Weird Question!

Discussion in 'Forensic Science' started by Grissom, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Grissom

Grissom Dead on Arrival

do real CSI carry guns? in america of course, they don't in the uk, they are pethetic with the silly looking white boiler suits and BLUE!! glove, i think you should be aloud to wear whatever you want aslong it is in within reason, my apologies they cary CS :rolleyes:

2. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

well actually here in Holland the CSI's wear the white suits and stuff because they can't ruin the scene even more. The reason we see the CSI's on tv wearing their own cloaths is because its just not attractive to see them in white jumpsuits, hats, mouth caps and gloves all the time..

3. Grissom

Grissom Dead on Arrival

have you ever watched that tv show on tv called forensic investigations its on discovery channel all of the time, they do wear coveralls,faces vials etc... all they waer is gloves

4. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Haven't seen it. But I have seen realtime CSI's working crime scenes here in Holland and they wear the white coveralls and stuff all the time. The last time I saw them they worked a murder scene in my home town about 15 mins away from here. They were all white..
    And I ddin't see a gun on them either. Maybe rules and regulations vary from country to country? I don't know..

5. Grissom

Grissom Dead on Arrival

i think they do SaraSidle_girl i know in Las Vegas yopu can carry a gun if you like, i researched this for a while about 1 year and i emailed loads of crime labs and so said yes some said no some said if you like some said you even have to (las vegas,los angelies)

6. Grissom

Grissom Dead on Arrival

i have also just found out that real CSI wear the same vests as what the TV characters wear (see image) thne image is form the offical website [image]http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=csikf1.png[/image]

7. allmaple

allmaple Judge

this is more of a forensics question so i will send it to that forum for you ;)

8. major_csi_fan

major_csi_fan Witness

I agree in real life forensics they would have to wear white suits to avoid contaminating eveidence but occiasally in csi u c them wear the suits but they mostly wear there own clothes even thought they couldn't in real life

9. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

In Canada they wear the coveralls, gloves and I believe the face mask when collecting evidence, and the lab coats, gloves and mask when in the lab.
    Even though the CSIs in the show aren't forced to wear the coveralls, it would nice if they were a bit more accurate and didn't put the ladies in nice three inch heals. That's just not practicle!

10. thegluups

thegluups Prime Suspect

About guns, in real life, CSI ( or their various counterparts in EUrope) aren't sworn police officers, I mean, they are not allowed to arrest people, and don't have the right to carry a gun either ...

11. SandleGal212

SandleGal212 Dead on Arrival

Technically, anyone in America has the right to carry a gun, but the right to use it, however, is a different matter. Especially for duties reserved for police officers.
    I do agree though.... The heels have got to go. :p But really, would you want to watch CSI as much if they all wore the same jumpsuit for every episode? It's drama, not reality. :)

~Lauren~