Eric/Calleigh #28: Soon To Become A Major Religion

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by somethingsdont, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

*dies* Skylar's back.

Oh, you have to join in :D You can have a little extra time or something :lol:

Gosh, think how different things would be without the strike. Do you think they'll pick up where they left off when/if they come back? :confused:

2. _____Skylar

_____Skylar Lab Technician

I kinda have an idea, but yeah I would probably need more time. Or I could just skip the Christmas challenge and start working on the Valentine's challenge, if we're having one.

It's kinda hard to say. Honestly I don't know. I think they do want to get Eric and Calleigh together and it's part of the master plan, so I think it'll happen even though there's a strike. If the stirke gets resolved now, then they'll probably pick up where they left off. However if the strike takes a few more months, this would be it for season 6, and we would have to wait until September 2008 to get new episodes. That complicates things, because it would mean that unless they break up off screen, Calleigh will be with Jake for a year.

I don't know. I honestly don't know what to think. They could have Jake and Cal break up off screen, but they're so invested in this storyline and so obsessed with making it so right I don't think they wanna do that. But the strike complicates things, particularly the timeline.

3. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

True, unless they abandon the timeline? Maybe not make a season a year. I mean, season 6 has hardly strted!

I don't like the idea of Calleigh and Jake being together for a year. I really, really like J/C and what it means for E/C, but I don't think aa year would be right. It wouldn't fit. Neither would them breaking up of screen, like Sky said.

Ger, it's so complicated. Damn strike. I don't have a clue what they'll do.

It also worries me you're thinking of the Valentine's challange, Sky. Should we be planning now? :lol:

4. _____Skylar

If this is it for season 6 then Cal and Jake would have to break up off screen. They're having problems in their relationship right now and Calleigh isn't trusting him, and I don't think she would stay with him that long if that's the case. Probably the writers were planning to break them up during February sweeps but now there won't be February sweeps because of the strike.

Besides I don't see JW turning down job after job, waiting for CSI: Miami to call. He's a busy guy. So I don't know, it's possible we may never see Jake again and just get a throw away comment from Calleigh about how they're not together anymore because she didn't trust him, or something. I think that's probably better because it's very Calleigh to have her relationship end and not tell anyone until someone asked and just be very casual about it like "oh, that's over." I don't know.

I'm all for a Valentine's day challenge. Let's do it!

5. FluffyBlonde

FluffyBlonde Witness

I'm all for a valentines day fic too! That'd be ace.

Totally unrelated, but has anyone ever had one of those days where everyone seems to be out to scare the hell of you? That just about sums up my day. First my friend arrives and bangs on the door whilst i'm checking myself out in the mirror after watching thirteen ghosts. Then i thought my waters had broke when it in fact it was a hole in the bottom of my cup. Then my fiancee jumped out of the cellar just after the light bulb blew. Its just been one of those days.

Drommie

XOXOXOX

6. calleighsthebest

calleighsthebest Hit and Run

Ok, so here's my attempt at the Christmas challenge, be warned it's not great, but I said I'd write it, so here it is...

All I want for Christmas is You
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!

7. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

skylar, write one anyway. Caro said that if you don't finish your fic, just post parts of it on the 25th :)

calleighsthebest, that story is so adorable! I could totally see them fussing over the Christmas tree like that. <sigh> This strike needs to be resolved by new year so we can go canon!

8. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

I'm only halfway through my fic, I think i'll have to post it on the 25th 'cus I'm out away from my computer all day tomorrow :S

9. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

Skylar! I almost *almost* went to bug you on your LJ about writing a fic for the Christmas challenge, but I figured there was probably a good reason you didn't have time to hang around here much, so I didn't. But hey, you still have two days! And ah fuck, screw the deadline. Just write!

I haven't gotten around to reading the fics that have already been posted but I swear I'll get around to it.

I vote yes for the Valentine's Day challenge. We should probably start tossing around elements as soon as the Christmas challenge finishes.

I have a feeling everything's gonna be real quiet around these parts since there are no episodes/scenes to discuss. Maybe we should talk about old eps? I want to re-watch Death Grip but I don't have it on my computer and my DVDs are at home so I guess I'll just sit here and envision Death Grip, which is almost as rewarding. Mmm, sweaty Eric.

10. _____Skylar

Aw, I'll give it a shot. But I can't promise anything I still have to finish When It Falls.

Bunk was on the other night. Is that the one with the elderly lady? I loved "Southern... Cuban." Like it's something they tease each other about all the time. I love it.

11. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I haven't gotten to any of the fics posted yet either....but I am working on it!!

I can't believe it is Christmas Eve tomorrow!! Where did the time go?

I just got back from Hershey Park, PA. Let me tell you, they do an AWESOME job for the holidays. My nieces had a ball! But hell, it was frickin freezing out and of course my neice wanted to go on all the rides...so guess who got delegated for that chore? ;) yup me :D My face was totally frozen when we got off one of the rides but she had fun so it was worth not being able to feel my nose for about an hour :lol:

If I don't get the chance to drop by tomorrow, everyone have a happy and healthy Christmas and if you don't celebrate Christmas have a happy and healthy day ;)

12. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

My fic, of course, is already like 29485068342014 pages long, so who knows when I'll finish. Why do I do this to myself?

I'm off work for a few days, the family is in another country and all my friends are gone, so I'll be around all the time like the loser that I am. So if anybody wants to stop by and keep me company, please.

13. xxemilyrocksxx

xxemilyrocksxx Dead on Arrival

So I finished writing! But I guess it takes 2 days before I can upload anything onto ff.net- since I just joined last night.
    Is there anywhere else to put it?
    Who knows how good it is... but I am loving the ones I am reading!

14. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

15. _____Skylar

Well, guys, I tried. Since the deadline is today (eek!) I only had a few hours to write it, so it's not like, the most wonderful fic you'll ever read, but hey, I finished it in time.

Close Encounters of the Unmerry Kind

I'm going home to my family, so I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.