What the Writers' Strike Means to CSI: NY

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Interesting--they really don't like this Nick Counter guy. I wonder if the individual production companies and studios can work out their own deals that way, and how many of them would go for it. It's not like sects at the WGA can work out their own deals; the CSI: NY writers can't make a deal with CBS while say, the CSI writers don't have one. I don't know...either way, it will be interesting to see what happens.

2. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

Jerry Bruckheimer produces msot of CBS crime series so I wonder how much pull he woudl have?

3. saraneth

saraneth Witness

Just give them their money already! I don't want to see my favorite shows end! It seems like I have done everything I can to help but it's like this is never going to end. =[

4. jendai

jendai Victim

well they're playing trailers over here in the UK for seasons 4 of NY and 5 (I think) of Miami. So looks like we may just get half a season. Still, it's better than the alternative, which is nothing. Merry Xmas everyone xx

5. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^ I think its just CSI LV + NY

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Say the problems were resolved and the strike ended and all the writers went back to work. How long would it take the writers to complete the season before the next season would begin? Would they have to cut it short to like 20 episodes? I'm sure that if the strike was resolved CBS (or someone) would want the new season to begin at the same time as all the others?!?

^If that made sense :lol:

7. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

^ I'd say we'd definitely have a shorter season if that was the case, maybe less than 20 episodes. I'm not sure how it works but I don't think they'd start the new season like, two months later. *is still confused*

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Well we'll see :lol: I just hope they can resolve the problems early in the new year :)

9. Top41

I imagine if the strike was resolved in January (and at this point, that seems incredibly optimistic), they'd likely be able to finish 6 more episodes, maybe? Unless the season ends up running longer. But that would be 20. NY is ahead of the game because they already had so many done. Still, that number might be optimistic, and I have a bad feeling the strike won't be resolved in January. :(

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I think I read somewhere that CBS wrote the final two that they have, I can't remember where but has anybody else read that?!?

11. Top41

^No, the episodes were written by the CSI: NY writers, but usually the writers are involved in the entire process--writing the ep, filming, editing, etc. Because of the timing, the writers were only involved in the actual writing of 413 and 414, so it will be interesting to see how those turn out, given that the writers didn't have any input in filming or editing.

12. althea

althea Lab Technician

^^ My only concern right now is that Danny's storyline will be affected, maybe that's a bit biased, I know its not all about Carmine but its been such a long time since we've seen the "old" Danny and now with the strike dragging on I hope TPTB don't just forget about it and go on as though nothing has happened.

13. Top41

^I hope that storyline doesn't fall to the wayside either. :( I worry that if the show doesn't come back until the fall it will. I hope not, though!

14. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

I really do hope that the strike ends soon, I don't want my favourite shows to end, the Dead Zone and 4400 are already being cancelled. I'm wondering how it'll affect Sanctuary, it probably will, but that's made for the Internet, though It's still scripted I guess. I'm looking forward to S4 of NY being on TV.

15. Persona

Persona Hit and Run

What irks me most is how childish this whole thing is. Yes, the writers do deserve at least a part of the profits. They're the one who wrote the episode, therefore they deserve a part of the money. However, right now, neither side is doing much to resolve. All it's been reduced down to is mindless sniping at each other.

What I'm wondering is what kind of backlash, particularly from the viewers, will emerge from all of this. That is, if there's any backlash to come out of it.