George/Nick:Texan Charm #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Elsie, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Hehehehe...that's a nice pic!!! George does make a beach look good!

2. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

Now there's something to brighten up the dullest December day. :D

3. OnlyTruth

OnlyTruth Pathologist

Well, isn't that nice, to be listed as one of the "best" beach bodies. I have been finding such lists kind of sad, though - especially for the women, like poor Jennifer Love Hewitt (I haven't seen the mag, but chances are good she made the "worst" list) - maybe the mags could just stick with "best" lists and not be so mean and also list "worst."

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm glad everyone's enjoying it. Your welcome.

I totally agree with you Jacquie, it definitely brightens up your day. ;)

Oh yea, I didn't mention that Gary Dourdan made the men's worst list. He no longer has his six pack. Has put on some weight.

As for Jennifer they're leaving it up to the readers. You can take a poll at their website.

5. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

I'd like to see some of the people writing this stuff - chances are they wouldn't make it onto any best of list. The people eying up George are probably the same ones who slated him when he put on a few pounds last year.

Gary Dourdan's a fine actor and you still wouldn't say no. I think I may be writing this in the wrong thread though :lol:

*wanders off to find GD's appreciation thread*

6. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I wish people would stop obsessing about other people and their weight. Does it matter if someone puts on a few pounds or for that fact losses a few pounds. Life still goes on and if a person is happy about the way they look and feel so what does it matter what some magazine says. Actors and actresses are allowed to have bad days just like the rest of us. I have seen nothing wrong with GD's acting or looks because he may have put on a few pounds and I certainly didn't see anything wrong with GE's acting or looks when people were crumbling about his love handles :) As you may or may not notice weight is a very sensitive topic for me. I've been pleasantly plump my whole life but it hasn't stopped me from doing what I want to. And I don't care what other people think :)

So does being on the best beach bodies list make GE's best things for the year list or the worst list :lol:

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm with ya Jacquie. I'm pleasantly plump, as well. I like that "pleasantly plump", I like that. :)

Anyways, I think Gary still looks fine also. He could have had more shirtless scenes in CSI.

Man, give us girls something to look at. :)

I also didn't care when George put a few pounds. He was still sexy as hell. :devil: Let me tell ya, I'd rather have the extra pounds than the smoking. :D

I think the beach pic should go on GE's best list for 2007.

Can they be Nick's also?

Also, for his best list:

His acting in "Lying down with dogs": He said so much without saying a thing.

8. OnlyTruth

OnlyTruth Pathologist

You know, I thought about that, about whether being on the list should go on the "GE best of 2007" list. And I couldn't really decide. Because as I implied in my previous post, I am really feeling negative toward lists that focus on appearance. Still, as a 40 year old myself, if I was on the "best beach bodies" list, I supposed I'd be pretty thrilled (never gonna happen). On the other hand, GE has said publically that he doesn't like the whole "eye candy" thing (well, not in those words, exactly, but something similar). So....it's on the fence. I'd rather focus on the other good things he's done - Stokesgirl, I agree "Lying Down with Dogs" should go on the best list (for both Nick AND George - great acting, indeed).

Okay, I'm done ranting...

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I can understand being on the fence. I was actually kind of shock to see George there, but only because I don't see him much in magazines, usually it's the typical stars. I was just glad to see he was chosen and not just the typical stars you always see. Ok, I hope I explained that right. :confused:

So I was walking my dog and thought of another best thing, which then kind of turns in to a worst thing.

Best thing: Finally, getting more screen time. :D
    Worst thing: Writer's strike, now he and all of us have to wait. Though I completely support the writers and they should get what they want, I still hate having to wait.

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah well... whether he likes it or not, he's damned nice to look at! :lol: I think he'll get over it. ;)

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

George can't win.

I remember when he was so thin that I read comments about him needing to eat more. Now he looks much healthier and he still gets criticized.

Bodies change over the years especially as we get older. Our metabolism slows down as we hit 40, starting actually at 30. So most people don't have the same body as they did when they were younger.

And George looks damn fine..yummy!!!!

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

So, I'm just wondering, what's your favorite Nick episode? Ok, I know every episode with Nick is a favorite, but if you had to pick a few? Don't have to be in any particular order and put as many as you like.

Lets see mine would be:

1. Gum Drops (never gave up - this episode was much more poignant with Nick being the lead instead of Grissom)
    2. Grave Danger (should've got an emmy)
    3. Redrum (didn't kill Catherine when she reminded him she's the supervisor and to back off)
    4. Stalker
    5. Lying Down With Dogs (for saying so much without saying it, great acting)
    6. Rashomama (so cute)

13. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Favorite Nickesodes. Lets see -

1. Grave Danger
    2. Gumdrops
    3. Stalker
    4. Snakes
    5. Mea Culpa
    6. Laying Down With Dogs
    7. Rashomama
    8. 4 x 4
    9. Dead Ringer
    10. A La Cart

Thats pretty close. I get lost with 6 to 10 because I like them better than 6 to 10 indicates! ;)

Susan

14. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Where does one start with their favourite Nickisodes :)

1 Grave Danger
    2 Gum Drops
    3 Snakes
    4 Stalker
    5 Redrum
    6 Happenstance
    7 Ending Happy
    8 Laying Down with Dogs
    9 Rashomama
    10 Blood Drops- we get the first glimpse of what Nick is like when children are involved
    11 Let the Seller Beware
    12 A La Cart

and the list can go on :)

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh lord:

1. Grave Danger (great acting)
    2. Gum Drops
    3. Stalker
    4. Redrum
    5. Laying Down with the Dogs
    6. Snakes