Survivor? We Call It Camping ~ Canadian Thread #5

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dragonfly, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Re: Canadian Thread #5

Ew. Sports :lol: I couldn't care less about the Grey Cup. But, unlike my sister, I at least know what sport it's for.

My two closest friends are rooting for opposite teams. The one rooting for the Bombers considers Winnipeg her hometown (weird thing is, she's never actually lived there), but I have no idea when she became interested in sports. Must be her dad's influence. The other one is rooting for the Riders because her boyfriend is a huge fan. They've gone to a bunch of games together. Of course, they're both telling me to pick a side :rolleyes: I guess if I had to pick one it would be the Bombers... just for the sake of 'Toba pride.

2. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

Amen!

In all honesty though I wish rugby was a bigger sport in Canada. See, I would be really into that if we had a decent rugby team.

3. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

ROFL.

So that's two for the Riders and two for the Bombers? Anyone else wanna jump in before Sunday? Even if you don't know anything about it (like moi) it's fun to guess. And then laugh when you're totally off.

I honestly can't remember the last time the Argos were in the cup. I think they won sometime in the mid-late 90s. '96 or '97 maybe? I remember because my dad was so happy I got scared he was gonna break something in excitment. :lol:

4. WhosLaughingNow

^^ 3 or 4 years ago I think in 05'. And the only reason I remember that is because my friend made me go to their season opener with her. And I remember that they had just won the Gray Cup the season before.

5. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Well the Argos won the Grey Cup more recently that the Leafs have won the Stanley Cup :lol: but I couldn't tell you when though.

6. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

Yeah, and I'm sure the last meteor shower happened more recently than the Leafs winning the Stanley Cup too. :lol:

That's right, they did win it a couple years ago. Totally forgot about that. My bad.

7. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

Wow... so I knew it'd been a while since the Leafs won the the Cup, but I didn't know exactly HOW long, until I looked it up just now... 40 years. That's a little depressing. Well, you never know, maybe this year will be their year?

So, speaking of hell freezing over, I was just checking the weather forecast, and it looks like Tuesday we have a high of a balmy -19 degrees, and -20 on Wednesday (low -23). Chance of flurries over the next few days. Anyone else suddenly getting hit by winter?

8. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

We've got hit by the winter bug...go figure! Monday past with had flurries and it was very cold, and a sprinkle of this snow across the ground. Although on Tuesday, it was like +12 - +14 (warm for the end of November here), sunny, hardly a breath of wind. Talk about going from one extreme to another.

9. allmaple

allmaple Judge

well, winter came in fast and furious this week. so you know what that means... the line at the timmies drive through gets ridiculously long! :lol: honestly, its not even that cold yet and when i walked by a timmies on the way to the deli there were like a dozen or more cars waiting for the drive through. they take up the whole parking lot! :eek:

but its going into the positive temperatures during the day this week and raining again :( yay for ice sheets on my walk to school in the morning! why cant mother nature just make up her mind?? maybe she is making up for the lack of rain in the summer...

10. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Timmies is such a wonderful addiction, but I am sure like any other place, here in the mornings on the commute to work, Tims is so out of the question. I pass several en route to where I work, and ALL places, the line up in every drive through consumes the parking lots.

One place just moved to a more convenient spot with 3 times the parking room, yet STILL the drive through is lined up to and out onto the road. I think there is going to be an accident someday.

11. Jacquie

I avoid the whole Timmies issue by taking my own cup of beverage in the morning. I'm a Tea drinker and I like Tetleys which is not usually available in fast food places. You usually get Mother Parkers which isn't bad but it's not Tetleys.

12. WhosLaughingNow

^ I'm not a big tea fan. I'm going to have to stick with my Timmies French Vanilla.

Winter is coming in. A few days ago I was downtown T.O and I wore my light jacket. That was such a bad idea, I felt like death.

13. Jacquie

I haven't broken out the lining to my winter coat yet. At the moment I'm wearing 3 layers of clothing to work and my spring/winter coat minus the lining is fine. The coat with the lining gets to bulky when driving. I will break out the lining when it gets really cold though and stays that way.

14. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

It's been snowing here, but it hasn't gotten really cold yet. Tomorrow has a low of -18C though :(

A brand new Timmies just opened (literally) around the corner from my house. It's sooooo busy there. Of course, I don't drink tea or coffee :lol:

15. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

RIDERS WIN!!!! WHOOO!!!!! Man, the parties are gonna be huge tonight. I think I'll be staying in tonight. Much safer, lol. Apparently last week the police were pretty busy after the game. :lol:

Also, Lenny Kravitz's butt crack during the half-time show made me laugh. Somehow I doubt it'll cause outrage like Janet Jackson's boob.

Perhaps I heard wrong, but at the beginning of the game when they announced the Sask. premiere, I could have sworn they called him "Brian Wall." ...his name's Brad. *facepalm*