Grade 'Child's Play'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

Great episode.

Carmine was brillent, and his brushing Lindsey off was great.
    Poor Ruben. :( Mac and Sheldon were there for Danny, only thing that would've made it better was Donny comforting him as well.

The other case was really good too, sad ending and all.

Flack and that guy with the fireworks was fun to watch. Great chase, and they blew stuff up, which is always entertaining. Don was really pissed off! :lol:

Great episode, and now I need to go to bed. Night, all.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I know, what an idiot. :rolleyes:

Oh, and Flack's story about getting hit with a ruler by the nuns for trying to x-ray girl's clothes in school? Priceless! :lol:

3. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Flack in Catholic school. I bet he got busted more than once for trying to look under the girls' clothes. But who could turn down those baby blues?

4. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

^Poor Flack. :lol: I wonder if he's got an irrational fear of peguins.

And he's way to pretty too hit with a ruler. :p

X-ray specs. :lol: I thought he was smarter then that. Actually, if he was surrounded by angry old nuns, maybe it's a good thing that they didn't work.

5. rhythmbutterfly

rhythmbutterfly Victim

Just a few thoughts on the ep:

First of all, I guess my question of whether the DL relationship was a secret is now answered. The scene between Lindsay and Mac pretty much proved that he knows they're dating.

Second, I owe a massive apology to all those who complained about Lindsay being totally self-centered. I thought perhaps you were just bashing Lindsay because you wanted Danny to yourselves :) But, my God, she couldn't have made me hate her more tonight. She wasn't concerned about the innocent little boy who died, and she wasn't concerned about Danny's feelings. She was concerned about what Danny was going to think of her. Damn. And in the next scene, she was yukking it up with Flack. Do TPTB want us to hate her? Cuz it seems to me, at least, that they are setting it up that way.

Third, I might buy that there's some kind of past with Danny and Rikki. I might have brushed that off but for the affectionate use of the "Messer" nickname. It makes me wonder, but I'm not convinced yet.

Fourth, I wouldn't be surprised if Rikki somehow blames Danny for what happened. After all, she left Ruben in Danny's care. I'm sure he blames himself, and his hesitation at the end of the episode suggests that he might sense that coming from her.

Random thoughts - feel free to disagree!

6. flackfan_82

flackfan_82 Witness

lol, i'm sure Flack was trouble for the girls in highschool...totally agree that Laughin Larry totally missed the ball park on who's better looking, as there is no one better looking than Don Flack :cool:

loved the "Don't mess wit the tie" look that Flack gave him in the joke shop when he got squirted.

"How bout I schtick you in jail overnight" LMAO...there were some prize one liners this episode - must say, the scene where he arrested the pickpocket was a great one - gawd, if he looked at me while holding up handcuffs and motioned for me to turn around,.... :devil:eek:h there I go again :devil:...LMAO...kinky...all I can say is, leave the the Kevlar half-top on ;)

Fay, i was thinkin the same thing about Lindsay's hair tonight. It hasn't grown an inch since the first episode this season, and it's startin to look a little dowdy - I sure preferred the loose curls from season two to that

7. audrina

audrina Police Officer

I guess I didn't see it that way. I saw it as Lindsay trying to think of a way she could help Danny with his grief, and not knowing how to do it. I think her concern was Danny .... how to be there for him and not make things worse.

That said I get sick of the Lindsay-as-emotional-cripple stuff they pull all the time. Blech. Enough.

As for her conduct after, the job must go on, and I know myself, if there's soemthing bothering me and I can't do anything abuot it, I'll let myself be distracted by things at hand ... like humor.

Onto other things.... I just love Sid Hammerback. I loved that he didnt' get snippy w/ adam, and they played well of each other.

LOVED Flack and all his energy and humor. They really seem to be putting him out there more and the show benefits exponentially from it. Go Flack!

Carmine was great. I read spoilers, so I knew Ruben was going to die, but still cried rigth along with him.

Thought Mac pulled off the sage windom man act well tonight. Glad to have him back in that role after all the 311 stuff.

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I thought it was pretty good. The Carmine/Danny acting was nice.

argh where did Flack talk about school? I totally missed it :(

I thought there'd be more D/L but I'm not going to complain about the lack either.

I agree about the motive in the Laughing Larry case not quite being convincing.

B I'll give it.

9. stormymac

stormymac Hit and Run

I agree, Flack was great tonight.

I loved this episode. It belonged to both Carmine & Eddie.
    Carmine brought the emotion and Eddie brought the snark.

What I love about Carmine is that in dramatic scenes he is very understated. A lot of actors would have been choking on some scenery during this episode, but Carmine chose to hold back in his scenes. He was so quiet in his devastation that your heart could not help but break for him. Bravo!

