Best season premiere?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by dogbert14, Dec 13, 2007.

1. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

I like Blood Brothers (season two premiere) the best. It was a damn good episode, and it got that accomplished with no explosions or shootouts either (what has HAPPENED to the writers?). Despite a lack of current CSI: Miami action, it was full of suspense, drama, and (plenty of) character interaction. Yes, real, true character interaction - not just blindly following the evidence. Just speaking to each other normally and throwing in jokes every now and then.

Not only that, but it was a comfortable episode to watch too. Aside from the close character interaction, it was usually sunny and bright - and not to the almost uncomfortable brightness it is now. Did anyone notice how blue the sky was when H first confronted Scott Mandeville on the roof of the National? I liked that.

Episodes like this showcase what the writers are truly capable of (deep down). Instead of shootouts and explosions for drama, there was action like Clavo spitting on H (loved that, by the way), the scene at the end of the episode when H called in the Coast Guard(s) to arrest Ramon, and H's insincere "apology" to the Cruz brothers.

Season 5's premiere, Rio, is second place for obvious reasons, but this is about the #1 (in your eyes) premiere.

2. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

Despite how incredibly sad it is, I voted for "Lost Son". The emotional range in it is just so amazing, and everyone did so well in it.

3. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I voted for 'Rio' since I waited an entire season to see H get some sceen time with Yelina again, and it managed to live up to my expectations fortunately, cos season 5 hasn't met my expectations except for a few episodes. I also loved seeing H's interaction with Ray Jr.

'Blood Brothers' comes in a close second though.

4. shady

shady Hit and Run

'Golden parachute', basically because it was the start of the whole series, and it was a really good story and so well written. I would have said 'Lost Son', but seeing as I was crying my eyes out through most of it, I carn't say it was my favourite.

5. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

Oh gee, I hated Golden Parachute.

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Wow there are three premieres at a tie. :eek:

I chose 'Blood Brothers'. I just found it to be really well-written and it really encompased what 'CSI:Miami' was and the vibe that the city has along with excellent character interaction.

There were some great moments--The end scene with Horatio and the Canadian family offering them his condolences all the while giving a 'teaching' moment to Speed who during the course of the episode didn't fully understand the 'humanity' aspect of the case, moreso the science. It kind of gave a hint towards what the show would be delving into. Season one was primarily about the science/evidence and season two had much more of a balance between science and humanity.

'Blood Brothers' was such a contrast from season 1's finale 'Body Count' yet still portrayed the show in a way the fans could continue to enjoy. It became hipper, cooler, more relevant with worldly events but wasn't overwhelming. It was a wonderful setup to a great season. :)

7. Della

Della Police Officer

I voted for "Lost Son" - I enjoyed how the main storyline paralelled(sp?) what was happening with the CSIs - the only bad part of it was the blatant foreshadowing such as Speed's line "Still, plenty of time for that" (Made me cringe) but other than that, very well acted and the incidental music was perfect and not cheesy at all, which it could easily have descended into.

:)

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I chose "from the grave". I liked all the slow motion of the team walking to the crime scene...the WHOLE TEAM, when they actually went to the scenes together. We got introduced to the big "Riaz" story, even though at the time we were unaware of how it was going to unfold but I always liked how all that eventually came together at the very end of the season. And we got Natalia, who I really love so ..bonus! :D

9. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

My choice too. Blood Brothers is one of my 3 all-time favourite episodes (along with Hurricane Anthony and Big Brother). It was an interesting case, the setting was vibrant, there was lots of H/Y interaction :D, and Clavo Cruz was introduced as a very entertaining villain. The commentary on this episode is also very informative and pleasantly romantic. ;)

10. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I voted "Lost Son", it was heartbreaking to watch since Speed is my favourite CSI: Miami character but it was well written and well acted by everyone. It was a hard choice beacause I have liked all of the season premieres of Miami.

11. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

I chose 'Blood Brothers'. One of the best Miami epi ever. Great story. Clavo Cruz is the best H enemy (along with Stetler). H + green shirt = yumminess. H aroud Yelina = 'a wet dog in front of a log fire' (Radio Times review quote from epi. "Burned' :lol: )

More of this in the future pls. :)

12. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

I really haven't seen the first two season. So i voted for "Lost Son" It was just so emotional.

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I chose Lost Son just cause I though it was so emotional. Everybody did an amazing job plus it was well written. Even though it was so sad it was a great episode.

14. Sidle_fan

Sidle_fan Hit and Run

I´d have to say lost son, cus evrything about it is just awsome, the funeral scene is really sad tough, didn´t want Speedle to die. :(

15. VelvetRose

VelvetRose Dead on Arrival

I loved 'From The Grave'

It wasn't so much the episode, but the way the team come onto the scene at the start. I loved the way they looked, it was just so cool and, after waiting about 6 months for the new series it was just like 'they're baaack!'

I loved it.