What the Writers' Strike Means to CSI: NY

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 3, 2007.

1. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

I think this is a pretty cool idea, though I liked to see they also have a plan where those pencils will go to after (if) the strike has settled. To schools and kindergartens and so on I really would like to see.

As for supporting the writers as fans... I hope that makes the suits also finally see that we DO be able to make an impact. :D

2. Kam

Kam Hit and Run

3. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

This strike is horrible. I hope its over soon because we are really going to miss our favorite shows once their newest episodes run out and we have to watch re-runs.

Its times like this that I just want to want a script and send it in :lol:

The pencil campaign sounds interesting, Ill check it out.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I do hope the strike ends soon--there are a lot of people with no jobs to go to, and it would be nice if it's over sooner rather than later. With the holidays coming up, I definitely think it would be great news to learn that it's winding down. :)

5. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

I don’t know if someone has said this already, I haven’t really been coming to the site recently so if someone already posted this I apologize. But I was on another CSI: NY site today and their layout is the new CSI: NY promo for the 4th season. You know the one where their all having lunch together, and it got me thinkin if the writers strike isn’t resolved then we may not find out what some of the secret/clues in the picture mean. Like Flack holding his gun, Hawkes shinning a flashlight on Flack gun, Lindsay being the only on barefoot etc… I just feel that will suck. Does anyone know where we stand on the writers strike?? If the writers will still be writing shows about the promo pic or will all that be swept under the rug. I hope not, I was really hoping for a good Flack episode this season. He’s one of the best characters and has only had one episode about him and that wasn’t even entirely about him. Well just something I thought of. Again I apologize if someone already brought this up.

6. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

I really hope the strike is resolved. Because they made a little game for us with the picture and we figured it out, so i wanna see what our reward is!!! lol
    I would also love to see a good Flack episode this season, one about him, not a side story but one with mainly him... well i guess it would have to e a side story... lol

7. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

I agree with you guys, I think we need a good Flack centric episode. And I'm going to say something that I'll probably be hated for... but I am getting sick of Danny Centric episodes. I love Danny, he's great, really. But I'm just getting tired of Danny centered episodes. Maybe push him to the side and hive another character a chance(Hawkes, Flack, even Adam).

Now on the writers strike.. I really hope it's resolved soon, I want more than 14 CSI: NY episodes. And I hate to see other people losing their jobs over this. And I'm really missing the Colbert Report, SNL, The Daily show... etc But I don't want to ever be saying I'm missing CSI: NY, until may!

You know what I read David Letterman is going to do, I read that he is going to pay his staff out of his pocket over the holidays if the writers strike is not resolved by then. What a nice guy! Oh and I also read that 90% of the SNL staff got fired, it wasn't confirmed that it was 90%... but I do know that a lot of staff got fired.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

So we won't be missing out on storylines because there won't be any--I know Zuiker hinted at it before, but he's apparently saying something different now. So Flack holding the gun just represents Flack holding a gun.

Oh, you won't be hated for saying that. A lot of people agree with you. ;)

As for the strike, I'm really curious about what's going on in the negotiations, but they're keeping it all under wraps, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

To each their own, but Danny has been pushed to the side for a season and a half. I think it's about time they rectified that because he really is one of the more interesting characters on the show. His drama episodes also seem to get good ratings as well.

What Fay said about the pic. I wish there was more to Flack wiping his gun down because that seemed really interesting to me! I still love that pic. :D

I hope the strike ends soon--on Monday there were some promising rumors, but those seem to have given way to less optimistic news. :( I hope a resolution is reached soon...

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Just read the latest on the strike. It ain't lookin' good, folks. :(

From MSNBC.com

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

That's really bad news. :(

I've been to CBS Radford to picket a couple of times, and I know the writers found the last deal offered (which amounted to $250/year to each writer for shows rerun on the internet) really ridiculous.

I did a short article on the NY writers and took a pic, which will hopefully show up at some point--I'm waiting for tech help on that one.

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I don't blame them. I don't know much about the situation, but just from the little I've read I think that offer is really insulting.

13. LateToTheGame

LateToTheGame Hit and Run

Check out the latest "Foxtrot" cartoon. FoxTrot

It just seemed appropriate for this topic.

14. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

so how many episodes do you think there will be. I just can't imagine this strike going on for months. someody will have to give in before then.

15. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I can see it lasting longer(even though I hope it doesn't) only because the last time they were on strike in 88' that lasted 6 months, but anything is possible.