"Cockroaches" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 30, 2007.

1. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

How could i forget shirtless Warrick! That was yummy. My mom smiled at that.

I know GSR fans may hate me but I dont understand completely why she is being brought up still either. I can see if someone asks Grissom if he has talked to her, but other than that, I'm like huh? And I'm a GSR fan. Love Sara and miss her. Life will not end.

Anyways, I hope that things get resolved by the next episode and this isnt something that gets dragged out too much. Some people might be like oh I want it to play out, but the longer it does the uglier things can get. And I dont mean just clearing Warrick of killing the girl or being a part of it. He has a SERIOUS problem that apparently has been going on since if not before his divorce from Tina.

Ok. I need to stop worrying about this. Just someone tell me I'm crazy and over reacting to this. Warrick will be fine. Right? *sigh*

2. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

*smacks OTL* It's all good. You know this is gonna be the Kristi incident all over again. He'll be cleared, kick the habit and then the Yobling eyesex shall return... at least that's what we hope for.

I liked that they had Greg fire the gun in this episode, even though I was hoping to see Bobby around again, but alas, no dice! :( And I'm going to agree, that the confrontation scene seemed way weird, OOC as I've said before. It was like it was rushed or something. Strange. Maybe Warrick just wasn't in the mood for a fight, so he decided to end it and make Nick think he was really helping? Cuz obviously it just went in one ear and out the other.

3. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Nice cold open - loved the breakneck pace as well as the choice of music (I was a MAJOR Deep Purple fanatic in high school...). Good start.

"Breastises"... :lol: I do believe that's a Jamie Foxx-ism from "In Living Color"...or was it one of the other cast members? GAWD what a talented bunch that was. Anyone remember a skinny white dude named Jim Carrey getting his start on that show? :cool:

Liked Nick applying the "tough love" on Warrick. Scene was a little underplayed but I think that made it even stronger. With this impending meltdown, greater drama would be more appropriate later.

Gee, blink and you missed Archie's scene. I am gonna have to ask him about that shirt, though... :D

Warrick screams and...fade to black. Bastahds.

OK, I'm about to go have a big celebration about, like, four different things. :D I might rewatch it later. Nah, who am I kidding. "You Kill Me" encore anyone?

4. jtbwriter2006

jtbwriter2006 Victim

This was a spooky and amazing episode...but I feel horrible for "Warrick"...and especially since both Nick and Grissom went out on a limb for him! The scene with Nick alone-that was sad....he fooled the poor guy and now I wonder how Nick will feel.. I hate cliffhangers though-I want to know what happens next!

5. LateToTheGame

LateToTheGame Hit and Run

Well, aside from the "trippy" scene, I didn't mind the episode. Though Warrick's issues seemed to have come on suddenly (with only a second or two of foreshadowing in the last couple of episodes) I thought the explanation wasn't bad. His split with Tina was obviously more troublesome than we have been shown before, and the drugs he has taken are prescription, so that started "innocently" enough. Now he's feeling like he's losing control. I thought it was interesting when Grissom said to him that "you got your work". Here is one area of his life that he feels he can control, so when he can't find the answers, or get the warrant in order to find the answers, you can understand why he would become obssessed with the case. I mean really obssessed. Things like staking the place out, trying to trick the club owner, etc. all this stuff is way outside his job description (even in the CSI universe, where they do non-scientific stuff like interrogate witnesses etc.). So it kind of made sense.

As for the "trippy" scene, I've seen parodies of bad 1970s movies and somehow, that's what this reminded me of. Weird for the sake of being weird, which didn't appeal to me at all. I found it a little ridiculous to be honest, and much too long. And while I realize he was flaked out on controlled substances, umm, why did he take a cab back to that place?

