Last Photographer Standing #2 - Final Results Now Up!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueCurl, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Re: Last Photographer Standing #2

I finally submitted my photo for this round. We'll see how it goes. Garbage really is a hard theme. :lol:

2. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Okay, I've submitted my photo. And I agree with Dizzney - this was a hard theme!

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I had fun thinking up something for this, but I agree it did get the brain working with the degree of toughness.

4. Bev

Bev Pathologist

Thanks BonaTaylor. I really do wish I could stay in, but life has gotten too hectic. I'll try to enter as non-LPS when I can, but for the next 4 weeks, I can't see it happening.

I'll check the board and vote an critque though.

You guys keep up the good work!

5. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Only a day left and I've only got 5 photographs so far! --> And I like them! Nice going!

6. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

will have mine in by the end of the day...just been so busy the past couple of days..... :)

7. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

Sent mine in :cool:

8. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

I'm going to extend the deadline to Teusday 2pm GMT. I don't have a lot of photos from the LPS contestants yet! And I have got my day filled with schoolwork. Tuesday I am kinda having a school-off day since I am going to have my next Kung Fu exam ass well in the evening so I have plenty time to get the photos up and running for voting that day!

9. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

I sent mine in today, this one was really hard. I don't usually see garbage as "art." Thanks for pushing me to expand my ideas.

10. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

I am glad you're liking it! It is cool to know that it's appreciated!

ETA: I'm not getting more entries at the moment... If it is the theme let me know... also if things are stilled heated after the discussion or anything is bothering you please send me a PM or something!

I'll give replies to the ones that didn;t got any yet later this evening!

11. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

sorry guys: the flu!

I'll post the garbage photos bit later!

12. wibble

wibble Corpse

I apologise for not stepping in here sooner – I have been away on holiday for the past 3 weeks and came home on Tuesday to a dead computer.

Anyway, now that I’ve had a chance to wade through the shit storm about voting, and commandeered a laptop, I’m here to try and sort out this mess.

Had I been here when this debate started, I would have said that voting against a photo purely because someone feels it does not fit the theme would not be allowed. I know some people would not agree with this, but when I ran the first LPS I strongly voiced that the primary reason for voting for a particular photo should be based on its quality, NOT its relevance to the theme. If people really wanted to criticise on that level, then they should give at least one other additional reason based on the quality of the photo for voting it off. I am sorry to those who feel they were dismissed from the competition because of votes for their photo based only on its relevance to the theme.

However, I have decided to let BlueCurl continue running the LPS in her own way until it is finished, and then IF I think everyone can be mature enough to follow my instructions, I will run a third LPS myself at the beginning of next year.

Following on from that note, BlueCurl, can we please hurry this LPS along a little? I appreciate real life gets busy at times, but what with the long time delays between rounds, plus this recent heated discussion over voting, I feel we should get this one over sooner rather than later. It seems people are already losing interest because of these reasons.

I wish this disagreement hadn’t dragged itself for so long in this thread – remember, this LPS competition is supposed to be for FUN, not something to take personally and then huff about in the forum. I know people don’t always agree with the way things are run in these competitions, but I really feel it is always better to raise these issues via PM, rather than post in the thread.

So, in future, if you have a point to raise about the LPS, please PM BlueCurl or myself. And if anyone has anything to say about what I’ve written in this post, again please PM me, because I will not be a happy bunny if I see someone start getting shirty and throwing crap around in my forum (again).

Thank you and please let’s continue this competition in a more civilised manner.

13. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Hope you're feeling better soon BlueCurl.

Thanks for the explanation, wibble :D

14. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Thanks for the clarification wibbs & I hope you're feeling better BlueCurl. :)

Will the garbage photos be up soon? I was looking forward to seeing what everyone has come up with. :D

15. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

We're still left with 13 contestants. Three persons used their free pass this round. That leaves us with 10 LPS photos this round. But first I appologize for being late. I just had a few hours of sleep in the past few weeks which made me pretty exhausted and vulnerable for the flu. I do feel this LPS should be over sooner than later. But truly I am hoping it will find its purpose again! So lets continue!

---- VOTING TIME ----
    You can decide who's the best photographer in this round! Read the rules, watch all the photos and vote!

For the voting rules: See the initial post made!

Be sure to look which photo belongs to the LPS and which not before voting!

---- PHOTOS ----

Last Photographer Standing 2 Contestants

[​IMG]
    Photo #01

[​IMG]
    Photo #02

[​IMG]
    Photo #03

[​IMG]
    Photo #04

[​IMG]
    Photo #05

[​IMG]
    Photo #06

[​IMG]
    Photo #07

[​IMG]
    Photo #08

[​IMG]
    Photo #09

[​IMG]
    Photo #10

Other Contestants (NON LPS)

[​IMG]
    Photo #11

---- IMPORTANT ----

Please PM me if you don't see your photo!