Grade 'Child's Play'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Danny drama tonight...what did you think of the ep? :cool:

2. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

...Okay. I have turned into one of those people who click on an episode discussion thread, waaay before the episode has even aired, even though I know full well that there aren't any replies yet. :lol:

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I don't want to have to leave these locked until just before the ep airs (cause remembering to unlock it would be a pain in the ass :p ;) ), so lets keep non-episode related chatter down in here. Thanks. :)

4. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

Well, tonights episode loks like it will be good, lots of Danny, etc. Just hope they don't use it as an excuse to force more D/L on us. (Not trying to offend shippers, but I'd rather see Danny turn to Don and Mac for support, like in past seasons, and Lindsey annoys me)

Just hope I can get all three of my dogs walked early enough not miss the beginning.

5. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

Wow, 3 dogs. :eek: And here I'm having trouble handling just one tiny adult dog. :lol:

Got it, Top. Only episode-related chatter. ;)

It looks like there's a great contrast between Flack's case and Danny's case. Kind of like in "Creatures of the Night" in Season 1 when Mac and Aiden spent most of the episode chasing after a rat that ate their bullet, while Stella worked on a rape case.

I just know that Danny is going to make me cry while I'm watching the episode, I can't stand it when hot guys get all teary and emotional. :lol:

6. owlki

owlki Witness

The promo looks great and it's so heartbreaking... I was close to tears just watching it...

I can't wait to watch this episode and I still have to wait till tomorrow evening to do it! I've been counting the days these last two weeks...

7. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Woohoo!!! 6 hours to go =] This is the first ep all season that i cant actually watch when it is on tv....i'm super excited =]

The promo was amazing...i don't doubt that the rest of it will be equally good...Carmine always knocks those angsty moments out of the park!

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^ Guys I know you're excited but, like Top said, maybe you should try and to hold yourself from posting in her untill your have seen the ep and are reviewing it :)

9. flackfan_82

flackfan_82 Witness

all I can say is....FRIGGIN EH! :D Best episode of the season thus far. The ebb and flow between the two cases was brilliant. At first I thought the contrast was going to be a bit much, with the Laughing Larry case too much joke for the seriousness of Danny's case - but it ended up being quite tragic in it's own right, melding the two stories...well done writers, well done! (can't wait for you to get back at it!!!)

Kudo's to Carmine :cool: - well played, way to bring back the ugly cry...Danny so needed a hug (ps - who else saw the 'talk to the hand' moment with Lindsay? *snicker*); He is such an emotional character, it's so easy to relate to him, and empathize with him - how cute was Ruben?! I think it was good that they did not focus on Danny/Lindsay too much. I can pretend in my mind that she was supportive and didn't bring it around to her, lol...not like SD or The Deep. I almost got the sense that there was some background between Ricki and Danny, a little eluding going on there (more than your typical neighborly relations)...tension to come in future epi's?

Welcome to the return of the Kevlar vest!:lol: Flack was priceless in this episode. I love him a million times more than ever after this epi...mental images of a highschool flack being attacked by a nun with a ruler (LMAO) :lol:, and the slick chase scene which he so totally OWNED ('Stop Drop and Roll you Sonofabitch!') - my pleasant mental images runneth over after this episode (please someone post screen caps of that lucious ass in those jeans!!! I loves me a casual Flack) - okay...sorry...my mind wandered...anyways...yeah... ;)

Why aren't Adam and Sid in more scenes together? Their quirkiness individually and combined works wonders *wondering where Adam is inked - inked=smexy ;))...and eww to tattooing eyeballs - that cannot be healthy...

okay, i'm gonna watch it again and again tonight...i'll probably be back with more later :)...but BRAVO!

10. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

^^Exactly right, given the seriousness of Danny's part of the episode, they did an excellent job of the serious and the joke. And Flack was terrific, just terrific. I also found when Sid was itching all over to be funny, and the explanation for it seemed to shock him. Very good, all around, this episode held my attention and kept it. I haven't been able to say that about all episodes lately.

11. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

It was amazing. Well, is, it's still on. I swear each week I love this show more and more and it's all because of Danny.

This epeisode is already amazing, fantastic, and there's like nothing they could possibly do to make it even remotely less amazing.

12. JulieAnn

JulieAnn Witness

Loved it, Loved it. Danny was great, such a sad story and Flack was amazing. must watch again before giving a more detailed review.

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ok, I cried, I'll admit it. Ruben was such a cute kid, and I loved seeing him interact with Danny--but it was bittersweet because I knew that Ruben would be a victim.

Carmine did a wonderful job, and you could really tell that Danny is grieving over Ruben's death--I get the feeling that he's so shocked and overwhelmed that it's going to take a while to sink in--and the guilt isn't going away. I think it's interesting that he and Rikki are both grieving, but they aren't grieving together--I don't think he actually touched her at any point. The first time, she motioned for him to keep his distance, and the second time he hesitated. I'm curious if we'll see Rikki in a later episode--I'd love to see them work through their grief together, rather than dealing with it alone.

On a more shallow note, Sheldon was hot as usual, Flack gets more smokin' every week (in that warehouse scene, I wanted to jump his bones), and Adam is friggin' adorable--plus, how cute was it when he was trying to disagree with Sid without disagreeing with Sid? :lol:

I also loved Sid's scene with the itching powder. :p

Also--I agree with flackfan_82 about the more 'light' case: I thought it would be too drastic of a contrast between the two cases, but it ended up working out very well.

And to end on a mean note (because I am mean), Lindsay's hair still makes her look like a drum mallet, and I can't believe they put her in that fugly slouchy purple sweater again (she wore it in "Time's Up").

I will now sit back and (not-so-)patiently wait for people on LiveJournal to see if they can get me Adam/Hawkes and Sid/Adam screencaps to make me icons. ;)

14. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Wow...

Nothing is better than Danny angst...Carmine is amazing with his scenes in this ep...poor little Rueben! =[ He was one of the few victims in the CSI shows that i've actually felt like crying when they are killed (not that the other ones arent sad, but i felt like we got to know him a little better than the others...another kudos to the writers of this ep). Danny's interactions with Rueben's mother as he tells her of her son's death and at the church at the end are perfect and heartbreaking...ecspecially when he reaches for her shoulder or hand or whichever it was, and then pulls back. Carmine really knows how to embody Danny Messer, and he never fails to do an amazing and heartbreaking job...

The other case of the episode wasn't bad, not the best in my eyes, but alright. I loved Flack's whole rant about the Laughing Larry products...and his chasing the suspect through the fireworks...and him being squirted by the camera...alright, so i loved him in the whole episode =] Like always, Flack never fails...

I do wish he'd had some interaction with Danny, though. In On the Job he proved to be the one that Danny turned to when times got rough for him, as someone he could depend on. We haven't seen this again, not in RSRD, or in Child's Play. I was hoping for at least one moment between the two...but oh well :rolleyes:

The motive behind the B case didn't convince me much either...i understand it, but i didn't sympathize completely...it seemed to much out of the blue for me, and the acting of the murderer in the case wasn't convincing...but that's IMO.

All together, awesome ep =]

15. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

That episode was fantabulous. Carmine nailed it first as the substitute father, then with his spot-on portrayal of grief. Like Faylinn said, it was very interesting to see him and Ruben's mother grieving at the same time, in the same space, but not together.

Flack as this Spiderman character? Yes, please! The building is about to blow up, but there is no way he was letting that perp get away. And sorry, Larry, there is no way that the murderer at the end was better looking that Flack, Don Flack. Doesn't even hold a candle to him.

Great episode! Too bad there are so few left, this season has been pretty consistently good so far.