Episode # 610: 'CSI: My Nanny'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 24, 2007.

1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah seriously, I could care less if the rich have a problem...whatever happened to them investigating the average joe? I know Miami has the rich and famous but seriously can we, oh I don't know, do something new?

2. timspeedlefan

timspeedlefan Prime Suspect

Is there and "average joe" people in Miami at all? I mean usually the people they investigate are richer than rich.

3. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I though I remember hearing on the S5 DVD that the MDPD is in a richer part of Miami. Maybe that is why most of the cases are about richer people?

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I liked Miami when they had the night time cases (now they have an excuse for not having them - they are the "Dayshift").

Miami is all about the clubbing and the beaches. You can have some episodes at night, some during the day. Not all eps have to be "rich and famous". You can have average joe here and there as well. :p

5. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

Normal AND lower class! I also miss that lately! Just those regular cases. And I don;t care if they do a rich story line and a normal story line in one epi or something but not just the rich and royalties and such. Normal people!

I don't know what to expect from the title. Maybe it will suit me later on! I guess I'll have to see it later today!

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

does anybody else miss the crocodiles and the everglades??? eric taking a dip...the cuban people...normal lab technology...oh yeah, regular cases, normal people... :rolleyes:

7. Hip_hugga_lovah

Hip_hugga_lovah Lab Technician

While I think that the title is SO stupid the case sounds interesting sort of. I just hope the case isn't easy to figure out who did in the nanny like say the mother. In the promo the kid called the nanny mommy which can lead to some very easy conclusions but it could be something totally different. It's written by Corey Miller and I always like his material so I'm looking foward to tonights ep.

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I love Corey Miller (ever since he began writing for the show with 'Tinder Box') but I hate it when he's paired with another writer because then the episodes seem choppy, especially when said writers' list of episodes include season four and five. :rolleyes:

The nanny storyline hasn't been done before on Miami but for some reason it still seems old. :lol: Like others, I suppose I'd like it better if they were showcasing a low to middle class family. (Like the Canadian family--breath of fresh air)

For this episode I'm expecting a lot of:

Ryan: *walks out of interrogation* So who do you think killed the nanny?
    Horatio: It was the father in the Conservatory with *puts on shades* the revolver.

Bleh.

9. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

This was a good episode! I liked it, I really kept guessing who killed the nanny.

I really think that Eric and Calleigh will get together before this season is over. At least I hope so, they just interact so well with each other

Natalia is still practicing at the gun range, I'm glad that it hasn't been easy for her. It looks more natural to see her struggle than nail it in a short period of time

Alexx is looking great and she did get more to do in this episode

10. dustymonkey

dustymonkey Dead on Arrival

I think the episode sounds like it's going to be good. I'm happy I get to see it in a little over an hour :)

11. purplecat17

purplecat17 Hit and Run

hopefully this episode is good... the last few episodes weren't great in my opinion so hopefully this episode will be better.... i guess i will find out in less then an hour

12. Mightion

Mightion Hit and Run

I stayed home from work today because I was in pain. Watching tonight's Miami didn't help any; for a numbered list of reasons:

1. Does anyone on Miami bother to get evidence before they ask someone if they're capable of murder? Callie, I'm looking at you. I don't think there was an interview that went fifteen seconds before someone was accused of murder.

2. The mother, the father, the son, the other nanny, the caterer.. the only one who wasn't accused of murder was Megan, and when Eric found the drawing, I said to myself "Oh no.... not even Miami would...". Needless to say, I was glad when the fingerprints were too big to be from the daughter.

2. I want stock in a canned dialogue factory. They did a brisk business tonight; "I can't believe it.... in our own home." "This is so horrible." "First Vanessa's murder, and now this?" "I can't believe she's gone..." "It's so strange without her..." I think the dialogue from the party guests erased itself from my mind first chance it got. My eyes were rolling so many times, I was hoping they'd come up sevens.

3. So, Vanessa's feeling the effect of the eyedrops in the eggs, but after stumbling up the stairs, she takes a moment to gaze longingly out the window?

4. The writers sure managed to work a lot of cliches into tonight's episode... let's see.... overachieving and (appearing to be) uncaring parents, sullen teenage boy, wife spying on husband, husband suspected of infidelity with the nanny, jealous boyfriend, male mentor suspected of being gay, etc... all they needed was for one of the nannies not to be a legal alien.

5. I will give the writers credit for the ending - Mom, dad, two kids.... and no one was guilty of anything; much less arrested for it? The husband didn't even touch Vanessa?

6. Not to mention the fact that the family's just going to live happily ever after? I gotta admit, that's new in my experience. I'd been thinking of Brittany from "Shootout" in season three.

7. Geez, Jonah. Smile a bit... I saw an Xbox, and Xbox 360, and a Wii in your room. Smile a bit. :)

8. Another trend I noticed in tonight's episode... Eric and Callie think of someone to question, or discover a piece of evidence, and Horatio materializes at that person to question them. Who's working for whom?

9. Valera.... Valera.... * sniff *... it's been so long... we miss you. Well, I know I do.

I'll give this episode credit - I was expecting someone in the family to be arrested for something... but no, they all came out innocent (including the daughter... but she looks like she masterminded the whole thing! Think about it!). It's just as well. I could have sworn Kyle would have gotten another member of his prison club in this episode. :)

13. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

Well I wasnt in pain but I was not all that thrilled with this episode. Many reasons that Mightion gave were the same for me.

The only good things about this episode really were that i recognized the dad when he was Perry Mason and some Hallmark channel show. And the friendly smiles and discussion between Eric and Calleigh and much more but I'll leave it at that. *this was not to upset and shippers that arent HipHuggers, that whole scen was just one of only 2 good moments from this episode for me!*

14. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Okay not a bad episode but also not my favorite.

A few things irritated me:

-No one asked the caterer whether he knew the victim or not. You'd think with questioning everyone at the party that this would be at the top of their list.

-Natalia works DNA and Trace now? I wonder whatever happened to Belmontes. (Those oh so elusive lab techs) Then again I suppose they've all processed Trace without actually going to college first.

-Could the models on the beach have big enough racks? I wanted to see a fat guy in a speedo just to deflect the pain somewhere else.

-Alexx, honey, speak faster. The show pretty much dumbs everything down enough already.

Anyway I'm done complaining for the night. :lol:

There were certainly a lot of twists and it was nice to see the family innocent and the nannies untouched by daddy dearest. I also loved the banter between Eric and Calleigh, they're really the highlight for me this season. :) I still would have liked to see less interrogations and less finger pointing at every turn but all-in-all it wasn't a bad episode.

15. tranceraver69

tranceraver69 Hit and Run

this ep was one of the suckiest ep from s6. It was just a super boring episode. It just kept on dragging and dragging. someone did mention about vallera. Man i miss that hottie, but one thing that striked me was at the end of the ep it didnt say anything about next week's episode.could this be that there going on break cause of the stupid screen actors guild shit. I fucking hate that stupid strike. we'll if anyone has answers to why they didnt show a preview please input your feedback .. i need it :-D