Will the REAL Horatio Caine Please Stand Up? *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Griffyn, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Palm

Palm Coroner

Re: Will the REAL Horatio Caine Please Stand Up?

It's Dawn of the Dead all over again :lol:
    As for Brazil, I can see that the real H is down there right now. Probably solving a crime and bringing justice to all...

2. life_style

life_style Pathologist

Palm, that was so funny I almost fell off my chair laughing too hard.. :lol:

3. PeanutsFan

PeanutsFan Prime Suspect

Horatio needs Yelina back. Only then will we see the 'real' Horatio again. I just hope this NY backstory nonsense doesn't last too long. I'm already tired of it, and we haven't even got to the crux of it yet.

4. Palm

Palm Coroner

:lol: I'm glad you liked it! Laughter is the best medicine as they say!
    ...except for morphine...

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I agree with you PeanutsFan. This NY nonsense is going on too long and we haven't even gotten the gist of it yet. I can't believe a backstory so seemingly interesting, would be so boring. Now I'm not surprised anymore. The next thing he'll say is

Horatio: I had 7 children and now they're living in a cardboard box in the back alley behind my house. Shhh don't tell stetler anything.

6. Palm

Palm Coroner

Haha! Oh.. my sides.
    Poor Horatio. Takes such a mauling from the writers. I can see them now...

Writer1: Hey, did you see the headlines? A girl got kidnapped!
    Writer2: Well, that's great! In another 2 minutes, we would have actually HAD to come up with a story! So we'll just steal this one, change the names, and make Horatio insensitive as always because we all know how the women LOVE that! Oh and Delko gets more pot, need to have that!
    Writer1: YEAH! And don't forget to make them wear all black and be all 'emo' to the world!
    Writer2: It's gonna be a hit!

Fans: Lord no...

7. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

:lol: That somehow seems worryingly accurate!

PeanutsFan, I completely agree with your sentiment too. :)

8. Finch

Yeah I can see them now..seriously....

Writer: Okay guys, we need to crack down and make a good story.
    Writer2: What are we going to do? We've run out of stories.
    Writer: Well..pull something out of your-
    Writer2: Brains?
    Writer: I was going to say rear ends, but that works too.

(15 minutes and 3 napkins later....)

Writer: Okay guys what have we come up with?
    Writer2: Horatio becomes a suspect in his own murder.
    Writer: Wait a second..his own murder? We're killing him?
    Writer2: Yeah and he's the only suspect..IT'S NEVER BEEN DONE!
    Writer:...how about suicide?
    Writer2: Oh the fans won't notice. We'll just slip it in as a giant secret and post it on the internet.

SERIOUSLY........

9. Palm

Palm Coroner

My sentiments exactly. Although, I rather liked the one where Horatio became a suspect for certain scenes but making it seem like he murdered this mysterious girl that you've only heard of 'till that moment made me kinda cringe.

Oh those wacky writers. What will the do next?Make a looney tunes episode?
    "Starring Bugs Bunny as Horatio Caine! WOW! Instant friggin hit!"

10. Finch

:lol: looney tunes I can see that.

Announcer: AND STARRING AS ELMER FUDD: None other than Rick Stetler!

Elmer: I'll catch that waskiwee wwworatio!

11. Palm

Palm Coroner

:lol: Wow, I thought my sides would never stop hurting after that comment!
    Demeaning the writers is fun! Whoo!

12. Finch

*bows* Thank you thank you.

Yeah it is kind of fun, but we have to give them credit, they created Horatio Caine. They also screwed him over too. It's kind of double sided.

13. Palm

Palm Coroner

Well, certain writers on Miami stick to the real characters. And when I find their names, I'll list them.

..You know who should be a writer on there? Max Allan Collins. Every detail he's written in the Miami books stays so true to the characters and the murder that it's like reading a movie...

14. Griffyn

Griffyn Victim

Whilst still on the subject of "Reward Offered for the Whereabouts of One Horatio Caine, Last Seen in May 2005", let’s see if I have this latest cockamamie straight...

Based upon the Season 3 DVD audio commentaries, at the end of Season 3, THEY claimed THEY were exhausted and had run out of ideas hence THEIR abruptly ending Season 3 with Raymond’s resurrection and the unceremonious packing off of Horatio’s raison d’etre, to Brazil for an Addams Family type reunion. THEY then claimed that for Season 4, THEY would refresh and revitalize the series, ostensibly one would imagine by offering something at least on par with the substance of Seasons 1- 3 but with some sort of inspiring creative angle.

So, in Seasons 1 – 3, there was the canon storyarc involving "dead/alive brother-Horatio-sister-in-law". Then in a flash of "inspiration" from their collective musings over the entire intervening summer, for Season 4, THEY offer us THEIR new and improved and refreshed and revitalized canon storyarc involving er, "dead mother-Horatio-junior staff’s sister."

How, pray tell by all that has a smidgen of originality, is THIS new and refreshed and revitalized and different from what was successfully and originally offered in Seasons 1-3? Give me strength!.

I can see the pattern emerging now; this new chickadee comes on board for this season, will be made a regular next season and then the following season she will be day-old toast. Horatio will get a spelling period, THEY will hit THEIR inbuilt “Ctrl-Alt-Delete” panic buttons and we will get the instantaneous Version 3.0 of Horatio Caine’s alternate reality.

Honestly! Is it possible to take out a class action suit against THEM for character and series assassination in the first degree? Ok, Steven Maeda, we really, really need you to get off Gilligan’s Island whilst THEY need to be stranded there, not just for a three-hour tour but for a long, long time.

After this latest piece of drivel from THEM regarding H’s personal scenario, I believe I owe an apology to sea cucumbers everywhere for denigrating its level of wit, creative or otherwise.

In closing...

"We seek him here,
    we seek him there
    The Real Miami seek him everywhere.
    Is he in dark collusion or
    Is he still sad but sane?
    That damned elusive Horatio Caine..."

(To Baroness Orczy: Madam, my abject apologies.)

15. Finch

:lol: Well said.

You know what? They need help. Horatio just isn't the same. I was watching Cross-Jurisdictions they other day and Horatio seemed so cool, so myserious and so smart. He treated everything professionally and stuck to the case. He concentrated all his efforts to give a voice to the victims. He was just so cool and awesome and heroic. That's how the writers intended him to be. Look at him now. I don't even have to explain it but I will. He's just not the same. What happened to the snazzy comments? He's still standing around looking pretty for the cameras. Take out your flashlight, pull on those latex gloves, bend down and collect something man! I don't know anyone who has that many problems. If I knew someone who's galavanting around Miami with the relatives of co-workers, being a murder suspect,brother comes back to life magically, everyone being killed in the line of duty, mother being murdered, traveling to new york and still having that pesky IAB weasle's jelousy getting in the way of solving an actual murder, he'd be signed up to an insane asylum with daily injections of SIT DOWN FOR THREE MINUTES AND GET A HOLD OF YOU HEAD medicine.