Grade 'The Thing About Heroes'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 28, 2007.

1. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Maybe she'll be bald by ep14. :lol:

2. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

And Snow Day itself was sort of connected to Sweet Sixteen, when the bullet fired by the Irish mob guy turned out to be a match in ballistics to the gun that killed the FBI agent in that episode. ;) I love it when they do stuff like this.

3. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i give this ep a C. i was kinda bored with the whole thing. the story and why Mac was being stalked could have been so much better. i was hoping that there would be some secret thing Mac did when he was in the Marines or when he first became a cop. and i knew that Drew was behind the whole thing right from the start. he was creepy and just came in an ep for no more than a minute at a time, there's always a reason for those kinds of characters.

Flack and Danny were the best of the night. Danny is my hero all the way, totally kicked ass running down that track to try and get to the control panel.

if the writers don't stop making Lindsay look like she knows nothing they're gonna get an ear full. she's a smart character, she usually tells Mac things and does experiments on him, she shouldn't be getting crappy lines and being dumbed down. yes i will agree she was captain obvious on the train.

i got so mad that Mac got hit over the head, so cliched and so predictable.

not one of the worst eps but certainly not one of the best. i think this could have been a better story if the writers had more time with it and it was dragged out over the season. lets hope the next ep makes up for this one.

maybe it's me but i kinda laughed when the detective in Chicago said her name was Det. Brennan. it made me think of "Bones" and how AJ Buckley was in an ep of the show last year and Bess Wohl and has been a recurring character this season.

4. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

i couldn't find the eyecon page...

this week's code is 'coward', and it opens up a behind the scenes video of the suicide girls episode.

5. mulder8scullly5

mulder8scullly5 Prime Suspect

This episode rocks big time! I really did not expect it to turn out this GREAT! I think it's amazing!

=)

Great job!

6. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

If they had dragged it out all season they would have had to come up with a better explanation for the 333 thing. I think that for only taking it this far a childhood thing sufficed. But if this was the explanation they'd given in the s4 finale I would have been like, "That's it?". I do agree though, a story relating to his time in the Marines would have been interesting.

7. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I was talking to my brother after he watched it and he said the same as a few people have said how he thought it would have been better dragged out through the season a little longer similar to the minuture killer storyline in that sense.

I think it worked being only a short one but there is still the conclusion to the second life episode to come forward.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

God, no. I'm so glad they didn't drag out the 333 thing. The Miniature Killer was an actual storyline and it really paid off in the end. This was just a whole bunch of annoying build up that thankfully led to a decent episode. If I had to hear Mac go, "This is all about me! I keep getting these phone calls..." one more time, I think I would have lost it with the show. This is one storyline they were smart not to drag out.

9. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Well some of us enjoyed it :D even though I thought parts could have been better.

And I agree about having run longer if it had been woven into the storylines well enough. But that could have been hoping for to much...as it was I think in a couple of eps the writers dropped the ball with the tension. Also to me this would have worked better if the storyline from the final few eps of season 3 had been further back in out memory. Two storylines with someone out to get Mac *even though one was to use him as a political scapegoat* were to close together…if 333 had been drawn out, and more subtle in places, it might have worked better and kept everyone happy. Also writers, you need to vary the dialogue for the characters, they lifted lines for Mac straight from some of last seasons final eps.. people notice this stuff you know.

As a fan of the Mac character I enjoyed the 333 storyline even with the mistakes I felt they made in pace and tension in a few of the eps, but be honest, a Mac storyline, even done well, is never going to be overly popular around here.
    :(

10. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I still can not beleive that I haven't had time to watch it damn RL!!! I will watch it tomorrow, I hope! :D

11. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I really liked it too. And I really like Mac, so enjoyed the storyline, though the constant re-telling of the 'it all started in London' thing did get me irritated, not at Mac really, but at the writers, it was like they thought us fans have incredibly short memory spans and might have forgotten it all began in London. I suppose they maybe did it for people who had missed earlier shows in the storyline, which is fine, but not great for the rest of us. I think they did a similar thing with the Vegas Miniture Killer, didn't they? Of course, one good thing about the constant re-telling was that it did mean many flashbacks of Mac in his t-shirt and boxers in bed in London, so it wasn't that bad for me. :devil: But I do think, like you say, Fruitbat, they they dropped the ball with the tension aspect, something they maintained in the minitaure killer storyline in CSI Vegas.

12. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

I thought the same thing about the whole "it all started back in London", it was kind of repetitive.
    Well, from my point of view, I don't think TPTB have any excuse about that. I don't see it that the only reason for including the flashbacks was because of people who missed the previous episodes, that's why the episode started with a "previously on CSI:NY..."'s sequence, right?

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

13. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

with some of the lines and the way the characters have been acting b/c of the writers i keep thinking what happened to the quality that it was last year.

season 3 was by far the best, story wise and character wise. season 4 hasn't been too bad but it just seems like some of the writers are getting tired of making the characters smart or thinking of new stories to tell.

season 4 was off to a good start. all the characters seemed a bit lighter, the crimes were interesting. hopfully this will come back soon, make this season even better.

14. csiviper

csiviper Witness

The episode was completely awesome. I give it an A+

Like always, Stella has to be the one that they bad guy is attracted to, I was like so freaking scared when Drew hit Mac in the back of the head and the thing with the subway, SCARY. :eek: :eek:

Anyway, this episode showed us that
    1) Stella attracts bad guys :p

2) Mac is hot :devil: :devil: :devil: :D

3) Flack and Danny are kinda hot :devil:

4) Stella has got to be careful when dating cause in New York there are some serious sickos who are either wanting to hurt her or hurt her because it will hurt Mac. :(

P. S. Thank God this was the last thing of the 333 stalker cause it was getting old and I wanna see something else, anyway the episode gets an A+ because it simply fantabulous. :D :D :lol: :devil: :p

15. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

I wouldn't be that much sure about it, csiviper. Andy is still alive and since he is a completely psycho, I don't think the fact that Mac did play the "hero" againg is going to make him that happy. I mean, Andy put so much effort in his plan to get Mac down, he even managed to get him tied up on a chair, but even so Mac solved the situation.

So maybe what we got on "The thing about heroes" was the end of the 333 stalker, but seems pretty sure to me that we aren't done with Andy, yet.

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"