Concerts.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by kazzy, Aug 2, 2005.

1. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

Lol, this is probably quite sad, but my mother is currently trying to get me tickets for the Spice Girls, 'cus I really really want to see them. hehe, I loved them when i was younger.

2. saraneth

saraneth Witness

Good for you and your mom! Those have to be hard tickets to get and I would kill to see Spice Girls! If you go you have to take TONS of pics and stuff.

3. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

:D She's trying to get them for my birthday but she's had no luck so far. *fingers crossed*
    I always wanted to see their concerts years ago but never got to go, when I heard they were reforming I was like 'OMG' I have to see them. Because yeah, they do rock :)

4. saraneth

saraneth Witness

Spice Girls kick major butt. I am going to see BSB when they come to chicago. I am pumped for that one.

Man... if only NSYNC would come back. Haha

5. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

NSYNC, now that would be one amazing concert! I would kill to see them, actually would. BSB sounds good, I was never as into them as I was NSYNC (which people thought were weird b/c NSYNC were never that big over here buttt...ah well)
    the good old days of pop are coming back. Pop concerts take you back to the better days of your childhood lol. Although rock concerts do look pretty fun.

6. saraneth

saraneth Witness

I am going to see BSB to get my NSYNC fill. I was a full out NSYNC fan but I have to get the pop fix somewhere.

And rock concerts are AMAZING. Make sure you go to at least one in 2008 and you should def try the mosh pit once in your life (only if you can handle it). I live for rock concerts.

7. loki

loki Lab Technician

Mosh pits are scary. At least they are for me, cuz I'm tiny, lol. I've been to a few underground punk rock concerts down in Vegas. Those things can get insane!

8. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

Well so far I've only ever been to see opera type concerts at the royal albert hall, and that is like way at the other end to a rock concert but I have always been intriuged. A lot of my friends go so I might just tag along. Any bands you'd recommend that are good live? I know a few play here in the UK.

9. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I'm scared to go in those things after I heard a guy my age got his leg sliced open. Some people are such idiots. They try to cram their way to the stage to get as close as possible, knocking everyone down in their way. I've seen it happen before. Doesn't look fun. If someone falls, you pick them up. The pit at the fob concert I went to looked like fun, though. But others can really suck when people can be so disrespectful. [/ramble]

10. saraneth

saraneth Witness

Hmm... Korn, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park. I wish I knew more bands that traveled over there. Three Days Grace is good along with Trapt and Shinedown but I don't know if they'll ever be over there.

Really any rock concerts are good. It's more of the vibe of just being there and the energy.

11. loki

loki Lab Technician

My cousin got a concussion at a Korn mosh pit a while ago. It sucked, because it was his first concert ever for his 21st birthday, and he couldn't even remember it.

I don't know of any bands that travel anywhere. I don't keep notes on where people go, lol. I suggest someone like Three Day's Grace, Trapt, Seether, Puddle of Mudd, someone like that. I know POM is on tour right now, I just missed their concert here.

12. saraneth

saraneth Witness

I suffered two broken ribs from a Disturbed mosh pit. I could def see someone getting clonked in a Korn pit and being out for the count.

13. SandleDL

SandleDL CSI Level One

I've never been to one :( But I hope I'll be able to go to Rock am Ring in 2008, that's the biggest rock festival in Europe - 3 days of rock! There are alway many great bands like Linkin Park, Metallica, System of a Down... plus lots of great German bands. I really wanna go there, I hope it's not just when I have my final examinations, cause I definitely won't be able to do them after a weekend of rock and alc! *lol*
    Another possiblity would be Wacken, that's the biggest Heavy Metal Open Air festival in the world as far as I know. Sounds just as great! :)
    Yeesterday a friend invited me to a Subway to Sally concert, they're a German medieval metal band. Maybe I'll go there, it would actually be my first concert ever. :)

14. Kam

Kam Hit and Run

I will never in my life ever again be anywhere near a mosh pit at FOB. Uh uh no no those are scary.

Well truthfully, it was fine until the thrashers started and I had the common sense to say no to it then... but I was still on the edge. Got a cracked tooth and spent the rest of the show confused about what was going on.

And I mean I love me some mosh pits, I've been in so many different ones and once I almost passed out cuz somehow I ended up flipping and landing on my head. The moment isn't clear :D but for FOB it just scared me senseless because I fell down and they just kept on going, the only reason I got up was because my sister was close by and saw me go down.

The one and only time I've ever chilled out in the back at a show.

But they can be extremely fun. Old school pits are the best, the best I've been in are for Social Distortion (really old punk band) rough but nice. People got knocked down, people got picked up and after it was all done lots of hugs and pats on the back. I think that is the mosh pit I almost passed out in, which might have been why I got hugs and pats because after I was pulled up I went right back in. :D Them were some nice guys, beat me up then pat me on the back.

The biggest problem I've ever had is (other than that dreaded FOB show) is because I'm a chick the guys think they're being all good by yanking me out. Because people walk into them thinking they'll be able to get closer to the stage easily all the time so I guess they're trying to keep me safe.

There really is no other feeling like flying through the air when you get ran into hard. Seriously. Happy times.

And as many as I've been in, I've never seen any one get sliced or cut. I mean I've seen some bloody lips and piercings not how they're supposed to be anymore but never anything as dangerous as full blown slices

15. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

At the fob show I went to, Pete actually told people to start a circle mosh pit so of course they did. But it looked like everyone was having fun.

I know at MCR concerts Gerard always tells people to pick someone up if they fall down. Sometimes they'll even stop the show for a bit if they see people getting hurt.

But still, you never know what'll happen. I liked sitting in the seats put the pit looked so much more fun. I hope I'll get to be in one at least once.