Episode #611: 'Guerillas in the Mist' **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Re: Episode #611: 'Guerillas in the Mist' **CONTAINS SPOILER

dogbert14,
    Read this quote of part of my 2nd post in this thread:
    Anyone needs me, I'll be updating my location listed under my avatar pic. I still like DC ;) :) :D :cool:...but CSI: Miami has gone sci-fi. :confused: :( :mad:

2. dustymonkey

dustymonkey Dead on Arrival

I'm not complaining. We got to see Valera :) Made it worth it for me.

3. tnemgarf

tnemgarf Victim

i know: he dusted himself after he got out, before appearing as terminator-h haha

4. FedUpWithMiami

FedUpWithMiami Civilian

hahahaha..
    what a complete waste of time.
    Not sure if CSI is now the new millennium version of the A-Team..
    Stargate is more believable than CSi Miami now..
    The sad thing is that CSi New York seems also to be heading the same way as Miami, with more emphasis on 'cool' visuals and toys and scant regard to plot.

5. Leela

Leela Pathologist

Here's something I'd like to add to this discussion. I just posted it over at the Emily board, but I thought it would fit in here, so I'm copying/pasting it:

I know that many people ranted about how exorbitant the whole 'vaporizer' thing was and how ridiculous it was when Horatio got out of the Hummer without a grain of dirt on him... But hey, it`s MIAMI! The show lost its credibility a long time ago (I'd say somewhen during season 4) and everybody who tries to take the science/cases/timelines/etc. still seriously will drive themself into insanity one day!
    Emily herself called CSIM "the comic book version" of CSI, and in another interview she said "We've got a lot of REALLY good looking people, in bathing suits, committing RIDICULOUS crimes. And we solve it - in about 48 minutes!"
    So yeah, even the cast has started to see the show as a parody of itself....
    And when, in the beginning of its demise, I was really bothered by it, I am now amused (I dare not say 'entertained') by all the crazy crap that's happening in each episode.
    And I can only say to everybody who is becoming more and more frustrated: Stop searching for the credibility - there isn't any! It's gone and I don't think there's a chance of it ever coming back! Watch the show for fun, for the glorious Super H, for boobs, for over-the-top action scenes and for your sci-fi entertainment! Giggle about it afterwards, and get back to other TV shows for more ingenious and thought through drama!
    If you can't do that, stop watching - otherwise you'll go insane! ;)

6. Della

Della Police Officer

^^ The thing is there's parody and then there's parody. You honestly can have unbelievable circumstances and balance it out with credible characters that will make it watchable. However, having unbelievable circumstances and unbelievable characters, which, sadly, Horatio has become, just makes it incredibly painful to watch - and I think that's the main gripe people are making.

I don't think anyone who watches/watched CSI Miami from the beginning ever griped about how unrealistic it was, I think they were intelligent enough to know that Miami was a program where you could pick up a bowl of popcorn beforehand, happily munch your way through it and simply enjoy the program - and not be bothered about the logistics or lack of them during each episode.

Now that there is no form of overall teamwork and that there seems to be a lack of those wonderful friendships that had been forged early on, well, I've been looking elsewhere in the program for things to entertain me, and I think this is why CSI Miami is failing drastically now, because there isn't an awful lot left to be entertained by when you take those friendships and the teamwork away.

What's left are ridiculous plots and unbelievable circumstances, and that is why I think CSI Miami is failing now... for me anyways :)

:)

7. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

Comic book version of CSI...

I like that. :lol:

But most comic books are written better then this. :p

"Super H and his Mighty Sunglasses of Justice," and his team
    Bullet Girl, The Wolfman, Gator Boy, and DNA girl. (couldn't think of anything clever for Eric and Natalia)

At least they've all got matching costumes.

Seriously though, it doesn't have to make sense to be entertaining. Miami is a bit over the top, but still fun to watch.