Now for Eddie. It seems that the JoJ have found there way from Don Eppes in LA to Don Flack in NYC. They must come with the name. ;) After Snow Day and now Child's Play, they really need to show us more CasualFlack along with SuperFlack. Eddie was wonderful as usual and the snark was flying. Loved his ad lib with the handcuffs and the twirly finger and we got more insight into his childhood ("innocent young eyes" my foot, I doubt he's ever been innocent :devil:)

I do have a nitpick. Exactly how long were Flack, Stella, and Lindsay in that warehouse? When they went in it was a bright, sunny day and when SuperFlack chased the guy across the roof and tackled him, it was pitch black outside. I know this show isn't known for its continuity but come on!

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Grade: C+

I just typed a long ass review and lost the damn thing. Here are the major points.

--I thought the case with Ruben should've been the A case and the Laughing Larry case should've been the B case.

--I felt like I could sympathize with Danny for feeling guilty and be a bit angry with him for not keeping closer watch on Ruben.

--I liked the church scene where Danny wants to reach out to Ruben's mother and she appears not to want that. I get the sense she holds him somewhat responsible for what happened and that's understandable.

--I liked Mac being empathetic with both Danny and Lindsay.

--I liked Lindsay saying, "I'm not very good at this kinda thing." It acknowledged her past and her behavior in S3. It also showed that she was concerned about Danny but not sure how to help him.

--I liked Lindsay and Flack geeking out over Laughing Larry.

--I liked Anna Belknap's performance.

--I liked Sid with the itching powder, Adam wanting Sid to have his back with Mac and Hawkes getting hit on by the tattoo artist.

--I liked that Mac brought Lucy to the morgue to show her the consequences of her action.

--I loved Eddie Cahill's ad lib and expression when confronting the suspect who lost his hearing.

--I didn't like how TPTB had Lindsay caring about Danny in one scene and then in the next she's all excited and bantering with Flack. We never see a hint of her being concerned about Danny the rest of the episode. She also never told Flack and Stella about Danny's situation. In All Access, Trapped, and Sweet Sixteen, all the team members were made aware of a collegue being hurt, in danger, etc. That should've happened here too.

--I finally like AB's performance and TPTB make Lindsay look like a dolt. WTF??

--I didn't like Flack's endless stream of one liners. Yes, he's the king of snarky comments, but I exceeded my per episode limit with this one.

--I didn't like that the killer was yet another person scarred by the loss of someone in childhood and waits 20 - 30 years to get revenge.

--I didn't like that the Laughing Larry case didn't hold my attention very well.

11. Faylinn

Do we even know they're dating? And would Lindsay not care about Danny right then if they weren't?

I'm kind of surprised that a young, dead person didn't make Lindsay think of the mother. Because personally, I'm looking at Ruben and thinking "a child is dead", and that child is somebody's son. Yes, their job involves dealing with death every single day, but when it becomes personal--as we're obviously meant to believe--it wasn't just about Danny. And Lindsay is meant to be very aware of victim's mothers.

Also, giving her lines that basically start with "I" is always a slippery slope--because then they risk it sounding like she can't understand anything unless it's somehow related to her. Fact is, does anybody know how to tell a person "I'm sorry that someone you care about is gone"?

Besides, if I'm asking how to connect with someone, I don't think I'd go to Mac--maybe Stella or Hawkes.

Yes, yes and yes. :p First Adam with a Suicide Girl and now Hawkes getting hit on by a kickass lady--the geeks just attract them, don't they? :devil:

Yes, me too.

[random] But was I the only one who thought that chick couldn't act for shite? [/random]

*gasp! shock! horror!* :p

12. lagunera1818

lagunera1818 Victim

As this is an important episode for Danny's character, I decided that this would be a great occasion for my first post...I liked the episode especially Carmine's acting which is always great but this time it blew my mind...I'm still confused about Lindsay (I like her one minute and then the next I'm like "ew") but I'm not worried about it...Eddie is becoming my favorite character more and more...

and may I end in this note...

Flack in jeans...whoa...

no seriously...

whoa...

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

No you weren't.

Does this mean I'm kicked out of the Cult of Fay? ;)

Seriously, I liked AB and thought TPTB really undercut her performance and Lindsay's character by showing the morgue scene and then having her be all kicks and giggles over Laughing Larry and business as usual the rest of the episode.

14. Faylinn

Yes, you are hereby banished. :p I should have Flack spank you thoroughly while I'm at it (and before you get any ideas, he will be fully clothed and not happy :p).

:lol:

15. flackfan_82

flackfan_82 Witness

gee fay...that doesn't really sound like much of a punishment...in fact i'm a little jealous... :devil: