Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cubano

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alwayswrite05

alwayswrite05 Lab Technician

Re: Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cu

She’s already fallen for him and that’s the problem, in her mind anyway. That’s why she’s scared and that’s why Jake is still around. They had a past and he was handy, so when it became a little too clear where her heart was leaning, she grabbed hold of Jake with both hands because it was easy. He’s a glorified buffer zone.

As for whether he’s picked up on the vibe between Calleigh and Eric, I think he has. You’d have to be deaf, dumb, and blind not too. And though he’s a jerk and a oblivious when it comes to Calleigh, he’s not that stupid. He’s just so over confident that he’s got the girl that he doesn’t care. He’s lulled himself into a false sense of security.

I think we pretty much saw that in Built to Kill. Jake didn’t get in any professional trouble but I think his own near death experience makes things pretty clear: He was kinda just left hanging. She didn’t go see him at the hospital, she called the ER. Meanwhile, Eric got bedside visits and tears. It was “different” all right. Her feelings for Eric are leaps and bounds ahead of what she feels for Jake. And I don’t think her reaction would’ve changed much just because they’re actually dating now.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I think Jake has some sense of the feeling between Eric and Cal. We sort of saw it in Sunblock when Eric apologized. After Jake said that since it doesn't bother Cal it doesn't bother him, he had this look on his face like maybe something slightly dawned on him like "like why would it bother Cal in the first place that Eric knows?" Also there is no telling that Jake didn't hear Eric's comments to Cal about him not liking the situation with her and Jake in Deep Freeze.

While Jake might come off as stupid he can't possibly be that stupid. A blind person would be able to sense the range of emotions Cal and Eric go through when they are together. So I think he has an inkling but he is too much into himself to actually think that Eric might be a threat etc. Which means he has no idea that he stands a snow ball's chance in hell of actually ever being the only one for Cal ;)

As for Cal, she decided to forsake what was true (Eric) for what was easy (Jake). She hides her emotions well and when she felt that her walls were slipping and her emotions were becoming clear and out of control she ran to something familar and someone where she could hide her emotions; Jake.

3. FluffyBlonde

FluffyBlonde Witness

To quote a favourite tv show of mine, Jake has a IQ lower than a glass of water (Or his physical age is over 18 but his mental age is not.)

Drommie

XOXOXOX

4. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Hope we all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

You know, if they turn Eric into a ‘love sick puppy’ I will seriously turn the show off, dedicated as I am. Nothing irks me more than when shows changes the characters personality without offering any explanations or reasons.

Okay. Jake, Hagan Elliot. What do these guys all have in common? Their egos? Yes. But for me it is their love of control and power. Hagan in particular wanted to be her ‘hero’ (and no I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the criminologist John Hagan came up with a ‘power and control’ theory ;) ).

So why does Calleigh go for them? Because they have the control her father never had. He was reckless with his alcohol misuse and, as we all know, alcohol reduces control. The men she dates are all able to control their actions, but then they want to control their environment. Including the people around them. Calleigh doesn’t want to be controlled.

Eric is very sensible, but he wears his heart on his sleeve, and that scares Calleigh because he makes her feel out of control. We just have to wait for her to realize that Eric may have the right idea.

Wonderfully put. Jake is suffocating her as well as himself. The fact that he lied will make him lose his balance up there, and we’ll have to tell him not to hit his head when he falls off.

No, and he never does. He is always willing to go out on a limb for her and she is for him. We’ve mentioned this before but he is definitely ‘the ying to his yang’. :D

5. MiamiLvr2024

MiamiLvr2024 Guest

I also think that Cal is afraid of truly letting her feelings for Eric show. Every guy she has fallen for a little more than usual, has broken her heart. She is afraid that...in some distant far away place, in the middle of nowhere... Eric could break her heart and that is the last thing that she wants to happen.

She knows the potential her heart has for Eric but also knows that it is something she has never felt before. Cal knows that once she crosses that point, in which she is holding herself at right now, she will fall so deeply in love with Eric. Then IF something were to happen, she would never be able to recover.

She is holding herself back from a relationship that is so connected and true because she is afraid. She never knew that after all her bad luck in guys, someone so perfect (ERIC) could come and save her.

But why she is holding herself back with Jake, of all people, is beyond me.

She just needs to know that he would never hurt her, and that is the last thing he would want to do. She also needs to know that she could never lose her best friend, no matter what and he will always be there for her.

6. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Jake’s a safety net. She knows him so well (as they dated before) and she knows what to expect. That knowledge keeps her safe, in her eyes. She has played his games and knows all his moves.

As well as she knows Eric, he's still a mystery to her in terms of relationships. She fears getting hurt by the unknown.

And welcome, by the way. :lol: Sorry, I forgot to say 'hi'
    And 'the Big apple‘? Another NY-er ;) he he.

7. MiamiLvr2024

MiamiLvr2024 Guest

Good point. And thanx. This subject is addictive and you forget to say HI. Understandable by all here who love Miami.

8. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

Welcome newbies!

