Grissom & Sara #11 - WE know what to do about "This"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Oh yeah... I love when he tells asks what she likes, and she looks right at him and says "I don't like anything." If you want to read into it, you could say she was trying to throw him off-balance about her affection towards him. :) Then again, I read too much into things. :)

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

:lol: :lol: :lol: I know I was like talking to the TV going "I'm interested in you-ya' big sap" get a clue"looking right at him-wonder what he would have said or done- if she had of said something to that effect :devil:

3. AR_WLPfan

AR_WLPfan Hit and Run

Yeah, I always interpreted it as "I like you and unless you are going to do something about it leave me alone."

4. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

One thing I don't get:

SPOILER SPACE
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Why Grissom acted like his father's death is traumatic?

Who doesn't have that moment?....watching your own family member dies?.....I watched my grandparents died and they weren't traumatic......I think Grissom overreacted for 40 years. And it affected his whole life-----If his father didn't dropped dead on the couch, he wouldn't be interested in death, he wouldn't become a entomologist......he wouldn't met Sara....sometimes it's destiny, that's how we live.

For now I don't think Grissom's "robot" any more....contray to it, he's even more sensitive than ordinary people, he pretened his robot appearance just because he has sth to hide......

Grissom's childhood maybe lonely, but not that trumatic.

But homocide is different, that's why I always think Sara is much tougher and stronger than him.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I was a little depressed with the clip from Still Life(didnt like the idea) so I went reading the Christmas fanfic story from Laura Cathrine.
    It certainly lifted my spirits up!
    and Forensicsgirl I love your Christmas banner :)
    >goes to dld "hot stuff" music video

6. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Firstly guys, can we not discuss "the clip" in here - its against the rules regarding Intellectual Property.

The spoilers, however, are fair game...

SPOILERS
    >
    >

>
    >
    >
    >
    ancienttomb, the impression I get from the spoilers is that Grissom isn't acting like his fathers death was hugely traumatic - I mean, I'm sure it was for him at the time, as would it be for any child who's parent had died, but it doesn't seem to be haunting him or affecting him in any huge way. I think the only part that may still bother him a little was that he was never told 'why' it happened - this might mean cause of death, or it might mean something else.

Certainly I think the event contributed towards him following the path he chose (as I said before, it reminds me of the Dr Kay Scarpetta character from the Cornwell novels - her father died when she was 12, leaving this voic in her life, which she filled by studying the dead) I don't think, however, that Grissom's fathers death would have had as big an affect on him as the aftermath of the event would have... (see my earlier post regarding how learning a pattern of behavior from his mother may have affected him...)

But to get back to the earlier point, I truly don't think that Grissom is revealing this hugely traumatic thing - he's simply remembering, thinking out loud, a memory that is triggered by the circumstances of the case he's working on. ITs not a traumatic revelation in the way that ND was with Sara. It's just a small piece of the puzzle that is Grissom...

7. greenfieldcsi

greenfieldcsi CSI Level Two

SPOILERS

I must say i agree!It doesn´t seem to affect him much. I mean it´s not like sara who always got really emotional about cases with domestic abuse...grissom doesn´t seem to be that affected by it.I mean i think it might be one of the reasons he is who he is(one of the many reasons)but it doesn´t seem to bother him.

8. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

Hey guys, temporarily coming out of lurk mode again...I don't know what to make of the recent spoilers,
    >
    >
    >
    >
    but I try to look at everything in terms of TPTB's rating strategy, and I think they might be strengthening the bond between Grissom and Catherine as friends, so as to throw viewers who like that couple a bone, so to say. If Grissom is already with Sara, or if they will come together this season, "in a couple of episodes" as the wonderful Jorja put it, a fair share of people might be disappointed. So, I think TPTB might be avoiding "all Sara, all the time" for Grissom, and giving him personal screentime with other characters...

I am also infinitely hopeful as usual, that although Mystery said she doesn't know any GSR scenes in the episode (and I believe she doesn't), there might be a hidden small scene in there as a Christmas gift from Rambo to us.

Forensicsgirl I LOVE your banner by the way. Amazing that you can do all this stuff in Paint...

9. Leannethemouse

Leannethemouse CSI Level Three

heya guys, I have had the worst day of my life, I have just found out that one of my main ships ( other than GSR ) has crashed and burned, :( but I come here and read that everything is good in GSR,and it makes me smile, I mean GSR was - is, my first ship and always will be the best for me. I'm off to read through a few pages, as I have missed soo much - and I will go and catch up with spoilers :D.

10. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

aw, leanne you poor thing. come here [​IMG] Don't worry, GSR is alive and well and coming to a TV screen near you sometime soon. Remember:

[​IMG]

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I agree with what Grissly said in a way - it would look a little one-sided if he and Sara were suddenly secret-sharing constantly. Catherine has always been the person Grissom has felt most comfortable talking to, and besides - we don't know that he hasn't already said this to Sara.

At any rate, we can make up our minds when the episode airs. We don't really know the context of the spoiler and we also don't know if we have any GSR coming our way. I have to say... in the Year of Grissom right before X-mas break, to have a Rambo episode and not throw in a little GSR would be a shame. I mean, even 4x4 he managed to stick some in.

12. greenfieldcsi

Yeah, i think it wouldn´t be fair if we didn´t get gsr!(i´ll just keep my fingers crossed!)
    Please you guys, as soon as the ep finishes come and tell us what happened!(whether there was gsr or not!)

13. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Okay, okay, I know I should be writing the Christmas fic I promised you all, but I couldn't resist doing a Christmas comic strip first. It's ultimately GSR, but there's something for *almost* every Sara ship

Sara's Christmas Cheer

Enjoy :D :devil:

14. greenfieldcsi

Okay, those were great!!!I liked the part where grissom and sara were under the mistletoe,if that really happened, maybe it could lead to other things....(lots of gutterly thoughts...)

15. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Forensicsgirl, I can't get the Christmas comic strip to work for me. :eek:

Don't worry everyone, I will pop in and give spoilers on Still Life in between commercial breaks. I am still very excited about the episode. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.