IMG] me too + two, and ain't it grand? I've never missed one since the onset ether.. I've go everyone on tape, with the exception of the 4 from S/7, that WP wasn't in :( and my lovely neighbor is 70, and never misses it. So there you've got the younger crowd and the older crowd, & everthing in between! and WP and Marg & Paul and Robert, are hitting, or are in their 50's, and the rest are in their 40's and 30's so it seems the majority of viewers are younger than the cast they watch! how bout' that ?

9. Toots

Toots Pathologist

It's kind of funny or maybe even a little ironic that as one of the oldest CSI fans on this board, I love the youngest CSI guy - Greg.

10. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

How old are you Toots? You may not be the oldest...i know of some 40s and a 51...
    I'm 24, been watching since 21, and still believe strongly that it is a show for 18+ and that there should be a rule about that here.

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

The problem stems that age is considered relative, I know some who are 13 who are more mature then that of a 30 yr old, and I know some 40 yr olds who are (or seem) less mature then a 10 yr old. My thought is if they can handle the issues of the show it shouldn't be a problem. Heck compared to the world today they will see it one way or another. I guess if you limited someone because of their age then you are limiting yourself from the knowledge they might bring to you and make you think a little more about something.

Then there is the other side where alot of people might see the scenes but they are so concentrated on the actors and how cute they are they don't see the blood and gore but rather how cute was so and so's butt, the rest was fazed right out of their vision.

Who knows now days, its hard to find any show in which would be socially acceptable for people of certain ages most comedies out there are about sex or sexual comments, its been said that between drama's such as CSI and certain comedies the drama's are coming out as being better to watch. Again who knows.

12. AgentJo

AgentJo Dead on Arrival

I'm 23, and I started watching CSI in 2005.

13. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

You know, I was only thinking about this the other day when I made a reply in the forensics thread about the effect of TV shows on the viewers.

In someways, I do really agree with you. The DVD's are 15/18+ and, I suppose, watching it should be restricted too. But no law can really prevent it and I think children are exposed to it anyway in other ways.

Video games actively involve chidren in blood, murder and violence, promoting it, in a way. At least with CSI the show focuses on the need for punishment and always highlights the fact that crime is wrong, which I think todays society doesn't do enough of.

I'm 18 and I've been watching (all the shows) from the beggining. I don't think I was too imature, though it has made me less sensitive to violence.

I see your point and fully understand where you're coming from, but it would be impossible to prevent younger people from watching the show, or posting on boards like this. We'd be entering a bit of a 'nanny-state' with it if we did.

14. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

It's amazing what a cross section of ages that CSI appeals to.
    I will be turning 44 this month, and I watch it with my husband and my two oldest sons who are 18 and 14. It's the one show we all can agree upon. :)

15. CsiLover108

CsiLover108 Civilian

I am 22 and i have been whitching for a long time b/c my family loves csi
    and now i do to i never miss one show :D :cool: :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.