Grade 'One Wedding and a Funeral'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Jools

Jools Victim

Oh yes please, not again, pretty please. That line is almost on the same level as 'to boldy go...' whenever I see stars...

What I find so odd about Mac in regard to the 333 case, is that he tells almost everyone individually, without planning and no one seems to be like 'ok, this is a serious problem, let's put some team effort into it'.

This stalker knows his every move, yet I don't see anyone seemingly concerned about Mac's life.

2. Lampdor

Lampdor Prime Suspect

^^ Yeah, noticed too he tells his team separately about his stalker. Wonder if Danny is the last to know again lol. I thought the grooms man was just about as dumb as the other guy from last week who throws tennis balls b/c a shiney red light made him do it :lol: The 333 things is finally starting to get interesting. Where can I get one of those 3d puzzles? Loved this epi, but next week looks even better. Can't wait.

3. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Pretty good episode. Just some thoughts of mine:

Why in the heck were those families brawling? The musicians continuing to play was pretty funny though.

Whee! Bubblewrap! I *love* bubblewrap!

Sid's dead ringer joke was really funny. Danny thought so too.

That best friend was not only stupid, he was creepy. Stuffing his best friend's corpse and taking it to the wedding to win a bet, yuck!

Loved Danny telling the killer. "Imagine the look on your son's face when he learns that Daddy's going away for 25 years to life."

I sure hope Danny didn't really make Adam pay the $25.

Why wasn't Drew brought in for questioning? He's been sending Stella gifts all the time. She sure was quick to believe him when he said he didn't send her the puzzle. I'm almost positive he deliberatly removed one of the pieces so Stella would be forced to come back and apologise.

How on Earth did 333 know where Mac propsed to Claire? The other stuff I get, but not that.

Next week's promo looks exciting! (Even if it did take too long to get to it.)

4. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

Im glad the 333 stuff is coming to an end - hopefully

creepy stalker guy officially annoys me

loved the outfits, especially Stellas

Adam was the best in this epi

Sid makes the best jokes. loved his faces when he found the phone

Danny & Flack in interogation were really cool, and the look on Flack face after Dannys last line - so sad

my favorite snarky duo - Flack & Hawkes *yay*

girl power, I like it, we need more of it :)

I liked the episode but it wasnt one of the best

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Once again, a B.

The cases were interesting, and the creativity of the drunk groomsman was kinda cool.

Some things I noticed:

That poor little ring bearer almost took a header into the concrete steps. Careful there, cutie!

This is a new one: a corpse wrapped in bubble wrap stuffed with packing peanuts and a cell phone. Even Sid looks perplexed.

"Dead Ringer." Hehehe, Sid. Even Danny thinks you're funny.

TOD was 2-3AM but the curb wasn't painted until 6AM. Shouldn't it have been obvious the shoes were switched? C'mon Mac and Hawkes, you're supposed to be smarter than that.

Danny and Hawkes tandem processing montage! WOOT!

Yes, Lindsay, it makes perfect sense for you to stand there and interrogate Stella about the mystery box like she wouldn't have thought about the situation already.

Pissy!Stella. Tear that Drew freak a new one. Show us you've got your brain back around this guy and don't believe him.

Let's see, the puzzle is "top priority," but Adam has to figure it out alone while Lindsay processes a chunk of something found in the box and powder on one piece of the puzzle. And we get to see Lindsay shoot Adam one of her smug ass bitch looks while she goes off with the chunk.

Adam is proud of himself. You should be Adam, good work. But seriously, in the CSI world of almost instant test results we're supposed to believe it took Lindsay as long to figure out two small pieces of evidence in the same amout of time as it took Adam to scan all of the puzzle pieces, figure out it was a 3-D puzzle and put it all together? And then Stella tells Adam to reexamine the box for the missing piece after Lindsay has already processed it? Wow, what confidence you have in your CSI, Stel.

C'mon Stella, Drew sent the damn puzzle and probably left a piece there intentionally. I guess you haven't gotten your brain back after all. You have nothing to apologize for, Stel, the dude's suspicious.

I'm thinking they're focusing on the caterer's kid blowing bubbles for a reason that has nothing to do with his cuteness.

Stella finds Adam amusing, but Lindsay's too confused to do so. I guess that's why Adam is doing three times the work Lindsay is on this case.

Hawkes processing, Again. Hawkes needs more to do, although I am happy to see more of him so far this season.

Adam once again puts together the big ass puzzle. Stella examines the satchel and figures out what the wear pattern is. Lindsay finds out the chalk outline is the same chalk as on the puzzle, which would only make sense considering the chalk outline was at the scene where the next part of the puzzle was and that they found the scene in the first place from Adam putting together and figuring out the significance of the missing piece. And then, Lindsay and Stella figure out the case has no significance to Stella personally. Uh, Lindsay, you still have to figure out what's going on. You sound a lot like you think you're done working just because the case doesn't relate to Stella.

Adam also tracked the ankle bracelet.

Yes, Flack. George is the most stupid guy ever. But your and Mac's reactions to the dudes stupidity were priceless.

Danny gets to stab a pig! Poke that porker, Danny!

