Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audrina

audrina Police Officer

It's funny you should mention this, because I've often thought back to that episode. Anyone who knows me knows I kind of like Anna/Lindsay for reasons I won't explore here (you're welcome! :lol:). But, I do believe the writing for her has sucked (whether you like Anna or not, I find this inexcusable). My opinion is that at the All Access stage, they hadn't decided for sure WHAT her "deep, dark secret" was. Maybe they were considering an abusive past at that time?

In general, I don't believe forethought is a strong point here. I couldn't help thinking when Stella/Flack/Lindsay were joking around that this scene was originally intended to run before they knew about Danny. It would make more sense than to have all three people, all of whom care about Danny, enjoying themselves while he was in such pain.

Oh, and I'll weigh in on teh Mac/Lindsay scene. I agree Top: Mac's advice sucked, but that didn't surprise me. I honestly believe she was simply worried about how to approach him w/o making it worse, just MO. BUT: I am sick of this Lindsay/emotional cripple thing. Enough.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Something that I find weird--you look at Lindsay when she first came, and look at her now...is it even the same person? Aside from being from Montaaaana, there's not much of a comparison anymore. She came on the show as a 'tough' chick trying to prove herself and show that a 'country' girl can roll with the big city kids--and now she's a comic book nerd-slash-emotional spaz??

Season 2: she didn't want to be the rookie, she didn't want to be underestimated, she showed that she sucked with kids and yay she watched sports

Season 3: she was pretty much whiny and the whole world revolved around Lindsay-Lindsay-Lindsay. And she suddenly couldn't deal with mothers or dead young people or much of anything really. Moo.

Then season 4 shows up and she's past being whiny, although she pretty much just stands there looking like a human drum mallet (please to be not f*cking with her hair any more, stylist--you keep trimming and she's going to be bald), and she's suddenly into Speed Racer and comic books, et cetera. Plus, she went from not being good with kids >> not being good with mothers >> not being good with anybody that has a pulse.

We went from having multiple personalities to having multiple identities with only a vague-ish sense of overlap. This is...not necessarily a good thing. Hopefully they'll at least pick one friggin' Lindsay and stick with her, but I have my doubts...

3. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

I'm getting more and more convinced that there is no deep dark secret. At all.

I mean how long do they need to FINALLY let that out? For Danny, it wasn't very long. For Mac, right off the bat. Basically, throughout season1 and parts of season2, they have mentioned (and explored) their main cast's backstories. Heck, even their minor cast.

Adam's bully dad could be considered a dark secret, that Adam was bullied by his dad -- and yet they said that in passing. Even so, it had a big impact (relation to the case as well as AJ's delivery).

Whatever this "deep dark secret" of Lindsey's is... I doubt the writers know either.

4. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Uh, I think the deep, dark secret was her friends being killed by Katums. :lol: That's why there's no more deep dark secret. :lol:

5. chaostheory08

That's it? *scratches head*

And why are they (tptb and d/l-ers) still talking about a "deep dark secret"?

6. penguinpie

penguinpie Prime Suspect

Lord help us if there is another one. :rolleyes: The first was such a dismal showing and frankly boring and anti-climatic. She already comes across as a bit of a basket-case; adding any more trauma to the mix would be beyond the pale.

Then again, ridiculously over-the-top angst and OMG HORIBLE SEKRIT PAST is a Mary-Sue's stock in trade and isn't Lindsay the ultimate Mary-Sue?

I know we've discussed her Mary-Sue-ishness before (Look, Ma, I made a new word!), but do you think she still fits the criteria?

7. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

You know you're secret wasn't that deep or dark when :p...

No, I think now it's onto the whole possible d/l bump. [​IMG]

Haha she does look like a drum mallet Faylinn... a 40 year old drum mallet.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, the dark secret was third season. The DL "bump in the road" is the only thing I've seen talked about.

Honestly, I think press quotes have to be taken with a grain of salt. Obviously they're meant to tease, mislead and generally get people excited about and interested in the show.

