Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

The last movie I seen was Die Hard 4.

2. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

calleighspeedle, listing the title of the movie is not enough. Please tell us your opinion about it, what you liked, what you disliked about it, etc. Thanks.

3. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street

Love Johnny Depp. Hate 99% of musicals. Love this movie. Tim Burton is an awesome director. And Johnny Depp is such a great actor. I really did enjoy this movie. I find it kind of dark in some places. And certain things I knew right at the beginning of the movie. At the end it was like oh man I can’t believe you just did that. A couple of the songs got stuck in my head. The first one JD sings and the other one about the barber and his wife. Ha-ha.

4. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Waitress, I just seen on dvd, and I'm having a love/hate relationship with it. I really enjoyed the movie right up until the end. The movie is billed almost as a romantic comedy, and I really wanted my happy ending. I suppose it is female empowered at the end, but I still wanted a different ending. But I really liked it up until then.

5. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

I just watched Alvin and the Chipmunks today. I loved it! It's a great movie to watch if you just want to relax and have some laughs. There's a lot of cute moments in the movie, which made me go "awww!" I love Simon and Theodore. :D Of course, Alvin too. But Simon and Theodore were sooo adorable in the movie. Of course, I'm a little biased towards Simon because he is voiced in the movie by Matthew Gray Gubler, whom I love so much as Spencer Reid in Criminal Minds. Hehe. I might get this on DVD when it comes out. :)

I watched The Greatest Game Ever Played on video a couple of days ago. It stars Shia LaBeouf (whom I've had a big crush on since Transformers) and it's based on a true story about Francis Ouimet (Shia's character), the first amateur ever to win the US Open, back in 1913. It's your regular inspirational film, and there's a really touching scene at the end when Francis wins the tournament and he sees his father in the crowd, who used to disapprove of him playing golf, I teared up a little. :p It's a movie worth checking out if you have a little time to kill. Hehe.

I also watched Transformers for the 4th or 5th time last night. I just can't get enough of the movie. So awesome. Can't wait for the sequel! :D

6. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Enchanted

This movie was absolutely adorable. It's combined a whole bunch of fairy tales and utter clicheness into one fantastic movie. It's sweet and funny, appropriate for a family flick or a good date movie. Except for one kiss scene... *shudders*

Anyways, I loved it and I'm looking forward to getting it on DVD :)

7. Kam

Kam Hit and Run

The world has a pit like a great big hole
    and the people in it are full of shit.

That I can't get out of my head. I don't know the rest of it adn through the movie I knew that it would bug me like crazy and only managed remember that part of it.

None of it suprised me considering it was once again Johnny Depp and Tim Burton. The ending kind of did in a way. I was expecting it but then again I wasn't. Tim Burton has that way with me. You never know what kind of ending you're getting.

It was obviously THAT kind of movie. I love it in a way, and hated it in anothe way. So cliche and yet not.

Basically my kind of movie, leaving me questioning if I loved it or not.

8. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I saw I Am Legend and Juno on the weekend. Both were amazing in completely different ways. Will Smith did a job like I've never seen him do before- seriously, he made me cry. He was fantastic. It was an amazing character piece. It wasn't some standard Will Smith action movie; not at all. I highly recommend this one.

Juno was just amazing- amazing acting from everyone involved; great dialogue and a good story. I was thoroughly entertained the whole way through.

Both movies get two thumbs up. :D

9. jennis

jennis Dead on Arrival

the last one that i saw in theaters was The Golden Compass. I loved the movie, but was a tad bit mad that it was in totally a different direction from the book. (For those that are/have read(ing) it would know what i mean.
    Overall the cast did an awesome job the movie and a great dialog. 4 out 5

10. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

The last film I saw was The Golden Compass. I thought it was fantastic. I read the books when I was younger and loved them then. I have to say that the film wasn't how I imagined it to be. I don't know if that was because it was different from the books like jennis says or because I just can't remember them that well. I hope they do the second one, The Subtle Knife because that was my favourite.

I've also just seen Fantastic Four; Rise of the Silver Surfer which was great too. It's a great film to relax with; you don't have to think at all.

11. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Sphere
    I saw it when I was like 12 and I watched it again. I didn't even notice how GREAT those actors were. Dustin Hoffman is one of my total favourites, not to mention Sharon Stone, Samuel L. Jackson (who was TOTALLY great in this one) and Liev Schreiber from CSI :p

Why do his characters die in each movie/tv show? :lol:
    Dumb and Dumber
    Such a great pick for New Year's Day :lol: I've seen it many times, it's still awesome. My favourite scene was definitely the hot hamburger one, those faces killed me :lol:

12. jennis

jennis Dead on Arrival

as Im aware of they are supposed to be making the trilogy

13. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

jennis, this is the movie review thread, so please don't post in here unless you have a movie to review. Otherwise it's considered spam. Thanks. :)

14. jennis

jennis Dead on Arrival

sorry *promise* wont do it again

15. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

I Am Legend

It was a really great movie. Will Smith thinks that he is the last human living and is still trying to find a cure for a very bad virus that killed millions of people. It was really good and I thought that it was really great that Robert still wanted to find a cure even though most of the population on earth had vanished. I couldn't believe that Sam(the dog) died. It was so sad because at the time he was the only thing that he had that wasn't disease ridden. It was a great movie overall. I would give it a 4.5/5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.