"Cockroaches" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 30, 2007.

1. labrat4u

labrat4u Victim

I did'nt like seeing Warrick on pills or with another woman, but I am glad to see him on the front storyline for a change. I hope to see more of his fine self. I was having hot flashes just watching that sexy body of his, Way to go Warrick, make my day. ;)

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

*WHISTLES* I have something to say, if it pertains to you, you will know it. If it doesn't read it anyway for memory. ;)

Double posting: Please remember that it is not allowed, double posting otherwise known as back to back posting, can and is considered spam, you have 24 hrs to edit your post if no one has posted after you, to add in anything you need to.
    CAPS <-- please disengage your cap lock, its considered rude and it hurts the eyes.

Opinions: How many times and ways do we have to say this, Good or bad Everyone is entitled to their opinions and to disagree with the opinions, your not entitled to attack someone for having the opinion. Telling someone to "not watch the show if they don't like something" or "leave the forum" that is actually rude and will not be tolerated.
    Also add substance just saying "I hate/love this ep" does not say a lot, tell us they why.

Ships: Okay the mention of Sara's name does not a GSR moment make. No where in this ep was there a ship moment lets keep in mind about speculation on ships, if they are not apart of the episode then they belong in the threads in shipper central.

Untacking: I am untacking this thread please feel free to discuss the episode.

*Lost the Fuzzy moment, have it back now* Thank you, carry on.

3. Dementia

Dementia Dead on Arrival

Sorry, hon. Just realized I did it. :(

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Thank you, just keep it in mind for future reference. ;)
    Not to mention you weren't the only one I was referring to. :p

5. Dementia

Dementia Dead on Arrival

I know, but thanks anyway.

Alright, back to the discussion. :)

6. Charity

Charity Police Officer

Wow so many opinions for one little episode. Since Warrick is my fave character I was glad to see him featured, but I have to admit I've got to watch again to make 100% sense of the epi. As mentioned before it was a lot like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, which I didn't care for, and likewise this overall wasn't one of my fave eps. I'm not going to go bashing any actors or directors because it wasn't my cup of tea though.

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I'm a little bit confused about what happened after Warrick left the club in the taxi, how much was real and how much were hallucinations.
    I guess they gave him some kind of drug and with the pills and the alcohol, he couldn't tell what was real and what not.
    And how is that if he was going home, then following the girl, he ended up in the club's lot again?

I think Grissom got a most recent and traumatic rupture than Warrick and he should be the one off the tracks but he's like cold ice and it's nice they focused on Warrick for a change, even when it's always about his adictions, first gambling and now pills.

The scene when Nick threw Warrick's pills, they were mad at each other for a minisecond and then, let's go to work, ok...Come on !!!

I liked the episode, it was thrilling, I'm looking forward to the next episode, I guess Grissom will help Warrick as he did when he had gambling problems.

8. stephanie

stephanie Victim

How may CSI's are going to be accused of killing a hoker/stripper?

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Hormiga, I figured that Warrick went back to the club to pick up his car. But like you, I found it all a little confusing.

I'm not sure if I enjoyed this episode, I don't think I did. Yes, when they try things with different directors you get a different feel to it, and I think this episode clearly had a different feel to it, which didn't work for me. It's not just the directing though, because the storyline and actual characterisation in the episode was unexpected too.

My first issue with the episode was with Warrick arguing with Tina, who has apparently got herself pregnant by another man. :rolleyes: Their previous marital problems seemed to stem from Warrick working all hours and never being home, and yet they are acrimoniously divorcing with Tina pregnant by another man. Confused much?

She has obviously driven him to drink, drugs and gambling (or at least that is presumably what we are meant to think, because god forbid one of our favourite characters could be flawed by his own volition). Nick tries to help, and with what could have been a really powerful scene, they both just seem OK again? I was expecting more of a fight, or at least squaring up to each other...

The actual episode itself was a bit odd, it started with one thing, the death of Jason Crewes, but very quickly that was forgotten and Warrick was hell bent on catching some mob guy. The one part that actually made me smile in a good way was Grissom turning up at the club. :lol:

As for Candy/Joanna. I didn't really notice any spark between them. Am I to assume he was simply paying for her company? And that she was not only a stripper but willing to offer sex for money? Because otherwise their interaction made no sense to me. She didn't give him any real information about the club, and seemed a little suspicious of him, he was acting strangely after all, yet she doesn't seem to be too concerned with going to a hotel room with him. :rolleyes: Weirdness throughout this episode. Nick never paid to spend the night with Kristy, but if Warrick did to spend the night with Candy then as solicitation is illegal in Las Vegas (I assume) he should rightly lose his job? Of course, more likely will be Warrick taking some 'time off' to deal with his problems before coming back as if nothing was ever really wrong. :rolleyes: :lol:

10. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

I really really liked it. I was worried it'd be too much character, and not enough story, but thankfully it wasn't! Both things where tied in very nicely, and I liked troubled Warrick, I think it's good for his character, which had become rather faded imo. This was a real boost!

It's a good sign when an episode ends, and you swear it'd only been on for about 20 minutes! It flew by.

I loved how stylized it was, I loved the colours, I loved the freaky almost psychedelic scenes after the club, I loved the nod to the 80's, I loved the chase at the start too, very Mr Friedkin like, there's a surprise ;)

Oh and I liked Angry Griss, reminded me a bit of Grissom in season 1.

Mr Friedkin is quite the director, he's in his 70's now - and directs with a real energy and freshness. I'm just greatful that he took up Billy Petersen's invitation to work on CSI, it was a treat to have an episode of my favourite show directed by such a man.

11. byline

byline CSI Level One

Actually, I seem to remember back to when they actually showed Tina that there was some jealousy on Warrick's part because she was hanging out a wee bit much with a doctor (? not sure about the exact details). At any rate, as I recall, they were both spending too much time at work, though Tina seemed to be taking it out on Warrick on that specific point. And then there was the added problem of her possibly being unfaithful to him. It's just that it's been a long time since any of this was brought up on-camera. But I wasn't altogether surprised that Tina was pregnant by another man, given what we had seen/heard that had transpired before in their relationship.

12. dirtylabrat

dirtylabrat Police Officer

Everyone but Eklie... there's not enough eye bleach in the world. :lol:

13. dirtylabrat

dirtylabrat Police Officer

Are you sure that she is pregnant by another man, and it's just not Warrick's jealousy destroying his marriage?

14. ejacksonian

ejacksonian Hit and Run

Didn't like this one. Too much drama. Felt like GD was doing a GS.

15. byline

byline CSI Level One

True, all we know so far is what we heard him say on the phone to Tina.