Mac #5: Back In Black!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I agree with you about both Mac and Danny. Danny's not leadership material. I think his and Mac's very different ways of handling emotions makes them both interesting and most importantly DIFFERENT characters. There's a nice balance there. Also, like you say, if Mac wore his heart on his sleeve all the time he probably would not be as good a leader as he is. And he wouldn't be the Mac we know and love. I like how Mac shows his emotions, I like how he struggles sometimes to connect to people but is always there for his team.

Hey, have any of you UK Taylor Girls seen the five trailer for the new series of Vegas and NY? Some nice shots of Mac in black. They were on in the Miami ad breaks tonight, 2 or 3 times I think. I hope this means we'll get both series around the end of Jan start of Feb time, not closer to March. I think it does - didn't they start showing the trailers for NY S3 and Vegas S7 around the same time last year when they had the late Jan/early Feb start? I definitely remember the Miami finale last year being really close to Christmas, it was like Boxing Day or something, and we're only a week off now. So I really hope we get it late Jan/early Feb time. Even though I've seen most of the NY eps already, I can't wait for it to come on tv!

And here are some nice pics of Mac from Corporate Warriors as an early Christmas present for y'all-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you like 'em.

First 4 pics from CSI Caps, other 3 from past my shoulder.com

EDIT - I miss the gritty, very NY feel of S1 too. I don't miss the blue tint though, and I don't much miss Mac's ties (love the open collar look, mmmm :devil:) but I do miss the angsty Mac of that season too, though I do like we got to see a lighter side of him in s2/s3.

2. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I was thinking along those same lines, that between the 3 characters - Mac, Flack and Danny - I do think that Flack is the most consistently balanced, emotionally. Danny is too OTT many times, and Mac is too restrained, but Flack (and Hawkes, for that matter) is somewhere in the middle, although he leans towards Mac's more professional, cooler exterior, emotions-wise. I do think that's one of the reasons that Mac/Flack, Mac/Danny and Flack/Danny have (IMO) such excellent chemistry, is that they complement eachother nicely, as far as their emotional, professional and intellectual variances. Some compelling, realistic character development by both writers and actors, I think. :)

3. DakotaCal

DakotaCal Victim

That's such a great point. I agree that the three men have excellent chemistry together. I really do like all three characters - partly because they all are so different. With Flack kind of in the middle between two polar opposites, it makes a nice balance.

Also, the differences may be partly an age thing as well. I would be surprised if Mac wasn't more openly emotional when he was younger. However, I imagine him more like Flack than like Danny, though probably more serious.

Thanks so much for the pics MacsLady. An early Christmas present that arrived just in time. ;) I'm off for two weeks after this post. By the way, isn't Gary's face just perfectly into it during the cap of the big swing? :cool:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

4. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

DakotaCal, THAT interview is a short clip that occasionally gets shown between shows on fiveUS. They have a few CSI-related ones, and in one of them Gary talks about Mac and his development over the course of the third season. (It doesn't get shown often enough, and even when it does it's usually between Vegas episodes for some dumb reason!). I haven't checked but it might be available through Five's website or YouTube or something.

Last two season 3 episodes are on Five New Year's Day! What a great way to greet 2008, with wet Mac ;)

5. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

I've seen that interview about three times, and eveytime it comes on, I feel like I'm bouncing off the walls! He's such a lovely guy! :D
    http://www.ba-reps.com/artists/670/2655/m20-.jpg [image]
    Found this the other day-he looks good in leather :D :D

6. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Oooh, lovely pic, Tequesta. I had that up on my notice board in my room ages ago, but my sister stuck pins in Mac's head! :eek: She is evil sometimes, and not in a good way. :mad:

Over on the Mac/Stella thread a while ago they were talking about what Mac would have been like in high school. What do you guys think he was like? I bet he was one of the smart kids, a bit geeky maybe. But he was cute/hot I bet!

7. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

Yeah. He was probably the guy all the girls chased after all the time at school. I sure would like to chase after him...:devil: :devil:

8. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

^Me too. :devil:

9. ericisacutie

ericisacutie Lab Technician

Hey you guys, hope y'all are all doin great! Have a nice weekend!!

Here is a pic to start it off with, I love this one! :) [​IMG]

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I love that pi :devil: I wouldn't mind standing hwere Lindsay is... but I wouldn't be putting the tie on that's for sure :devil:

11. ericisacutie

^^:lol:^^^ I would love to be standing there too, look at his expression!

12. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^ Don't get me started :devil:

13. ericisacutie

^^Why^^ :lol: He sure does look good for his age, and though I'm just a teen I would love a hug.

14. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

^^I'd love to be stood there too, and I wouldn't be putting the tie on either. Look how close to her he is, how he's looking right at her, his expression... :devil: God, I'd just jump on him. And I'd want more than a hug... :devil: :devil:

15. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

You're all drooling over him, so lemme join you.:devil: That's one of my fav's. I'v used in too many of my walls. MacsLady I'm with you, a hug would only be the start :devil: :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.