I do think about Carmine's comment about Danny finding out "Lindsay's not all he thought she would be." Someone who can't even support him during a crisis after he's been there for her so many times would certainly fit the bill, wouldn't it? Danny deserves better, period.

The new haircut is unflattering as is her new wardrobe. I kinda wonder if that's part of why we don't see so much of them together anymore--they no longer look like an age-appropriate couple. She looks about 40; he looks 30. Networks do, unfortunately in some cases, harp on that. Whether there's a bump in the road coming up or not, it's undeniable that the romance is definitely not a focus this season--thank goodness.

9. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

It certainly looks like he was right on with that. :D Could anybody else show him less support? I don't think so. Also, Carmine was right on last season (even though I hated it) when he said DL would be in the sack be the end of the season.

The press, AZ, Pam Veasey, any of them. Where is this love that AZ talked about with the promo picture. We haven't seen anything at all that would prove they are a couple. IMO, all the DL talk that he had been doing was to keep the DL fans tuning in for those shippy moments. All shows do that. Their main interest is ratings and I'm sure they do whatever they can to get those ratings.

I'm beginning to wonder if Lindsay is capable of loving anybody. It doesn't seem like it. Kids don't really like her (remember the girl in City of the Dolls and the girl in Boo). They certainly didn't care for her and btw, they were much better actors then Anna. The girl in Boo wouldn't talk to Lindsay but she had no problem talking to Danny. That was cute but who wouldn't wanna talk to him?

I'm not even gonna comment on the hair and clothes other than to say EWWW. Maybe I'll comment later on when I'm not so tired.

10. audrina

audrina Police Officer

Just so you guys know, I know that the whole Katums thing was her "deep/dark." It was just when they brought the character aboard, that was part of her descripition, and I think at that point they didn't know what the secret would be. I have a serious issue with the lack of planning.

11. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

Yeah, they did the exploratory surgery during the hiatus of season 2 and found that she didn't, in fact, have a heart....she's been on the life support system of one 'Danny Messer' ever since. Time to pull the plug methinks :rolleyes:

12. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

?? Lindsey showed up in the morgue to offer support and Danny blew her off. She asked Mac for advice. What was she supposed to do, chase after Danny and insist that he accept her support? And then we'd have a whole thread full of posts about how she couldn't leave him alone and give him his space.
    (and as for Lindsey being all laughing and joking in the scene afterwards, Flack was just as happy and laughing over the stuff he'd wasted his money on as a kid, and surely by then he knew about Danny & Ruben as well)

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Danny was already walking away when she entered, so I don't think he specifically "blew her off." Also, it's speculative that she was there to offer support. Yes, she heard about what happened and showed up, but if she would have actually shown support of any kind is anyone's guess.

She didn't ask Mac for advice. She made a statement: "I'm really not good at this." or whatever it was.

If she "insisted" he accept her support you're right, people would have complained. If she went after him and acted unselfishly, not so much. That's a plot hole I think is the writer's fault.

There was no CANON evidence Flack and Stella knew anything about Ruben and Danny, so it makes sense they'd be joking around.

14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

She could have showed support by going after Danny and telling him she was there if he needed her instead of turning to Mac and telling him she wasn't good at that. She made it all about herself again. If Lindsay had offered her support and Danny did blow her off, I would just think that she tried and he wasn't ready for it but she never even tried other than to say "Danny" when we was walking off.

Exactly. We don't know if they knew or not but I'm betting they didn't know. Flack has always shown support for Danny when he needed it and at the very least, Flack would have found out how Danny was doing. There have been other situations when we knew the other characters had known (like in Sweet 16 when Lindsay got bit by that Cobra, Danny asked Mac how she was.) so, I don't think that Stella and Flack knew. Of course, Lindsay could have told them but she didn't.

Lindsay's selfish. There's plenty of proof of that.

15. chaostheory08

I think they keep repeating that "there is something romantic between Danny and Lindsey" like a mantra so that they can believe it themselves.

They needed an excuse for Anna to disappear from the show for a while. The whole thing seemed rushed and it lacked depth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.