All I Ever Wanted - an H/Y fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by EyeHeartH, Jul 21, 2007.

1. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

Great update, EyeHeartH :)

I think most of us want to read about the whole shower scene :devil: :D

2. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

brill update EyeHeartH

OH man wish i could be a fly on the wall right now :devil:

3. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

So sorry for the lengthy absence. That little thing called life kept me from the forum. Enjoy!!!

Horatio stared out into the brilliant white that blanketed the city streets outside. Yelina stood a few feet away, unable to think of anything to say.
    “Horatio,” Yelina whispered, “I…”
    “No,” Horatio replied. “You need to go to Raymond soon. He’s probably worried.”
    Yelina approached Horatio and placed her hand softly on his shoulder. “Are you regretting what we did?”
    Horatio sighed deeply. “No…never. I’m just…confused, I guess.”
    “Or guilty,” Yelina added.
    Horatio turned to face her. “About what?”
    Yelina briefly pursed her lips. “Maybe you feel guilty about sleeping with your brother’s fiancée.”
    “Well, I do feel guilty, yes. But I don’t blame it on you. You mean more to me than that.”
    Yelina smiled. “I know that, but I also know that you care about your brother.”
    “Which is why you need to go to him, Yelina.”
    Yelina grabbed Horatio’s hand and gripped it firmly. “Am I making the right choice, Horatio?”
    Horatio tilted his head and stared into her. “Do you think you are?”
    Yelina ducked her head in confusion. “I…don’t know. I do know that I feel really…strongly about you.”
    “And I…I feel like I could hold you forever.”
    “But we can’t do this, Horatio.”
    “I know. That’s why you need to go back to Raymond soon. You really have no choice.”
    Yelina nodded and wiped away a tear. Leaning close to Horatio she kissed his cheek and planted her hand on his stomach.
    “Okay then,” Yelina said. Horatio put his hand over Yelina’s and rubbed it gently with his thumb.
    Horatio pulled Yelina close for one final long kiss.
    “You’ll be seeing us off at the airport, right?” Yelina asked.
    “Of course,” Horatio smiled sadly.
    “Okay,” Yelina whispered. She waved goodbye and walked out to where her taxi waited out in the front of the building. Horatio watched Yelina climb into the taxi and as it drove out of sight, tears welled in his eyes and he pulled himself away from the window.

----------

Miami, present day

“Horatio?”
    Horatio glanced up from his paperwork to see Calleigh standing in front of his desk with a file from a recently solved crime.
    “Calleigh, hey.”
    “Are you okay?”
    “Yeah…I just spaced out.” He didn’t know how long he sat at his desk recalling his rendez-vous with Yelina, but he figured he daydreamed for at least an hour because his right foot was falling asleep. He didn’t feel so guilty about it because the only crime they were working on that day was solved in thirty minutes when the shooter turned himself in.
    “Well, here’s my report on the Smith shooting.”
    “Thank you, Calleigh.” Horatio looked out of the window in his office to see that the sun was beginning to set. “Have a good evening.”
    “You too, Horatio. Good night.”

----------

The fading sunlight continued to illuminate the now-purpling sky when Horatio stepped out of the crime lab for the final time that day. Yet another day at work was finally over and Horatio was relieved. He couldn’t wait to get home, kick off his shoes and lay on the couch to rest.
    Horatio unlocked the front door to his quaint house and threw his suit jacket on the arm of the couch. He removed his shoes and took off his dress shirt, revealing a tight-fitting white t-shirt. Plopping down on the couch, Horatio turned on the TV, trying to find something to watch.
    After awhile, Horatio began to doze off and turned to lie on the couch. Just as he had closed his eyes, a knock at the door roused him back to his feet. When he opened the door and saw Yelina standing there, Horatio smiled and motioned for her to enter.
    “Horatio,” Yelina said in greeting. Her heart fluttered at the sight of Horatio in a tight undershirt.
    “Yelina,” Horatio returned.
    “I figured you’d like some company.”
    “I’d like that.”
    “Bad day?” Yelina asked, referring to his undershirt and tussled hair courtesy of the makeshift pillows he fashioned from the decorative cushions on his couch.
    Horatio grinned and ran his fingers through his hair. “Um, yeah…I guess you could say that.” He didn’t want to admit to her that he spent a few hours earlier that day recalling those life-changing days immediately after meeting Yelina so long ago.
    “Did I wake you up?”
    “Nah…I was just about to take a nap.”
    “Oh, okay.”
    “I’m glad you dropped by.”
    “Ray Jr.’s at a friend’s house and I was getting lonely, and I figured you weren’t doing anything, so…”
    “You don’t have to explain yourself,” Horatio said as he put his hand on her shoulder. “I’m happy you’re here.”
    Yelina smiled and sat down on the couch. Horatio soon joined her.
    Yelina could sense that something was occupying Horatio’s thoughts. “Is everything okay, Horatio?” she asked.
    Horatio stared at her. “I, uh…”
    Yelina grinned and stared down at her feet. “That usually means yes.”
    Horatio continued to look at her. “Well, today at work…I did a little daydreaming, I guess you could say.”
    “About what?”
    “The time we…hooked up.”
    “When we first met? And Raymond was sick?”
    Horatio nodded.
    Yelina had a look of confusion on her face when she finally looked up at Horatio. “And what brought that on?”
    “It was a slow day, and…I don’t know…it just came to my mind.”
    “And what did you feel about it?”
    “Well as much as I was happy for Raymond settling down, I wanted more than anything to be with you, and it hurt sometimes to see you with him.”
    “I had a feeling you did. Sometimes I felt guilty because I always knew how you felt about me, ever since that night we waited out that blizzard, lying next to each other in your bed…”
    “…keeping each other warm,” Horatio added.
    Yelina blushed at the memory. “I felt so safe in your arms. I never felt that way with Raymond.”
    Horatio half-nodded.
    “Horatio…”
    “Mmm hmm?”
    “Why do we keep doing this to each other?”
    “Doing what?”
    “Delaying the inevitable.”
    “Maybe we’re afraid of what might happen.”
    “Why should we be afraid? Let’s face it, Horatio…we need each other, especially now. Ever since Raymond died, I’ve become so insecure, so…scared.”
    Horatio swallowed hard and started to rub Yelina’s back with his hand. Tears began to well in his eyes.
    “Yelina,” Horatio whispered. “I’m…scared too. Everything’s been…so hard. And it’s even harder going it alone.”
    “Then what are waiting for?”
    Horatio smiled. “What are we waiting for?”
    Yelina smiled excitedly and pulled Horatio in for a kiss. After they finally pulled away, Horatio breathed a sigh of relief.
    “I haven’t been kissed like that since…”
    “…the last time we kissed?” Yelina finished with a wink.
    Horatio ducked his head. “Actually…yes.”
    “So what do we do now?”
    Horatio gathered Yelina into his arms. “Whatever does happen, we’ll do it together.”

Fin.

4. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Awwwww... thanks so much for the update!! The ending was just PERFECT.

5. Patricia

Patricia Lab Technician

Awwwwwww that was great!
    loved it! :D

6. RedHot

RedHot Witness

Wow wow wow. Love it! Thanks so much, and late HAPPY NEW YEAR.

7. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Great ending to a beautiful story and I love Horatio's last line “Whatever does happen, we’ll do it together.” I can so hear him saying that!

8. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Aww great story, great ending. Loved it EyeHeartH.

9. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

Thanks for the update EyeHeartH loved this story all the way though. Great ending too :)