Adam and Danny! But wait, Adam's on the other case. Oh, he has time to help them identify the mystery substance. No wonder Adam is called "The X-Factor!" Be nice to "The X-Factor" Danny, don't be taking his money.

AHA!! I knew that kid and his bubbles would be important.

When interrogating the caterer about the all hours phone calls from the groom, we get the most ironic Danny line EVER "I wouldn't take that kind of crap from a friend." No, but apparrently you'll take a whole lot more crap from from a chick just to get laid.

The groom was an ass, but now you're going to jail and won't get to see your kid grow up. You should've just left the dude without food and a cake for his wedding. And Danny is once again very affected by the ramifications of the senseless crime.

We found out the last half of CSI: NY's motto: "Follow the evidence . . . because it all leads back to Mac."

Funniest thing of the epi:
    Lindsay: "So where do we go now?"
    Mac: "The roof top where I got engaged."
    Cut to scene of Stella and Mac on the roof top. Hey Linds, maybe if you worked harder Mom and Dad would take you out with them more often. And try to at least look interested that you're helping Adam, Mom and Dad are watching.

Mac is in Chicago for three seconds and . . . Phone Call!!
    Drew, is that you???

I don't know why I was so fixated on Lindsay this episode. It just really bugged me that she did so little work while Adam was working his ass off. She's obviously not that important, so why am I supposed to believe Mac hired her to come to NY from Monatna?

6. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

I have to say that I really liked "One wedding and a funeral". I don't know from where came the good sensation I'm feeling since this afternoon (when I had the chance to see the whole epi)... maybe it's all because I was willing to see the episode, or maybe it did was a good episode, objectively talking.

Anyway, what I loved the most is that we could see the beginning of the end for the 333 case. However, I have to admit that the three puzzle were a little bit too much, and as said on the episode review, it was kind of repetitive. But well, I supouse it had to be 3 presents because the stalker identifies himself with number three.

But even better than the development of the 333 case, was the wedding investigation, I don't know what attached me to it, it just got me feeling like wanting to know more and more about the case.

And, as always, here it goes my...

TOP FIVE MOMENTS

5. "Everyone is fighting out there!" It was so funny seeing all this people dressed up punching, kicking and yellig to each other. And the little girl leading the little boy out of the crowd to seat on the stairs... how adorable!

4. "I hate to say the obvious", from Linds's lips. Ok, I know it was and easy joke, but, what can I say? it really made me laugh!

3. Sid removing the phone and the "small plastic things" from the victim's stomach. Any body else wanted to play "operation" while seeing the scene? XD

2. Adam's face when he is left on his own the first time he have to put up toghether the puzzle.

1. Stella going to see Drew for the first time. She really was out of her nerves! I say, good for her. At last she acts as she should have done since the very beginning.

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

7. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

Pretty good ep, but why was everybody fighting at the wedding? It obviously didn't have anything to do with the murder.

8. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

I wondered the same while seeing the epi. But I guess it is that kind of things -the way TPTB introduce the crimes- what makes CSI franchise a great and original show.

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Exactly it is a crime show after all! It wouldnt be right for them to actually explain the argument farther than show how the crime is solved!!

10. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

I grated it A+. Okay maybe it's because I'm pro-Mac :devil: But then again he's one of the leading caracters. Uhr.. right? The storyline of the wedding confused me a bit, espc. the beginning, it was a bit lame, but like Natty said., it's a crime show. My attention got caught when Stella found the package on her truck. Everyone in the crime lab is getting used to get back at Mac. Sure, I agree, the storyline of Mac shouldn't be too long. When this is resolved, I think Stella's storyline is next. Wonder where that's going :lol:

11. darksheep

darksheep Dead on Arrival

Me too. Supergeek! I think I'm falling a little in lurve. :D

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Good points about Lindsay in this ep. I think what bugged me the most was how she couldn't be bothered to help Adam with the puzzle until Mac came in and said it related to him. She's such a brownnoser! :lol:

I also love the stuff with Danny. He really does get emotionally invested in the cases, especially when it comes to how other people--particularly children--are affected by crime. That's a nice thread of continuity that's been maintained throughout the entire run of the show, and one of the reasons I adore the character of Danny. He's not just doing the job, he's not just trying to impress the boss, he's not just trying to get ahead; he really cares.

:lol: So true. But I thought that line was ironic because Danny does take crap from people and just internalizes it. Lindsay, Mac (s. 1), his brother in the past--Danny is something of a punching bag for those he cares about. And he absolutely "takes it." Not sure the line was supposed to be ironic, but it did stand out.

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I love that about Danny too. It's also great when he and Flack discuss the injustices and why they do what they do.

That's true. He does take crap from many people. By that point in the epi. I was already so irritated with Lindsay's non-work ethic she was the one who came to mind. I would've loved to have seen an exchange between Danny and Flack walking out of the interrogation and Flack being all, "Dude! You take so much crap from other people it's not even funny."

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

And then Danny could make those big, pretty, puppy-dog eyes and be like, "But I don't have to deal with it from my best friend," and Flack would be like, "Damn straight, let's go get a pretzel." :p

15. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

^^ Yeah, loved that side of Danny too, specially his last line on the episode, "What do you think his eyes are going to look like when he find out daddy is gone away...", he really looked angry while saying this.

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"