Horatio/DC#14: Even heroes have the right to bleed

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Lucy, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

You and me both. ;)

I know it's popular with some fans, but I was disappointed with 'Under Suspicion'. Walter Dresden was an interesting nemesis, and well played by the actor, but the episode was so full of huge, gaping plot holes that it became farcical. H removing himself from the case? Hmm, humanly impossible. So, as with many post Season 3 episodes, for me it was way over the top, contrived and completely lacking in any kind of substance.

2. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

^ Hee, I couldn't agree more! There's a reason why there's a gap on my dvd shelf where Season 4 would normally be. I didn't even bother getting it, as it was a huge disappointment. I have watched Nailed and Felony Flight again when they were repeated on TV, but I have no desire to rewatch any of the other episodes at all. When you watch it wibbs, I hope you manage to find some redeeming factors! ;)

3. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

As I see here we discuss S4... humm what can I say .... the biggest disappoint from all Miami seasons for me. Maybe I`ll repeatt some posters thoughts, but post S3 this tv show go down and keep diging in. Even now for some characters (Eric and Call) to have very good epis as a whole H character is so so out of space and over the top. I agree that at some points Walter Dresden was interesting H enemy, but with ours dear TGTB the end result was so poor and child's. In 'Under suspicion' epi, the most overact and funny part for me was H in cell with so so low head waiting Call to take DNA sample. Dear Lord pls give me strength. All in S4 just come out of the blue and don`t have any sense. *cough* Aerosol *cough*. To not talk about the lack of continuation. If someone ask me for some epi from S4 for me will be a lot difficul to remind something concrete. Just big waste of time.

Btw nice to see u here wibbs. :)

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I was disappointed in it as well. You'd think a storyline involving only Horatio and to boot, him as a suspect would be worth it, but I found it to be rather artificial. That was an extra dose of Horatio's 'holier than thou' mentality that I didn't need to see.

It's funny, I bought season four but only to watch it dubbed in french. :lol: Ah the things that amuse me. For some reason it seems to make more sense in french. :p

Though I enjoyed 'Felony Flight'. (It's sad that to fix an episode, you need to have characters from a different CSI present. :rolleyes:) It was well thought out and I liked Horatio's scenes.

Aside from that, I can't remember much of season four aside from Marisol and boy was that a horrible decision. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, wibbs I hope you find some episodes to your liking once you get the DVDs. I'm sure they're not all bad, but I can't remember most of them! :eek:

5. Lucy

Maybe I should try that! :lol: I do remember watching some of the Marisol scenes with the sound turned off. Needless to say, they improved considerably! :rolleyes:

6. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

I like season 3 the best. It has good plotlines and great episodes, yet without being flashy like seasons 4-current (though I am impressed with season 6 so far).

Oh, but season 1 is the worst, in my opinion. It just feels depressing and somewhat gloomy. I like season 4, though, even though we have the debut of robo-H in it.

7. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:cool:
    It's interesting that many didn't like "Under Suspicion" . I loved it first time I saw it (it was my introduction to CSI Miami). It was only after a couple of showings that I noticed the huge plot holes; hated the ending. But it still holds a solid place in my memory.
    My other first was "From the Grave" which I also liked, though it had an even more ridiculous plot. We don't even talk about the Marisol episodes.
    While I like season 1-3 very much, those seem more of the ancient history variety, in the same way as NYPD Blue . I prefer the more mature Horatio, but with an injection of the younger H's passion and intensity.
    :cool: ;)
    So far I'm impressed with Season 6. Will we ever see any more of it? Hope the new year will bring a quick resolution to the strike and everybody goes back to work.

8. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

98% of s4 makes me cringe. i loved From the Grave, it's one of my favorite episodes from all seasons and Under Suspicion was great before i paid close attention to it as well. I still enjoy that one though, as long as i don't look too hard.

the latter part of that season i refuse to watch at any time. it makes me an angry stef. that mess was just wrong and we all knew it, they knew it too. i wish i could erase most of s4 from my memory and it's effects on s5 which has taken the spot of 2nd least favorite season.

s6 i've loved from the beginning. i feel like we've gotten the old H back a little. he did in fact do a little csi work in Stand Your Ground, impressive. i could have standed to miss out on s5 but give us episodes we like and they just stop. i'm with you, inthewind, hoping for some progress with the strike in the new year.

9. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I thought it made the most sense here. (No spoilers here, just something I thought was interesting). You know how we're always talking about all those lose ends and unresolved plotlines, including Suzie Barnam and her daughter Maddison? Well, I was watching a commercial for a new movie, "One Missed Call," and there before my eyes was none other than Suzie (Azura Skye)! Nice to see she is still working - maybe they could invite her back to CSI:Miami to close up that lose end!

10. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

Azure Skye (Suzie Barnham) is always busy with work. I thought maybe that was one reason that storyline didn't continue, because Azure was too busy with other projects. She's a very accomplished actress. Kyndell Rose Crowell (who played Madison) was one of the voices in "Happy Feet", but don't know of anything else she has done. Of course, she's 3 years older now than when she played Madison.

11. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

Oh I haven't been here in the longest time...Miami just isn't the show to stay home for anymore I'm afraid! I used to make time but not anymore, still watch but generally Seasons 1-3 on my now very worn out DVD's!

Anyway had to sneak in cause I was watching trash TV over New Year and the film Twins was on...brilliant I haven't seen it in years and forgot DC was in it, absolutely loved it, the younger DC is very amusing and cheered me up no end!

12. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

I love "Twins", not just because DC is in it (though it's really cool to see that). He looked very cute as that parking guy. :)

13. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

I was think the same that we need this actress back in Miami, after I see her few months ago be Guest Cast in House M.D. (S04E4). She do more then great work there. :D Even Azura Skye to make a lot appearance in different TV shows, I didn`t read anywhere that coz of the busy schedule we don`t see her in Miami. From all that I think, just after Ann D. in the begining of S4 decide to try something new - TGTB forgot all in the past. What a shame. Lose for CSI Miami, H charatcer and us. *sigh*

14. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

You know, when they book these guests, they usually sign them for a set number of episodes. If they then find the storyline is working, as happened with Azura Skye (Suzie) the guest may already be committed to another project. It's a hazard of tv series. Since these free lance actors need a livable schedule, they are often booked a year or more in advance. I don't know that's what happened with her, but it's always a possibility.
    Also, Madison (Kyndell Rose Crowell) has only done one project since then that I'm aware of; she was a voice in "Happy Feet". It would be difficult to have Suzie in an episode and not Madison. At her age, perhaps acting isn't high on her list, or she may have changed dramatically in 4 years.

15. Lucy

I think you probably could have Suzie in an episode without Madison. For example, Madison could be at school. I think the disappointment here stems from the fact that the Madison leukaemia storyline wasn't followed up at all. We don't even know if Ray Jnr was a bone marrow match, or whether Madison is okay or not. We assume he was, and that she is okay, but it would have been nice to have had some reference to that. Even if it was just a verbal reference, eg. another character asking H about it.

Continuity has always been one of Miami's downfalls. TPTB are often far too keen to move onto brand new storylines, before resolving old ones. The key to a great drama is to balance both successfully. Maybe they think we have memories like goldfish! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.