Episode #611: 'Guerillas in the Mist' **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Re: Episode #611: 'Guerillas in the Mist' **CONTAINS SPOILER

You're not the only one. During the course of the episode, I was switching back and forth to Miami on A&E. Funny how three minutes of 'Invasion' was more interesting than almost an entire new episode. :rolleyes:

^ I had a bit of trouble following as well. I'm not sure whether it was because I'm just not mature enough to understand the politics of it all or because it wasn't too spectacular to begin with so my attention was elsewhere.

Although I have to admit, my favorite part was Eric's flashbacks. Continuity! I'm oh-so glad he's getting some 'actual' development and I haven't been disappointed yet this season re his various difficulties/challenges.

2. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

^^^ I know, Miami understands the word. NEver thought I'd see the day when they actually followed through with something. Calleigh's dad? Horatio's niece? Alexx still has a family, right?

I doubt it was your lack of understanding that was the issue. Yes, the story was a bit strong, but it was the little things like I mentioned above that distracted me.

I switched channel to something about birds. I learnt a lot. And didn't feel like throwing something at my TV.

3. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

I missed the first fifteen minutes because I was finishing up a Life fic and lost track of time. I remember when I used to set alarms. Man, those were the days.

Whatever, I only watch for my ship now anyway. I find myself sitting there with my laptop, getting some last-minute studying in and only looking up when I hear Calleigh or Eric's voice. Works a lot better this way. I'm less angry!

So yeah, I don't know what happened but I hear the weapon was cool.

4. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

^ The weapon was cool, being able to vaporize someone that's amazing but it is also scary to know there is a weapon that exists can be so dangerous

I thought he would, I kept thinking not again. I was relieved when he wasn't shot, but I felt so bad for him. He is still suffering from the shooting but that's understandable

It was a good episode, and I was also glad to see Frank back in regular clothes. I was also happy to see Calleigh wearing lighter colors, for a while she was wearing a lot of black. She looked beautiful in last night's episode

5. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:devil: :devil:
    Actually, I liked the episode except for the Hummer escape and Facing The Vaporizer. I've been trying to place blame for these Terminator Tactics. Is it the writers, the special effects techs, DC, or a combination? I felt like I was watching a Schwarzenegger movie, and I'm not an Arnie fan. Oh, Horatio, we hardly knew ye! :mad: :mad:

6. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

One thing I forgot in my last post...except for the very sci-fi scene of Horatio getting out of the burning Hummer clean and uninjured this was a pretty good episode. Now about Horatio getting out of the burning Hummer. He should've had ash and soot all over him, cuts and burns and maybe a bruise or two, he should've fell out of that Hummer onto his hands and knees coughing and gasping for air. Did he??? No. He just calmly opened the door and got out like nothing happened. Totally sci-fi. Reminds me of an episode of Mutant X. The episode of Mutant X was called The Meaning of Death. In it there was this guy who was a mutant. He was in a building when it blew up. Thanks to the guy's mutant ability, he walked out of the remains of that building uninjured. At least he did have a little dust, ash and soot on him and his clothes. Now, with the exception of the mutant guy having a little dust, ash and soot on him, doesn't that sound an awful lot like Horatio's miraculously unscathed escape from the burning Hummer???
    I'm still seriously thinking of emailing Corey Miller about this.

7. tnemgarf

tnemgarf Victim

i think the vaporiser first hit the hummer at the back & horatio got out fast so there wasnt any on him [plus he's wearin black so soot/ash kinda invisible], add on that he's mostly so cool && steady

but i love the part where he was getting the location from mike, it looked just like the old horatio with abit of john kelly aggression 'like i give a f*** about good soldiers, just f***in give me the location of the deal'

& still no calleigh/horatio =( but eye candy for horatio lookin lean =)

8. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Not quite. Ash is gray. And another thing: as far as the soot is concerned, he should've had a few large smudges of soot on his face and hands and any other part of his body that wasn't covered by his clothes. Plus, Horatio's red hair should've had a little soot and ash in it. I felt Déjà Vu watching that scene. Like I said in my last post, it reminded me of an episode of Mutant X. But other than the sci-fi inspired scene, it was a good episode.
    2 notes.
    #1...Note to Anthony Zuiker, Ann Donahue, Carol Mendelsohn and all the writers on the show: THIS IS CSI: MIAMI, NOT MUTANT X!!! :mad:
    #2...Note to David Caruso: A little fake blood and some make-up that looks like soot is NOT gonna kill you. May not feel too good but it WON'T kill you. :cool:

9. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Indeed - this comment made me think back to Season 1's 'Tinder Box' where H did have soot marks on his face after the fire in the nightclub. *sigh* Good times.

Geni, if I had been in your shoes, I would have continued watching 'Invasion' on A&E! ;) Here in the UK we get to see 'Burned' tonight. Yelina! Yay! :D

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ I would have if the family hadn't objected! :lol: (Wee! Have fun watching the Yelina scenes tonight. :D)

^^ The comment made me think of 'Tinder Box' as well. (great minds ;)) He was only in the vicinity of the fire for a short time and still managed to get down and dirty. In last night's episode, there were fireballs/shrapnel/bullets coming at him and he walked away unscathed. Ah the days when Miami was just a city and Horatio was just a man. There's no way he should have been so pristine after that. When my car rolled down a bus depot, I was covered with dirt, pavement and glass so I'm assuming when one's vehicle gets pulverized, one gets a little dirty. (Even if the Hummer was moreso damaged near the back when Horatio got out. Shit flies.)

I want whatever H has. The man seems to be made of bubble wrap these days. :lol:

11. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

-Loved Eric's Flashbacks

-Super h Rocked (Step Out Of The Hummer Untouched, with his sunnies)

-Hated Ryan outift

-Glad Eric told Calleigh about his flashbacks

-Umm, Can't remember anything else right now write more later.

12. Marcusanton

Marcusanton Civilian

Well, I used to watch CSI series to find some 'real' life stories and concepts, but it seems that producers abandoned this altogether in favour of sci-fi (sort of) approach. The story leaks like a russian submarine, props are totaly unbelievable and acting went down the drain as well. Just take this 'Vaporizer'. Aye, there is such device, privately funded and now totally forgotten. It's primary mission was to become ship based short range anti-missile point with only advantage - saturate the target area so that chance of disabling incoming missile will be increased. Using it as a personal assault weapon is as ridiculous as having your personal 120mm smoothbore tank cannon.

And the concept of vaporing someone out is not only ridiculous in 'real' life mechanics of CSI shows, it is even ridiculous in sci-fi as no decent sci-fi show would use such crap. It takes a lot more energy to vaporize a human body than several hundred bullets...

Oh well, I never though I will stop watching a show just after one bad episode but this looks a promising start. I am 9/10 decided to drop this - there is so many other decent shows whose producers understand what the viewers want.

13. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

If you watcg CSI: Miami for realism, then don't watch it at all.

14. laneangel

laneangel Victim

I totally agree with you bout the lack of reality of H getting scar free of a burning hummer but from what i read 200 bullets on high velocity projected with electricity can vaporize your body a single bullet can break a bone try 200 !!! they were remains but not much

15. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Well I just got done watching the ep...did CSI Miami cross over with X-Files and I missed it? That was one of the oddest eps I've ever seen, though I'm not saying I hated it, just thought that it was very interesting. One of those you have to see it to believe it.

So cute how Ryan's shirt matched Frank's tie! Also good to see Frank back on homicide detail.

Good to know that there is a supposed gun out there that could take out three people in less than 5 mintues. And can blow up a Hummer and the occupant comes out without a scratch....when did H really become super human?!

I wish H would have just let Ryan kick the jerky guy's butt, would have been nice....perhaps Ryan's shirt would get ripped off. But no H has to step in...rawr let Ryan fight his own battles!

Delko and the flash backs, good touch. Shows he's going to be forever affected with this and could possibly have an effect on his job.

Over all I liked it, lots of science and crime scene focus, good to see that going back to the old ways isn't too hard. I give it an 8/10.