Grade 'One Wedding and a Funeral'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Well, the groom and George parted ways around midnight, so it couldn't have been that long. Your scenario is definitely possible, but it suggests less of the gut reaction anger that was alluded to in the interrogation. I assumed Timothy left the son's party, went to find out what Brett wanted, found out he wanted a new menu and snapped. Having all that occur over 10-12 hours takes some of the immediacy out of it.

True, and I also like that he's not perfect. The sanctimonious stuff tends to irk me, though, so I tend to not miss an opportunity to point it out when he's less than perfect. ;)

I think those last ten minutes were definitely dramatic when Mac saw the puzzle and realized it was the work of the 333 caller.

2. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

Didn't the groom called during the kids party, asked for a new menu and then Timothy left the party and spend the rest of the day and night preparing the new menu. Took him samples to try, the groom didn't try it, just said he wanted the old menu back. That's when Timothy snapped. Right? :confused:

A.

I really liked this episode! More episodes should be like this. Smooth case, no shippy stuff. It was fun too watch. The 333 thing doesn't bother me. I like it when it gets personal. ( personal, not romance)
    • NY is really beautiful!
    • Big hug to Flack! U are pretty!
    • Big hug to Danny! U are pretty too!
    • LOL It smells Danno? I love it how he always has a reaction to everything!
    • Flack seemed to feel for George. No wonder he was pissed later in the interrogation. Nice touch!
    • Cell in the belly? See Flack, it can happen to others too.
    • My first dead ringer. LOL Sid!
    • Danny’s laughing at Sid’s joke was adorable.
    • Yes Danno, the guy was stuffed. Bad Thanksgiving pun?
    • (Is it me or Danny & Flack looked prettier this week than they did all S3 & S4 so far? Danny’s smile is the best smile ever!)
    • Stella too, she was beautiful this week & I love her clothes.
    • Poor Stell, she thought it was a bomb. :(
    • Lindsay, stop asking so many questions. Stella is freaked by the bomb on her car, and you are not helping. Ok, it’s not a bomb. Now you can ask questions. :p
    • Stell, be careful. Drew is creepy even when he smiles. :( I love it when Stella is pissed!
    • Poor Adam! Alone with the big, evil puzzle. :(
    • He closed his eyes and picked? LOL Adorable!
    • “Welcome to my life!” Nobody saw nothing? Poor Donnie.
    • Flack & Hawkes making jokes? Me like it! :)
    • LOL Flack sending Hawkes to the dumpster! And looking out the window to see if it’s still there? LOL Evil!
    • Lindsay staring at the evidence that she already knows what it is. Huh?
    • I hate puzzles too! Why can no one help Adam?
    • Dude! You stuffed, dressed and moved your dead best friend? 15 shots of tequila? Don’t blame it on the tequila! Flack’s right. U is stupid!
    • LOL Flack needs water after that interrogation. I thought he was immune to stupid people. LOL
    • Danny is baking again. It’s yellow and gooey! LOL
    • Now he’s stabbing a pig. Bacon anyone?
    • Wasn’t the mother in law? LOLZ
    • How cute was the scene between Danny and Adam? Awww..
    • Danny, you gonna make Adam pay? Meanie! LOL Easiest 25 bucks ever, huh?
    • Love for Flack and Danny’s interrogation. Flack looked sad. Maybe he knows a thing or ten about fathers not being there at birthdays. :(
    • Danny showing compassion again. The look on his face was priceless.
    • They both looked like this case made a number on them.
    • LOL Is Danny the last not to know about the 333 thing? Somebody tell him!
    • Awww! The rooftop! That was a low blow! Poor Mac! :( At least Stell went with him.
    • Guess it’s back to Chicago!

The promo for the next episode was the most confusing one ever!

3. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

God I loved this episode, and I so cant wait for next week.

