"Cockroaches" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

He mentioned it to Catherine in the 802 ep "A La Cart"
    Warrick: One minute we're married, and the next ...
    Catherine: You know what? Good for you. Divorces should be like Band-Aids, one quick yank and done.

2. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Ya that guy was the doctor in the CSI Miami-New York crossover I believe, he was also in the movie Cellular, I'm not sure what his name is though.

3. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Ooh, good point. That "backward" freeway chase from TLIDILA is definitely up on my top 3 list of alltime movie chases, and contending for #1...

Friedkin got great performances out of everybody. Even if some of the peripherals were a little dodgy, all in all it was powerful and well-acted. I agree there were more actual forensics in "You Kill Me", but with a show like this, you're NOT gonna please all the people all the time. Not gonna happen, Cap'n. :cool: I remember the online kavetch-fests during the "X-Files" run. Folks, the debate over here is mild, trust me! :lol:

4. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Ya Friedkin has become one of my favorite directors, and my hopes were set high for this one, and they met them. Another thing about Friedkin, is he seems to like to end his movies (now shows) with killing someone off. To Live and Die in L.A., Bug, and you could say the same thing for Blue Chips. Wasn't suprised to see that stripper dead too.

5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

If you go to the very first post in this thread where the credits are listed, you'll find that Michael Raykirk was played by Rick Hoffman - including an episode of CSI:Miami & CSI:NY. He's been in quite a lot of different things. I know him best as Terry in the short-lived law series "Philly" from about five years ago with Kim Delaney, Kyle Secor & James Denton. He's not listed for this episode in imdb.

6. idahomom

idahomom Hit and Run

I rewatched it this morning (too many holiday parties this month). I really liked the cinematography. It wasn't a typical CSI (fits that 25% of episodes that make you go huh?)

I really liked the blood pool from the guys head at the beginning and then finding the body. I also realized how much was shot on location...I wonder what they used for strip club b/c they shot A LOT of scenes in the parking lot.

I was wrong...we did get on lab rat Archie scene...so fast I almost missed it.

7. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Wow a lot of posts popped up overnight.

Haven't read all of them, so sorry if my opinions of the show are a little repetitive (although even if I had read all teh posts, I'm sure they still would be).

I liked how they also left any GSR out of the episode. First one in forever, and it was quite refreshing. The thing with Warrick bringing up Sara would have been more effective if they showed more scenes with the two together. I mean, how can you feel disconnected if a team member who you barely talk to leaves? Although I can understand feeling disconnected when your boss, someone you usually have a pretty fair relationship, kind of shrugs you off to go hang with his girlfriend. But getting off topic.

The scene with Warrick and the dancer WAS trippy, nice way of putting it.

Totally didn't notice the scene with Archie in it. Or the one where Warrick talked about Tina cheating on him or having someone else's baby. Thank god my friend recappd me.

Didn't like how Catheirne was there in the beginning then kind of faded off. But I did like the scene with Nick confronting Warrick. Kind of reminds you of their friendship they had in previous seasons, and it's good that the writers remember that since other things seem to slip their mind.

Well, that's all I've got to say... Not a bad ep.

8. GreenEyes

GreenEyes Hit and Run

Bless you! :) I hate it when little insignifigant things like this but you until you figure it out.

The dumb thing is that I did look up Rick Hoffman on IMDB last night after replaying the credits, but only looked at one photo. From the photo I looked at, I was sure it wasn't the same guy. Now that I look at another one I see that it is!

9. 1_LaDy_RoSe_1

1_LaDy_RoSe_1 Police Officer

for me this has got to be THE worst episode of csi ever, maybe I'm over exaggerating but i was so disappointed! the storyline was unclear... and i think they should have worked up to Warrick's drug habit over a couple more episodes so it wasn't so sudden and sort of out of the blue. Nick's little 'tough love' act was awkward -he threw his pills on the floor but it didnt really seem like he knew what was going on, he could have tried coming from a sympathetic angle first!?! and i was just so DISGUSTED ..yuck...ewww when warrick was getting a lap dance and wouldnt stop coming on to that hooker chick ...i was just like who is this guy... character develepment not making sense... and how did he get so hung up on tina, they were only married for a couple months...like get over her already!!
    i blame the writers strike... it's like they just found some random new person to write it instead...
    ...but the greg and superdave bits were still good... and i still love csi its not like I'm gonna just stop watching after all these years just because of 1 bad episode...I still have faith :) ;)

10. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Aww, Lady Rose, there wasn't anything about the ep that you liked? Nothing at all?

11. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Those of you who don't like the show, go, you don't have to flaunt it to try to upset people.

I am really happy though with the GSR/Sara people who see the show as something deeper and keep watching and liking other aspects of the show.

Who thinks that Grissom guessed that Warrick was taking pills before this ep?

12. doodoo23

doodoo23 Victim

Lady Rose? Greg and superDave are the best things in the episode? Wow. To me they're the most boring part of any episode.

In fact, I'll take Grissom, Warrick, Nick, before anyone. And this episode had them. And used them well. The best so far this year.

13. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Superdave and boring? Are we watching the same show?

14. doodoo23

doodoo23 Victim

I hope your not comparing William Petersen's acting ability to David Berman?

I wouldn't even be able to comment back. It's very clear by just watching.

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I really like this episode. I'm glad to see Warrick back in the whole episode then he does in the past season. I'm glad Nick is there for Warrick. Nick and Grissom are there for Warrick.

I'm sorry that you hate this episode because Sara isn't there, she wasn't the lead of the show, but she was part of it for 7 1/2 years and depenable to them. The reason the writers bring her up, because she will be back as a guest star sometime next years if the writers get their act together soon before Christmas.

I have to agree with doodoo23 about Greg, he is boring now since he was in the field and he got boring since sixth season. Sometime he come up with the joke once in a great while.

Phillips is funny, he rarely on the show much, he just coroner. David Berman is a very smart man, I would said.

Like I said, I like this episode.