Anyway, as someone else said, I hope it all pulls together with the next episode.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

YIPEE, CSI is back full force[​IMG] from the beginning and I noticed the opening credits/pictures have changed, cool ;) so is Hodges replacing Sara or Sofia? anyway, WARRICK, so messed up and distanced from what's going on, and his lame excuse to Grissom, about being late, as he popped the pils :(and that he brought up Sara, rather than Grissom a bit odd, Warrick misses her, I do to! but Grissom goes "You've got your work" was he speaking about himself? to help ease his heartbreak? perhaps! how he felt 'disconnected'. And, to me CSI is all about the cast, an how they intereact with one another, it's not 'forensic files' & when one is missing it's like part of the heart of CSI is too. Brass always steady and stable, and funny :D but Warrick more intense than ever, so on the edge. Him and his buddy Nick such good raport and their little encounter. 'I'm your friend" yes, he is, and his little explosion with Sheriff McKean, WOW, get em' Warrick, you go. The stripper Candy, gorgeous, and what a bod. How Grissom, so damn strait laced/serious, lighten up dude!! :rolleyes:, acting like his dad telling him to go home, which he didn't. Cath and Greg, barely noticable to me, they didn't add much to the show, but I love seeing them anyway! So is Warrick hallucinating, or melting down, or both? That bedroom sexual scene, what the most erotic I think I've ever seen on CSI.. [​IMG]and with sexy handsome Warrick WOW..he didn't kill that girl, he liked her so, was that preview real or a figment of his imagination? It was fast paced and riveting through out, oh, the disgusting fat slob boss slime-ball EWWW, the sleazy underworld.. so CSI.. Gary's acting superb.. I thought this was one of the best so far this season.. this, to me is CSI.. but I miss Sara's bautiful smiling face come back sweetie ;)

7. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I agree with so many things!
    I think, Like Korb said, the scene with Nick and Warrick WAs a bit underplayed, but I liked it, and we and Warrick need more of it. (What are you celebrating Korb? Is it...)

Someone mentioned that the trippy scene may be in his head, I had that thought right when it started, but I doubt it.

XfCanadian, I really like your review, and was it you who said less Sara fans? I didn't even notice really, cause it's been kinda quiet here this past week (or I haven't been around much) But thank the higher powers.

Adult content is GOOD, as is shirtless Warrick. When he has his shirt on, it looked to me like he gained a bit of weight, but I'm not sure now...Was that his second shirtless scene in history? Or has he had 3? Hot stuff!

As I think I said before, Nick about to cry was great.

8.2 I'd say.

No Hodges, but there really wasn't much trace, so I'm ok, but maybe they could have showed him with the silk...the ep WAS strong and great without him, and I am not like, well, some fans saying about characters "OMSWONTWATCHCAUSE HEWASNTTHERE". Him next week would be nice though. Maybe he will have a rude comment about what is happening with Warrick, or maybe he would be understanding, allthough I wouldn't say that he and Warrick are friends...

8. dirtylabrat

dirtylabrat Police Officer

I hated last night's episode! I want Sara back!

9. GreenEyes

GreenEyes Hit and Run

I'm not reviewing this ep, but I do have a question about the episode that is bugging my husband and me. Was the one guy who said he was a "manager, not an agent. Agents get 10%, Managers get 15%" uncredited? I know we've seen him in stuff before (and I think a CSI Miami episode) but he didn't appear to be credited and I can't figure out who he is. I recorded the show, so I went back through the credits slo-mo both at the beginning and the end and I think I checked out everyone it could have been on IMDB without finding him.

Any ideas?

10. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

Goes to show that a director needs t know his characters - Friedkin didn't and because the writers botched it all up again the ep came off unbelievable.

This was the last ep I will ever watch and it boils down to Warrick's line about Sara and the producers and writers dragging him dowwn the usual sterotypical route for a black male. When they try to kid me that Sara and Rick were best friends that's when I step off the hell-bound train. Thank you Rambo, you screwed it up royally. I love Warrick and I hate that he's being portrayed like an angry, out of control and very clueless man. He should be able to hide his addiction better, he has the knowledge needed. They took his character down to the stereotypical 'black male with drug-issues'. GD did a fine job but I won't stand for his character being reduced to this. They could have given him another arc, because Friedkin might be a good director, but he doesn't know CSI and that is obvious. Warrick is an intelligent man and he would know how to hide his depedency, ive the man some credit.

And we got rid of the friggen woman - did you have to mention her? Just to shove it in my face that you've ruined a perfectly fine show? Thank you very much.

