Survivor? We Call It Camping ~ Canadian Thread #5

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dragonfly, Sep 27, 2007.

1. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

Re: Canadian Thread #5

lol there won't be any partying here in Winnipeg! well maybe a little, I mean we made it this far which is great, we've sucked for years, and finally we did so well.

And if our team can keep this up, when they build the new stadium(well at least I think they are)then they'll really get the ticket sales going!

But, Good Job Riders! you guys have better fans!

2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Well congrats go out to the Riders and their fans this morning for winning the Grey Cup. And congrats to the Blue Bombers as well. You've got to be a good team to make it to the finals.

3. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

I'm not really into the CFL but how many teams are there in the league?

4. Jacquie

There are 8 teams in the League- Saskatchewan, Calgary, Edmonton, BC, Winnipeg, Toronto, Hamilton and Montreal. Ottawa used to have a team and it folded. For one or two seasons there was a team in Baltimore but I think it became the new Montreal team.

5. WhosLaughingNow

Really? I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting (All I knew of was T.O and Saskatchewan). I guess maybe I pictured few more.

6. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

^Yeah, it's a much smaller league compared to the NFL. But anyway, yay for the Riders winning, and quickbeam_cw, what's this about Lenny Kravitz's buttcrack? (I know he was the half-time act, but yeah...)

7. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Not a big football fan myself, so I may be asking a stupid question, I dunno..but Has the CFL been around longer than the NFL?? or is it vise versa?

8. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Nope, the CFL was created in 1958 and the NFL was created in 1920.

Speaking of Football, I work in a pub in downtown Toronto and we were overrun with Riders fans this past weekend. It didn't help that we were right down the street from game either. Riders fan have got to be the craziest - and nicest! - group of fans in the world.

9. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

did anybody watching the game.. notice Dinwiddie's eyes? those have to be the coolest looking eyes ever, my friends and I thought they were gorgeous.

10. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

Re: Lenny Kravitz's crack: He was wearing really low pants, and several times throughout his performance he'd kinda bend and you'd see his crack. :lol: One time he was sorta crouching at the front of the stage and it was just like BAM! right there in your face. :lol:

Re: Dinwiddie's Eyes: Yes, yes I did notice! When they were announcing the players I was like "WHOA, who is THAT?" and then it was the QB. ;) Then I was talking to my friend on MSN and he was all like "blah blah strategy blah blah new quarterback blah" and I was like "Dinwiddie has really pretty eyes" and he was like "football players don't have pretty anything." :lol:

11. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

^Haha. For me and my mom it's not the eyes we pay attention to (they're always wearig those helmets), it's the cute butts! Edmonton used to have really cute butts, but then Jason Maas (my personal cutest) got traded and the whole team's southern sides got less-cute. :lol: :rolleyes:

12. Jacquie

Wow what a crazy day and week it's been. The weather here in Toronto is cold with a very brisk wind. There were 2 fires that made the news today. First parts of Wasaga Beach were destroyed on early Friday Morning. Second up was a very popular pub in Unionville that was destroyed by fire on Friday morning. The pub was in a building that was built in 1870. It was on Main Street. Hopefully the owners will be able to rebuild.

Forgot to add the good news :) Our store was voted Best Pet Supply Store in North Toronto for 2007 :) :)

13. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Congrats JACQUIE for being voted. *applauds* I am just assuming the pet store is YOUR store... :)

14. Jacquie

DJRideout yes the Pet Store is owned by my husband and I. We've been at this location for just over a year but we've had the franchise for 7 years now.

15. WhosLaughingNow

I'm sooooooooooooooooo happy I'm indoors most of the time. And I'm not looking forward to walking downtown tomorrow while Christmas shopping *shudders*

Also Congratulations Jacquie [​IMG]