Jacks, I just found out about the icons a few days ago. When you go to your profile, you can put a link of the picture you want to put up for the icon. I'm not artistic by any means so I just asked for help and borrow other people's icon/banner. You can go to FanArt section and there's great talent pool over there. Or you can make one and just put it on a website and link it from there.

I looooooovvveeeee that article! It's soooo true! This ship is definitely sailing! And if the writers' strike get resolved soon, hopefully this weekend, maybe we'll get something solid to hold on to. Like Calleigh actually saying her opinion/feelings about her and Delko...maybe with a girlfriend who's visiting or coming to the lab for work(from season one, I had the feeling that she has a small group of girlfriends that she hangs out with when not being a workaholic when that lawyer friend of hers got killed) or around Alexx...<sigh> anyway, I'm just so happy that the writers (both columnists and script writers) are seeing it our way, finally!

9. brookeAp3

brookeAp3 Rookie

Actually if you watch Jake in the background of that scene he watches them for a second and is annoyed that Cal kind of forgot about him as soon as Eric came out. Then he storms back into the building before Eric says anything.

But I agree that Jake would have to be blind not to realize that something is going on. But he is full of himself so he doesn't believe that Cal would break up with him. He is going to be in for a nasty surprise if Stand Your Ground was any indication of how Calleigh is feeling.

Cal has always known that Eric would be there for her, but before she was just looking at him as a friend who would always be there. Now she is seeing him in a different light and isn't as certain what he is going to do in terms of a romantic aspect. But he's been showing her how much he cares and she is finally starting to think about what they could have is she can over come her fears.

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

That is going to be the big hump for Cal; getting over her fears of her own emotions. It is obvious she really doesn't care about the whole frat rule (as dumb as that is). Telling Eric that them dating would be a bad idea was just another way of her diverting the subject away from her feelings.

She can't deny that she needs him though. No matter how hard she tries, she always needs him emotionally. Stand Your Ground was a great example I thought. As much as she tries to put up a strong front and never break down her initiating the hug was important. It seemed like Eric was more than happy to settle for her letting him put her arm around her but she leaned into him and then grabbed his hand.

She is not ready to face her emotions but I think she is getting there; little by little. I think it is a definite plus for her to know that no matter what happens or who she is with, Eric will be there for her.

11. brookeAp3

brookeAp3 Rookie

I agree she is letting her emotions show through more each episode. And her letting Eric comfort her is a good sign, even better how she reached out for him. I think it is just a matter of time until she can't ignore what she feels for him, no matter how much it scares her.

I was watching the toothing episode yesterday and I just love how they don't hesitate to tell each other anything. When Eric told her Stetler thought it was about Speedle he didn't have to think about it he just told her what was going on. These two don't play games and pretend like nothing's wrong like they do with everyone else. Which just goes to show why their relationship will work out. Because they do trust each other with their lives. All they have to do now is trust each other with their hearts.

12. FluffyBlonde

FluffyBlonde Witness

And All HipHuggers will rejoyce. Thank god for that. Is it four or five years they've been dragging this out now?

I haven't seen the toothing episode yet. (Living in England sucks. From the not being able to watch Series 6 of CSI Miami to the fine drizzle that is captured by the wind in such a way that no matter which way you turn you always get a face full of water. I HATE it with a passion.)

This reminds me of the friends theme tune. Thats a good song. A nice cheerer upper.

Drommie

XOXOXOX

13. calleighsthebest

calleighsthebest Hit and Run

It is going to be soooo awesome when they eventually get together! I can't wait! It will happen.

Oh and Drommie the toothing episode was in season 3 i think it was 'killer date' 3.20. Here's a clip
    It was a cool episode!
    I hate the drizzle too, only its absolutely throwing it down here now, so drizzle wouldn't be too bad! I'm gonna move somewhere hot and dry as soon as i can!

14. FluffyBlonde

FluffyBlonde Witness

My mum says that its not going to happen. She of little faith. We'll be the ones laughing when it happens. WE WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH!!!

Normally its very sunny in hemsby all year round. As soon as we move there ... It rains. I own some kind of personal weather curse.

Drommie

P.S Does anyone think that it would be too much of a cliche to have a picture of my baby as my avatar? 10 posts to go!

XOXOXOX

15. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Hiphugaholic, thanks! I'm ridiculously impaired when it comes to fancy technological things!
    Well said! That's one of the things that I really like about this relationship...it isn't like many of the relationships we see in real life today. People think and care only about themselves, so they have no problem playing jelous and sabotaging someone else's relationship just so they can be happy. Eric on the other hand is willing to take a step back for Calleigh's sake. More pople in real life (and especially in tv/movies) need to do that!

Oh I agree completely! Jake is safe because the feelings she has for him don't run as deep as the feelings she has for Eric, and if she's convinced she'll get hurt in a relationship, she's bound to know that breaking a stronger bond (Eric) is going to hurt more than breaking a weaker one (Jake) Again, I don't think Eric would hurt Calleigh. Obviously couples do have problems, but that will be good because she'll come to see that it can be worked out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.