Beyond Imagination: Back Online

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by EricaSJ, Jul 3, 2006.

1. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

You rawk. :cool: And I so understand...my husband and I have been going full bore on getting our website/graphic design business off the ground, it's pretty much nudged everything else off the table...so the timing should be good. Lookin' forward to those caps...

2. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

The site has been updated with caps from 8x05 The Chick Chop Flick Shop. I'm afraid The Case of the Cross-Dressed Carp (did I get that right? LOL) will have to wait until the next break. :(

3. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

"Break" as in week they play a rerun or something? Well between the holidays and the writers' strike, that might happen before too long... :eek: ::prepares for update city on PKO in early December... :D ::

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Ahem. You didn't really think there were new caps, did you? :D

I really should have made this post earlier. It's long-overdue. lol. Guess I just never had the courage to say the things I'm going to say now, but I figured I needed to do it before the year ends. Don't ask me why. xD

Alright. I won't be updating BI with caps from new episodes from now on. There are a few reasons. First is work. People who know me know that I have a busy job and work a lot of overtime...involuntarily. lol. Sometimes I don't even manage to watch the show until Sunday. Second is my other website, Margamania. Ever since I had it back online, I have been dedicating 90% of my time online to this site and there's just no time left for screencapping full episodes of CSI. I can't help it. Marg > everything! :lol: Third, and probably the real main reason is that I just don't think this show is worth my time screencapping anymore. I still watch the show, but I'm far less motivated as I used to be. To me, watching it is rather a habit than a passion now. I cap each episode frame by frame manually instead of using automatic capping programs (hens the quality that you guys love), and that takes a lot of time. I decided that I shouldn't spend time on something that doesn't really interest me anymore.

I will, however, make screencaps from old episodes when I feel like doing it. And I will post updates here whenever there are new caps on the site. You can go to Shane's site for caps from the latest episodes. He does a great job. He also caps all scenes with no exception, unlike me *coughs*NOGSR*coughs* :lol:

Anyway, thanks for the support you guys have given me through the years. I thought you at least deserved to know why I haven't updated the site for such a long time and what I plan to do with it in the future.

Happy New Year. :)

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

EEERRRIIICCAAA!

This post really made me sad. I really enjoy your caps far more than mine, lol. And the fact that you mentored me on screen capping and how to make my (ok) caps really really is appreciated.

I'm going to miss your caps on Beyond-Imagination. :(

6. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Aw, man, that sucks...Not that I don't totally understand, you know I had to let my basketball site go for largely the same reasons (work/real life intruding, other sites taking priority, in my case issues with the fan base rather than the subject)...

I do want to thank you for all the hard work you put in, your site was unquestionably Da Bomb of Bombs as far as screencaps. And you're an awesome person too, Erica.

Now, er...how to I get ahold of Shane to beg permission to use the caps from over there?

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

You could PM me. :p

8. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Erica I'm sorry to see you having to give up the regular capping for Beyond Imaginations. The caps you do have been fantastic. Best of luck with your Margamania site :)

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Thank you. I'm glad that there were people who enjoyed the caps. :) I'm sorry that I have to give it up, but I guess everything comes to an end eventually. :)

Robin, yes you can pm Shane (vegaslights) for permission, or you can just ask him to say yes right here. :lol:

10. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Hello. :)

Never thought I'd say this, but I liked this week's episode and I have a three-day weekend. lol. So um, I got 700 caps from Grissom's Divine Comedy. :lol:

You can go here for the gallery and the zip file if you're interested. I hope you enjoy the caps. :)

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Oh my God Erica updated. :lol:

12. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Erica great job :) Thanks for the pics :)

13. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

From the bottom of my heart Erica I thank you so much for all that you do!
    I love your caps! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :thumbsup:

-------------------------
    [​IMG]

14. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

*blushes*

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm really glad that you like them. Now you can go here to get caps from 8x13 A Thousand Days on Earth (796 in total). :)

15. Micha

Micha Rookie

Hi Erica,

Do you have screencaps of episode 8x15 The Theory of Everything?? I'm looking for screencaps of that episode, especially Kyle Planck burst into flames...
    Or maybe you know a link to a site or a ZIP-file ??
    Thanx a million,

Micha