CSI: Crime Scene Investigation--'Dog Eat Dog'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Nov 30, 2005.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Synopsis:

The body of a man is found in a dumpster, cause of death unknown. What appears to be blood on his lips turns out to be cranberry sauce. Could the man be a victim of a Thanksgiving celebration gone wrong? Catherine posits that the man was knocked out--she spots silver residue on his cheek and sees scarring on one of his wrists. David Phillips discovers a flier for Aunt Jackpot's pretzels in his pocket. Across town, Sofia Curtis leads Sara and Nick into a suburban house, the site of a grizzly double murder. Michael and Laurie Tinsley lie dead in their living room. Laurie bled out from a wound to her jugular vein while Michael has a nasty wound to his head. Sara notices some of the records are missing from the couple's extensive collection. The CSIs follow a bloody trail and find blood on a dog bowl in the kitchen. Sara discovers a golden retriever with blood on her paws in her dog crate.

Dr. Robbins tells Grissom the man from the dumpster died of asphyxia due to gastric distention--his stomach filled and expanded into his organs. The man literally ate himself to death. Catherine talks to the man working at Aunt Jackpot's pretzel stand, who recalls the man from the dumpster came up to him earlier, frantic for a pretzel. He took one and threw his wallet at the vendor. Catherine looks through the wallet and finds a business card from 'Digger James, Sports Promoter.' Back at the station, Sara questions Missy Halter, Michael Tinsley's girlfriend. She tells Sara that Michael and Laurie were in the middle of a bitter divorce. Laurie had the house, but Michael was afraid she would sell his record collection, so he sent Missy to sneak in and steal several of his most treasured records. He sent Missy so that he would have an alibi if Laurie tried to press charges. Missy asks to see him and is shocked when Sara tells her that both he and Laurie are dead.

In the lab, Hodges goes over the dumpster victim's stomach contents. He tells Catherine that the silver on his face was make up and that his stomach was filled with lots of different kinds of food, including approximately twenty hot dogs, eaten only two to four hours before he died. Gil spots a logo on one of the hot dog remnants. Hodges also recovers an intact flier for the Circus Town Buffet from the partially digested stomach contents. A waitress at the buffet recalls the victim, remembering how he ate directly from the buffet stations until he was kicked out. Hodges turns to the Tinsley case, informing Sara that all the hairs on the Tinsleys were dog hairs from a golden retriever. At the autopsy, Dr. Robbins and David are surprised to discover a bullet in the brain killed Michael. The bullet went straight up Michael's nose and into his brain, leaving neither an entrance nor an exit wound. Sara posits that Michael broke into the house, Laurie shot him and then was attacked by their dog, Kahlua. But where is the gun?

<HR ALIGN="CENTER" SIZE="1" WIDTH="45\%" COLOR="#007BB5">

To read the full reviews, please click here.<center></center>

2. WarricksLady

WarricksLady Lab Technician

I have to agree, it's shame that Hodges gets more airtime that Warrick but I come to expect it.

As for seeing bits about Warrick's home life, I must have missed them because I see nothing taking place other than a few lines thrown here and there.

Heck Warrick is still the only orginial CSI whose home we haven't seem? Now what does that say?

3. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Well, I don't know about the rest of the season, but Gary was in England during the filming of 'Dog Eat Dog' (presenting an award in the National Television Awards), which meant he wasn't available for filming, except for that one brief scene.

4. WarricksLady

I know Gary was in England during the taping of Dog Eat Dog but what is the excuse for the other episodes?

This isn't a new occurs for the Warrick character. He has been thrown into some z-plot basement since Season 3 and it has been getting worse and worse. And the only reason he got any airtime in S5 Finale is due to QT, otherwise he wouldn't have been a blimp on the radar!

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

WarricksLady, you're just assuming about what could have happened in GD.You have no idea if it was just QT who made him have more time on the episode.

6. WarricksLady

Actually I am NOT assuming anything!

7. rgrissom

rgrissom Dead on Arrival

I think Grissom has been getting much less time as well as Warrick since season 3. I liked it better when the original characters were what the show focused on instead of all these added characters in the past few seasons. The only good change is that Grego is getting more time, but I think he was better in the lab because there he was respected more kind of as the 'master of the DNA lab.' Now he seems to get picked on a bit too mcuh by the others.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I dunno WarricksLady, I mean we had a lot of YoBling scenes such as Down The Drain, not to mention the big bomb scene.

Warrick gets lots of the interrogation scenes as well.

What exactly are you looking for with Warrick? He practically had every plot line there was in the first three seasons such as in the pilot, the roller coaster ride with Grissom, supervisory role, helping out kids, he's had the final say in many episode such as the classic, 'Crazy people can make even sane people crazy.'

So what is it you want. It's an emsemble cast and after WP gets his 75 per cent of the pie, there's not much left for the others mind you.

9. Hollis

Hollis CSI Level Two

I agree... but it's given CSI something else to look forward to... I'm always thinking, "How far will they push Greggo today?" :lol: