"Lying Down with Dogs" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Dec 8, 2007.

1. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Naah, I don't think Sara will take the case, if she does. She will be tick off and Grissom probably won't understand why she act that way towards animals. Remember the Gorilla episode, Grissom told Sara to forget about the animal or something, I can't remember what Grissom said to her and she got mad at him. I know Jorja was in the animals right.

I love animals but I do not like what people treat animals like that and teach them to fight other animals and they think it funny and it was cruel to that to them.

2. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

Watching the football games yesterday, I caught a couple of different previews for this episode. In one, there was a shot of what looked like Grissom walking out of an interrogation room. Could this be where Warrick makes the crack about "knowing why Sara left"?

3. volfirefighter

volfirefighter Civilian

I wonder if it is a coincidence that this episode is airing in the same week that Michael Vick is going to be sentenced?

4. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

I think the fact that it's airing at the same time as Vick's sentencing is pure coincidence but it's definitely NOT coincidence that there's a story about dog fighting. Vick was all over the news all summer long and the writers have always used real life incidents and cases as inspiration. Two other episodes that immediately come to mind are After The Show and Anatomy Of A Lye. I know there are other examples but my memory ain't what it used to be.

5. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

I am pretty sure that people are just speculating that he would say that. I dont think there was ever any spoilers about that being said.

6. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

There actually are, and I think that it'll be interesting to see how Gil handles things with Warrick.

7. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

I found a promo on YouTube click!

So excited about this one :D

8. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

Thanks for that preview, I'm really looking forward to the second part of this storyline...considering how they left off last week I'm really anxious.

Dog fighting. I'll probably be cringing the whole time. Been terrorized by dogs too many times.

Were we supposed to get Doc's band last week? It wasn't there. This is gonna be too funny, I really wanna see it. ;)

9. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

No, Doc's band is in this one, I heard.

I hope there's more Cath in this ep then last week's...

10. Dementia

Dementia Dead on Arrival

Maybe, maybe not. It almost seems "ripped from the headlines," but there isn't a lot of attention paid to dog fighting anyway. Vick's case certainly brought that to the media forefront (in part because he's a player in the NFL being charged with this crime and, as of tonight, has been sentenced to nearly a year in jail), but how long will it stay an issue?

In any case, I'm looking forward to the episode. I'm going to miss next week's because I'll be out of town for the holidays. Is it possible that the episode will be on YouTube, albeit in bits and pieces?

11. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

I am very upset about warrick, i thought they were writing warrick as the rock of the group as grissom once said. I am bummed out warrick is now on pills and now a suspect, i like warrick when he is on his game, mr.smooth, mr.confident. I don't like seeing warrick as a junkie, I am sad. I hope he rebounds soon.

12. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I'm with you, jimmyolsenblues about Warrick, I'm upset with him about use drug and alcohol, because he is upset about his ex-wife and Sara is gone. I know Grissom did said, Warrick is the rock of the group, but Grissom got the wrong man, Warrick isn't the rock of the teams, it Nick is the rock of the teams, he hold them together as a teams. Everybody know Nick is the rock of the teams, but the writers don't want to go that way.

I thought Grissom will take his self off the case and give it to Nick, because Nick is going to step up. I got a feeling that Grissom is give up on Warrick or fed up with him or could be either way and he want Nick to step up to help Warrick to go cold turkey on drugs or something. I guess they probably take it off or won't show it.

Dementia, it repeat next week when you gone. This episode is the last one 'till Jan. 10 when the new CSI come back and I hope the writer's strike will be over before Christmas.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree with NicknGrissom I think Nick is probably the rock now, maybe Grissom made a bad call :(, it's for sure, After all Nick has been though more than Warrick, being buried alive, and he didn't turn to addictions, and stayed strong, he had a few nasty flashbacks,[bugs crawling on him] and other sickening memories, also he's been threatend twice by psychos, in different eps. but is a rock and didn't go off the wrong path! I do hope Warrick pulls himself out of this muck and mire that is bogging him down :(

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well Grissom (as much as I love him) has always underestimated Nick. He's got this static view of him as being a apple-pie, jock, scientist wannabe guy. Nick didn't help matters in the beginning because he was far too eager to please Grissom-and Grissom isn't someone who likes it when people try to ingratiate themselves to him-hence Hodges.

I also think that Grissom sort of admired Warrick for his slick, cool guy demeanor-but now he see sees what that Mr. Cool (and I love Warrick too so I'm not saying this to put him down, Warrick is an awesome character)has allowed his demons to overtake him.

I really want to see Nick become the rock of the team. He's not that eager beaver anymore, that guy kind of disappeared after season four and with the near tragedy in season five, Nick as a character has shown probably the most growth of all the characters. No matter how bad things got for him, he never ran away from his career, he used his experiences to make him an even better CSI.

I'm rambling, much apolgies.

15. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

^Yeah, I think that more recent seasons, Nick's been the leader the younger CSIs, especially after Redrum.

Of course, Gil really doesn't seem to be paying much attention of late, anyhow. I almost hope between this and Sara's leaving, he'll be acting more like his old self again, like in the earlier seasons.