George/Nick:Texan Charm #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Elsie, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i wonder if its georges own personal preference that he seems to be in every scene that has an animal? or maybe *gasp* the writers actually remembered their continuity that nick is also an animal lover, and speaks spanish. nice to have that pop up every once and a while.

was the red head dog fighting lady peyton on savannah? it sounded like her. if it was that makes 3 people (including george) from savannah that have been on csi. she was one of the lucky ladies that had love scenes with georgie. some girls have all the luck eh? :lol:

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I loved Nick in the latest episode. :) It was great to see him up front and centre, as it had been suggested that he will 'step up' this season. He was fantastic, hearing his Spanish again and seeing his love for dogs shine through. He really did seem to feel for the boy who killed Elizabeth, as well as being obviously disgusted by the dog fighting and his sadness at them being destroyed for being considered dangerous. What a great Nick episode! He's so compassionate and professional, which are some of the reasons why he is my favourite CSI. I'd like more of the same please. :D

Yep maple, she was Peyton on Savannah, I knew I recognised her from somewhere... :lol:

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I loved Nick in this episode. You could tell that he really wished that they didin't have to destroy the dogs. On other boards most people hated the episode because they didn't like the subject matter. I didn't like the subject matter but I thought that they handled it well. Yes Jacquie Nick did look good in the shirt/sweater combo last night. He looked professional. (I guess thats the best way to put it.) Did you notice - another scene where he's walking down the hallway. They seem to be doing that a lot this year.

Susan

hhmmmmm, Actually got a UBB code to work. Maybe I'll try posting some pics now.

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I've been over at the other websites-which shall remain nameless and there's a lot of static about Nick becoming the 'leading man' on the show. Basically they have said that George is not a a strong enough actor to carry the show.

The way I see it, how can you tell when he was put on the backburner for several season while the PTB dabbled in Catherine angst and GSR? I'm not criticizing the writes, but Nick, Greg and Warrick were simply the eye candy for several seasons and now that they have stepped up to the plate, nobody likes it.

I think these guys, particularly GE can carry the show very well.

And George proves it every week, despite the crankiness of the GSRs and Catherine angsters..

I'm venting, please forgive me. Christmas makes me cwanky..

5. shenill

shenill Witness

Hey everyone

Does anyone know what Nick and the lady were talking about in Spanish?

I don't speak it, but I think she said something about his shoes and he said sorry?

I was just curious.

6. OnlyTruth

OnlyTruth Pathologist

I'm pretty sure that she says "Take off your shoes" and then he does say "I'm sorry" but then we couldn't get the rest of it - he said it fast and kind of mumbly. Of course, we all know how Nick feels about taking off his shoes. I'll post again later if we figure out the second half of what he says (unless someone beats me to it)

7. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

I am amazed to find that the subtitles worked on the Spanish exchanges.
    The lady says, "Quiteses los zapatos", which is in fact take off the shoes
    Nick replies "Lo siento pero esta prohibido" which to the extent of my high school Spanish I think is - Sorry, but it's not allowed
    I love Spanish speanking Nick :D

8. shenill

shenill Witness

Bookgirl,
    Do you mean you love Spanish speaking or Spanish "spanking" Nick :devil:? :lol:

Thanks for the info.

9. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I'll definitely take the later of the two :devil:

10. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

i love your Avatar Jacquie its gorgeous. i might have snagged itt... :rolleyes:

11. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

:eek: Did I just post that? Yikes.
    I meant Spanish speaking Nick, but if the options open I'm not going to argue with either. :D

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I loved George in this episode too! He shows so much emotion without actually showing it. You know exactly what he's thinking. Now, that's acting.

I was hoping that they would have shown Nick taking home a dog.

I also think George should have been in the PSA at the end of the show.

More George = HEAVEN!!! :D

13. KFK

KFK Witness

Hey All,
    Has anyone else played the Hard Evidence pc game? It's definitely fun. Solved my first case with Nick as my partner. What more could a girl ask for than Nick as her partner in crime...crime solving that is...

14. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Welcome stokesgirl and KFK Pull up a chair and make yourselves comfortable :) We don't bite each other but we do occasionally nibble on a certain Texan :D If you haven't ventured over to the picture thread, otherwise known as the Ward, just follow the drool buckets :) You can join in our theme game, just post pics or drool over the ones that have been posted.

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Freudian slip there bookgirl20

I prefer spanking over speaking... :devil:

:lol: ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.