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok this got my second A+!!! Even though I started to loose track of the wedding case near the end I loved the puzzle case!!! Adam made the ep for me :D when he was getting stressed when he couldnt do the puzzle and his little face whan he put 4 pieces together was so adorable!! I loved the ending with Mac in Chicago when the stalker rang him :D I just loved it :D

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I started to put one together a looong time ago, but never actually worked on it--so I would have known it was 3D because of the foam backing, too. :p

You know, I bet you're right. That makes sense.

6. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Heh, as soon as Sid found the phone, I was hoping that Flack would be in the room when the CSI's were told about it, just so he could toss in a snarky comment about "been there, done that!"

7. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

ROFL, so true! It's very irritating.

I give this episode a B. It was good, although I was a little confused at the beginning as to why there was a brawl at the wedding. And it was way too obvious that the best man did it. He wasn't upset enough in that first interview scene with Flack.

But really, how did Adam, or anyone, not know right away that puzzle was 3-D? When I was a kid we had one or two of them, and those aren't pieces you can mistake for being a regular puzzle.

The episode really picked up for me when Mac got involved. I loved seeing him and Stella and Lindsay and Adam all work together. Actually, if I'm being totally honest, and this is silly, I know, but Lindsay and Adam kind of seemed like they could be kids to Mac and Stella's parental figures. :lol: I said it was dumb!

The 333 storyline has intrigued me all season, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it wrapped up.

8. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

I was so annoyed with that! they probably do pick out of a hat to see if we get the preview!

I gave the episode an A, I liked it. I thought it was one of the better ones. I loved the whole puzzle thing, It was neat how they put it together and the one empty spot was showing the where to go to get the next piece.

I loved Adam! he was adorable putting the puzzle together, and paying Danny to find out what that gooey stuff was.

And the the Flack and Danny interrogation scene was great!

9. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Awww, I know, he was sooooooooooo cute! I wanted to hug him and give him chocolate as a reward for doing so good. And maybe give him more than just a cuddle. :devil:

Yeah that was great. Mac was so deliciously intense in the last part of this episode. Awww, I felt so sad for him when he was talking about getting engaged on the Chrysler. Or was it just a nearby rooftop? Either way, poor Mac. That's just nasty of the stalker. :( Very romantic place to do it, though, I think, with that view and all. Maybe Mac actually had game once.
    I didn't like that Mac was all 'it's all about ME' again. Although this time it didn't come off as badly as it did in 'Comes Around' when it made him look like a paranoid egotisitcal p**ck, here it did make him look paranoid and even a little narcissitic. But I love Mac despite all his faults. I didn't like the way Stella went to see Drew TWICE and ALONE. Just like with Mac and the whole bloody shirt/it's all about me thing, the writers seem to be making her act out of chracter and stupid. I mean come on, Stella is smarter than that.

Did anyone notice that Danny seemed upset/on edge at the end of the interrogation scene with the caterer when he said 'How do you think (your son's) gonna look when he finds out Daddy's going to jail for 25 years'? He seems really emotional and on edge lately. Poor baby. But I like 'emo Danny' just like I like 'Intense Mac'. :)

I give the episode an A.

10. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

Interesting. I never thought of it that way, but perhaps it's foreshadowing??

11. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

the thing about Drew in this episode wasn't the fact Stella went to see him twice alone but the fact she called out the bomb squad, one would think he'd be brought in for a chat.

12. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

I gave it an A. :)

The opening teaser scene at the wedding was crazy! :lol: The wedding was ruined anyway, whether or not the groom died. Loved the shot of the two kids going off to sit on the stairs and watching the adults fight. :p

Compassionate!Danny is always nice to watch, Carmine never disappoints in scenes like these. ;) And you gotta love Danny and Flack doing interrogations together, hehe!

Stella really shouldn't have gone to see Drew alone. The creepy radar reading on Drew is sky high, why did she choose to confront him alone? Drew was clever though, opening up the package and fiddling with the puzzle pieces. That way, if his prints were found on them, he could attribute it to him having touched some of the pieces when Stella brought it to him. ;) And of course, he planted the "missing" piece in his office for Stella to find. That's how I saw it anyway.