8. thegluups

thegluups Prime Suspect

Super H strikes again!!! Also, don't you think Horatio Caine is getting a bit loose on the trigger ... I mean he didn't even give a warning to the other two guys ... and he's been killing more and more people lately ... I'm not sure that's a good thing ...

9. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah I am still trying to figure out how he took down two guys when all we saw was him shoot one of them!!! And how many bullets are actually in his gun anyway?

I mean the frickin Hummer blew up and he gets out of it w/o a scratch on him and then suddenly appears in front of the world's most dangerous weapon?? Umm...I think I hear the Super Friends calling; maybe he should audition ;)

10. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

I have to admit, that scene made me go "Give me a break!" But I knew what was going to happen next, considering that H is H.

11. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

I sometimes don't even remember the case since I just pay attention to the people and if anything exciting happens like someone dies or something else related to the characters

12. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

The whole Super H thing really irritates the hell out of me. He's gone from the head of a CSI team, occasionally doing lab work himself, he is now out catching the bad guys, doing NO lab work, saving every pretty person in Miami, friend to every pretty child, and jumping in to save the day and kill the bad guy at the end, without a scratch on his body or a blemish on his equally irritating sunglasses.

Yeah, this show has jumped the shark with this episode, big time. Its no secret that although the show can still win its timeslot, its overall ratings are down. All ABC or NBC needs is a good show in the same timeslot and it's all over for CSI:Miami.

This show has been unbelievable, but not to the degree that it was last night. CSI's don't solve crimes in the space of one day, it does take longer for DNA results to come back (ever notice how the results always come in just as the person needing the results walks into the room?), and I'm sure Miami has less than beautiful people committing crimes too, and not in a skimpy bikini either. I'm sure the greater majority of real CSI's don't wear cleavage showing shirts either. But that's minor stuff, at least compared to the vaporizer and Horatio's superhuman survival of the Hummer explosion. Puhleeeze! :mad:

Yeah, I could watch this show as a parody, but that's not how it started out...and you can't change directions like that...going from a serious CSI crime solving show with a little exaggerated flair (the stuff mentioned above), to a virtual parody of such. I for one hope that when the writers strike ends that they replace anyone connected to last night's joke of an episode.

The only bright spot in the episode...the scene between Eric and Calleigh after he had the flashbacks. Other than that, it sucked the big one.

13. GreenEyes

GreenEyes Hit and Run

Thinking more about the whole Horatio escapes the Hummer scene, and talking about it with my husband, I realized that, in my mind, the problem is even more fundamental than Horatio escaping without so much as a scratch or a smudge. The problem is that at the moment I saw this super-weapon fire on the Hummer and the resulting explosion of flames, I fully expected him to emerge unscathed. I remember wondering how he was going to be shown getting away, if they'd show that he'd jumped as he turned the vehicle or what?

It never occurred to me for so much as an instant that Horatio would be harmed in the least.

That's what's wrong even more so than the whole sci-fi-ness of the moment. In no other show I watch would I have had that lack of reaction or emotion. If I were watching CSI, CSI: NY, or Bones and a main character was in a vehicle that blew up, I would have had enough suspension of disbelief going that I would have had that momentary panic for the safety of that character. I would be thinking simultaneously that "they can't kill him off!" and "Maybe he'll get out in time and only be injured but recover." :eek: Heck, even in a sitcom like How I Met Your Mother, while I wouldn't have expected dire consequences, I would have expected the epilogue to show Barney in a hospital bed with all four limbs and both eyebrows in traction, yet still able to make a pass at a nurse. :p

He seems to have sort-of a legalized vigelante thing going lately, I think!

14. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Like everyone else, Horatio coming out of the Hummer without a scratch on him was pretty unbelievable. It just didn't look real. Otherwise, I liked the episode. The best part was Eric and him still being affected by his shooting, I am so glad they are continuing this storyline.

15. calleighismyhero

calleighismyhero Prime Suspect

personally i thought the episode was really good, it might just be me bc i love the characters no matter wat kind of epi it is. I am also a sci-fi fan so.....yea
    lol