Last Photographer Standing #2 - Final Results Now Up!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueCurl, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Re: Last Photographer Standing #2

Time for a study break, I think.

BlueCurl, I hope you're feeling better :(
    wibble, thank you for stepping in, and I'm sorry that it came to that.
    Everyone, great photos! This is really, really hard.

LPS:
    03: I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at here. Maybe zooming in on it a bit would help.

07: Cool idea here, but it's lacking something. Contrast, I think. Also, I find the room in the background to be distracting. Perhaps setting it up against a darker coloured wall (or some kind of backdrop, a blanked maybe) would help.

04: This is a great photo. The colours are fantastic. But I think it's too cluttered, and I can only see one object clearly. I think maybe zooming out would help on this one.

Favorites:
    02: Love the concept here. Colour turned out great as well.
    08: Well first, ew :lol: but nice pic!
    01: I don't know why, but I'm just drawn to this photo. It just feels like it works.

2. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Again, tough choice because there are great shots, even if its dealing with garbage.

03 - Great idea in general, but couldn't really see the theme of the challenge in this photo. Had you focused in more, zooming it, it would have worked.

04 - Like DD said, great photo, but too cluttered and many of the objects are not in focus, losing the effectiveness of the picture. The color is great as well.

07 - Perhaps its the busyness of the background, or the fact there is not a lot of contrast and color, I dunno, but it didn't do it for me. Perhaps, again, like DD said "setting it up against a darker colored wall" would have worked...or randomly laid the subject, on the floor in a pile like form, it may have worked better.

OVERALL

08 - definitely true to the term, garbage. :) Great color too.

01 - a positive way to photograph garbage...by recycling!

02 - Interesting shot!

3. Patricia

Patricia Lab Technician

LPS:

03-It's hard to distinguish anything; I wish it would've been a closer shot 'cause it's a cool idea

05-I think something is missing, like adding some other stuff so it wouldn't have that much "free space"

04- I think the shot was taken too close, I like the colors but a lot of the pic is blurry

General:

4. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

This hard time again. Good work everyone :)

LPS:

03. We can't really see the garbage clearly, the green stands out too much comparing to what we should be looking at, I think. Zoom in would have been a good idea.

05. I'd say the picture it's too empty, there's too much white space around the garbage.

07. Nice idea but I don't think the background really fits, and it takes attention away from the garbage itself.

My favorites:

02. Wow! Amazing photo, the idea, colouring...Who would think garbage could look this cool?! ;)

04. Precisely using an argument that has been mentioned, just the other way around. I think the zoom in this photo worked pretty well, giving a different kind of shot, somehow more artistic to my eyes.

08. Really nice as well and the theme is really clear in it. The colours like orange and pink in the middle of the garbage gave some life to the photo.

5. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Something went wrong with sending in a photo from one contestant and ONE PHOTO IS ADDED! Be sure to look again if you have already voted!

#10 is added and #10 became #11. So be sure to look at that photo and adjust your votes if needed!

6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

LPS:

3. I had trouble finding the focus of the picture, and the garbage is too far in the background when it should really be more in the foreground.

2. I found this very distracting and I had problems focusing on it.

4. I found the pic a little too blurry.

Favorites:

1. I love this. It's so simple and I think that's what makes it so good.

8. Love the contrasting colors in this. They look good together.

9. Another one that's really simple yet really effective. Cool job.

7. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

LPS
    03. As said before, zooming in would have been a better idea.
    07. I think the background's too busy. Also, laying them on a pile instead of making a tower would've been better maybe.
    09. In contrast to other votes, this one's too blurry for my taste. (Or else I need glasses :rolleyes:)

Favorites:

8. Bev

Bev Pathologist

Good work everyone. This was a difficult challenge.

LPS:

3. There's no central image. Its too random. Are we looking at the grass in front or the garbage behind?

2. Great idea, but its too busy. I can't figure out what is the central image.

9. The focus is off. The squishy part of the fruit is blurry.

Favorites:

10. Great idea. I love it. Nicely focused and centered.

1. I like the sharpness of this image. Good job.

8. Now, that's garbage. Good job!

9. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Very hard to choose.

#2 - Great concept. Hard to figure out what the focus is, also the red marker/pen is distracting. Perhaps try zooming in on a small portion.

#3 - I like the over all feel, but hard to pick out the focus of the photo. Zooming in or moving closer would have helped focus more.

#8 - Once again liking the concept. Hard to tell if the focus is the newspaper or what is on it. Zooming in or movingcloser would clear that right up.

Overall:

10. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Lots of differing opinions here.

LPS
    3- I can't really see the picture, maybe zoom in, or give us a larger image to see, get as close to the 600X480pix to give us the full benefit of your picture. Close in on one part of the trash.

4- It would be better if the focus was on the label rather than the out date

8- I would vote for this to be good but it looks slightly blurry to me. I like the colors, maybe use a tripod next time.

best

11. loki

loki Lab Technician

LPS:
    3- I don't see the focus of this photo
    9- I think the blurriness in the foreground is distracting
    7- This is a cool idea, but I think maybe the background is taking away from the photo.

OVERALL:
    1- This is a nice pic and represents the theme well. I like the simpleness.
    4- I actually really like this picture.
    6- I like the colors of the subject. It looks kinda washed out. Pretty cool looking.

Nice job guys :)

12. Charity

Charity Police Officer

LPS:
    3- the focus of the photo is unclear to me
    9- the focal point of the photo is too blurry for me
    7- I kept looking in the background instead of at the garbage

Overall:

13. Missing

Missing Pathologist

LPS

7 -- the background takes away from the main focus of the garbage part, maybe done against a wall would have helped

3 --would have been better if you would have went in closer, like the top part of the pic where it seems most of the garbage is.

4 --Focus is off for most of the picture. Would have gotten a little farther back to include & focus more of the garbage--looks like there were alot of nice colors there.

All:

2 -at first glance I thought it was a quilt and was impressed at how you displayed the photos out

1 -like the composition of the picture

8 -the colors get your eye and then you realize its disgusting

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

LPS:
    3-Image forcus is too distant. Definitely zooming in would have helped.
    7- I think a better setting for the main focus would have made the photo more interesting.
    8-The colors are nice but I think it could have used better focus, been sharper.

Faves

15. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Alrighty! 13 votes already. Need some more! But we are heading into the right direction!