Other thoughts:

- Danny and Flack both looked really pretty in the ep. Yum!

- Sid grimacing when he realized that there was a cell phone in the dead groom's stomach. I think I had the same expression on my face too. Ugh. And all that packing peanuts was nasty too. If I were Sid or Danny, I wouldn't be able to resist playing with the bubble wrap. *shaky fingers* Must...not...pop...!

- Adam putting together the puzzles. The poor guy, why did nobody help him with that? How cute was his elated expression when he figured out how the puzzles were put together? :D

- Was Danny the only one who still didn't know about the 333 caller? That reminds me of last season, when he was the last to find out about Mac and Peyton's relationship. :lol:

Can't wait to see how the 333 storyline will be wrapped up in next week's episode...and we're running out of new episodes! :(

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Funniest moment of the episode: That caterer guy asking, "You the feet police?" and Flack staring at him like he's an idiot. :lol: Oh, Flack, you can say so much with even a stoic face.

Danny laughed! Twice! So adorable. :D The bit where he stabbed that dead pig with the giant spatula thingy was amusing too, or rather, his expression while doing it. Like, "Eeeww, I'm stabbin' a dead piggy!" :lol:

Lots of Adam this episode, which was lovely to watch. His frustration at putting together the puzzle came across as very genuine. You just wanna hug him and tell him what a good job he's doing. And Danny asking twenty-five bucks from him for figuring out the mysterious goop ... Danny sure likes bets, doesn't he? I heartily await the bet that'll land him naked in the shower. :devil:

Oh, and the scene where Mac says the puzzle is his whole life? I'm sorry, but I kinda laughed because it was just so funny. :lol: I totally expected the lights to dim all around him and hear this 1950s movie soundtrack or something as he talked about himself in third person, haha!

14. Jools

Jools Victim

That was brilliant. I expected some typical one-liner but this was just perfection. :lol:

I'm surprised about the high rating though. Overall I found it a rather average ep, apart from the Mac-333 thing that will hopefully end soon. I was most bothered (like many) about the way they portrayed Stella, not only in relation to Drew but also that she - even after examining the evidence - assumes the puzzle has something to do with her, while nothing points in that direction except for the fact that the box was on her car.

I also seriously don't like Drew. He has 'not right in the head' written all over his forehead and I don't understand why Stella hasn't stepped up a little. At least Frankie seemed like a nice guy, this Drew is more transparant than my underwear.

I'll shut up now. :p

15. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Flack really can say so much in his expressions, I loved that scene so much. :D

Well, having seen the entire episode now I would probably rate it as a B-. Usually I find two case episodes preferable, but there was a strange flow between these two. The wedding case just didn't seem fully developed to me, I'm not sure why but I felt there should have been more, and there was the potential for more. *shrugs* As for 333 :rolleyes:...

I agree that the episode was pretty average, verging on dull. The puzzle itself was fun and pretty cool, but it just dragged. Adam was fantastic and Stella, who clearly isn't interested in Drew, was acting rather stupidly, which really just isn't in character imo. I didn't mind that she thought the puzzle was about her, I think that maybe that would be the natural reaction. But as everything is always about Mac we already knew better. If it's strange for Stella to assume it's about her, then it is beyond ridiculous for a puzzle that is essentially a Manhattan landscape to be all about Mac's life. :rolleyes:

And I really want an explanation as to how this guy knows everything about Mac. He's a truly awesome stalker in a way that is just beyond belief. Mac is by all accounts a very intelligent man and a fantastic detective. Yet he has been outsmarted in every way by this stalker, and I fear that his awesomeness will probably never be explained to my satisfaction. I'm used to and expect to find the cases in these shows to be improbable and silly, but this particular story arc, which I'm sure seemed like a good idea at the time, is very difficult to engage with and leaves me wanting to knock some serious sense into Mac.

"It started in London..." :rolleyes: *dies a little inside* I will be very glad to not hear that story again!