"Cockroaches" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 30, 2007.

1. 27dayz

27dayz Police Officer

I know that Grissom can only do so much, but as the boss, he has a bit of a responsibility to ensure that his team's problems don't affect their work as drastically as Warrick's problem's have affected his job. Let me put in this way. In Burden of Proof (Season 2), Sara was about to walk out on the team because she had a disagreement with Grissom. Catherine points out to him that as the leader of the team, people are building a family around him, whether he likes it or not. She says that he should pull his head out of the microscope every once in a while to check what's going on with his team. I'm saying that that is what Grissom could've done for Warrick. He could have seen what Warrick was going through and maybe helped him before things got this bad. He's not their psychiatrist. He knows that eventually they have to sort out their own problems, but he could have made an attempt to get Warrick the help he needed before Warrick had his meltdown. He did that for Sara when she had a drinking problem. He urged her to get help. Why couldn't he do the same for Warrick?

I do realize that Grissom has his own problems. It's not easy being left behind and heartbroken, but he did have people trying to help him. Brass, Catherine, and Nick all tried to talk to him in You Kill Me. They were all there for him and willing to help him through his problems, just like he helped them through theirs. Grissom shrugged them off. He has people who want to help him, but he's just too stubborn to accept help.

The point I was trying to make in my last post was this: Maybe, after seeing Warrick go through this turmoil, Grissom might actually lift his head out of the microscope and pay attention to the wellbeing of his team. A team can't function if there are problems with one of it's members.

2. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

And that's exactly why you don't mix romance and workplace. Plus, Griss is the supervisor. He's paid to do that job nd it is more than delaing the cases to the group. So much more. He's neglected it all for a couple of years and really needs to get fired. If you accept the pay, you accept the resposibility. Grissom is not at the moment.

The way the treated Warrick was all but professional. Sending him home alone? He should have been sent to the hospital, checked out and forced to a NA meeting. Drug-abuse on the job requires immediate supervisory reaction; uyou get them the help they need.

3. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

Just to bring up the convo about Warricks wife, Tina. I think we can pretty much assume she is having a baby to another man, as Warrick did say that on the phone. Unless he was exaggerrating or something, or believes she is cheating and the baby isnt his. But I gather she is pregnant to someone.
    I think this ep was too much to do with Warrick and had nothing to do with the deaths of the two blokes, I didnt really like it, didnt see cath, greg or anyone else really.

4. doodoo23

doodoo23 Victim

Anyone that thinks the story here is far-fetched. It's based off a real story. The Crazy Horse Too strip club in Vegas. Look it up.