Grissom has long ago let his team slip and he showed it when he sent Warrick home, he shouldn't have. He should have taken it up with him and kept him paired up with another CSI for the reminder of the case. Grissom has no clue and he's supposed to be intelligent?

This was a cop ep, not CSI, it was more chases and interrogations than science. Since when do CSI do stake-outs and undercover work? Cops do that and the writers really should know that by now.

This felt like very old show, strobo-lights, sipping drinks at the bar is so 80ies and the entire ep had an air of 'old news' about it.

Nope, I'm off this ship and hope GD and GE won't renew their contracts, they're worth more than this shit. I'd say let the strike go on forever and CSI isn't picked up again. Because this is a parody, that has nothing to do with what started out as a fresh show.

To me CSI died with Grave Danger, I'm forgetting everything past that point of possible rebirth they had and managed to utterly botch.

The line about Sara beig the thing that kept the team together mad me roll my eyes and understand that the current writers and producers must be on something for a long time.

R.I.P.

11. csiMadness

csiMadness Dead on Arrival

I actually loved this episode. The end was the best part [definitely]. They way that his that they interpreted his drug trip was amazing in my opinion. He lost all his respect, decency and he didn't know what he was doing [well and he even can't remember it]. And now I know why I should never take little pills and drink too much alcohol, you really get nasty nightmares [which come true]!

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I've already commented, but I have to say again that this show was sooo good for so many reasons.

GSR being put to rest was so what the show needed. I agree with a previous poster who said that the GSR was a small part of the show, but for years it was all the talk in the media when the show was mentioned so it wasn't about the quantity of time, but the hype surrounding it that was bugging me. I'm not anti-GSR, but it's like when it became centre of the attention-I got tired of it.

So this show demonstrated to me that the other actors particulary GD and GE can carry this how and give great angst.

I don't look it as a the 'black man with drug issues' I saw it as the CSI on the verge of burnout due to a grueling schedule and ongoing heartaches. Warrick has been through a lot over the years with his gambling; with his best friend being buried alive with his divorce and losing a fellow team member-which anyone has had a job with long hours and working closely with other people-losing one member can be unsettling to say the least.

So I think GD did an amazing job and deserve kudos.

And the eye candy galore didn't hurt either. Crying Nick and shirtless Warrick was such a treat to see. We need more of that!

13. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

Oh, I'm not saying GD is bad - I'm saying he deserves better. Much better. I felt it was another case of dumbing the viewer down. We know drugs are bad, we know you shouldn't mix them with alcohol. So does Warrick. But a 14-year old might wanna try it for the effect. This kind of behavior is often exhibited in the last, chronic stage of substance abuse, albeit it starts in the acute stage but there's still some control left at that stage. Warrick had no control at all.

it is still written for a very juvenile audience. Or the writers ar, beats me but the psychological build up to a dependency (the stages0 were completely rushed, the tripping scene was there to show skin (they should have forgotten the girl and concentrated on Warrick, thank you very much) and the science was gone. No lab-rat in sight at all.

And IMHO this show has become very racist and misogynic since the original writers and producers left.

14. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

Agreed with you guys, the trippy scene was bad -like a bad trip (AHAH)

The opening sequence, the garbage truck chase, was 100% Friedkin, like very French Connection and TLADILA.

Liked the scene between Warrick and Nick. They were both on the verge of tears, especially Nick.

OK I must have slept through an episode -never happened to me before not even once, because until last night, I didn't know that Warrick was getting a divorce :eek:
    Not that I mind ... YoBling here we come :D

15. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I'll be honest and say I have yet to watch the epi, but it has nothing to do with Sara. And, I haven't been around for a few weeks, but that's work, not the show keeping me away. I ADORED Lab Rats!

But, anyway, the preview just didn't do anything for me for this episode, and I usually try to sneak watches at work, then go home and watch it with my husband, but I forgot my jump drive at home, and went to a bachelorette party after work... so I haven't seen the epi, yet.

I've been reading all your guys' comments to try to get a feel for the episode, and I have a feeling I'll love the lighting/directing and not like a lot of the character stuff, but we'll see. I'm open-minded.

Thanks for all the insightful comments, because it's kinda priming me and making me more interested in this ep than the promo ever could.