Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cubano

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Re: Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cu

The episode review is up:

I love it.

2. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

^Oh...my...word...that is perfect!
    Thank you! That is SOOOOO true, he was there for her, no questions...no issues...just there for her 100%! :D
    I love that, that is so true...Adam played out Eric's feelings for Calleigh perfectly in this eppy, well done Adam! :D
    I think I would have written that to say..."Calleigh's face suggests she knows Jake isn't the good guy in the picture for her. But that's me... ;)

Fabulous review...that was amazing! E/C is alive and beautiful! :D

3. brookeAp3

brookeAp3 Rookie

YAY another Brooke!! :lol: Our name has become so popular. I'm friends with two Brooke's and know others. Anyway welcome!

That review is perfect!! I'm glad they mentioned the way Adam played the whole episode! And I am certain that Eric is they ONLY good guy for Calleigh!!

4. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Adam is the only good guy between him and Jake and definitely the only good guy for Calleigh...heck he's the only guy for Calleigh period! :D And yeah Adam, Adam was perfect in that eppy...he played him with a steady, strong, compassionate, tender love for Calleigh through the whole thing that would make any girl melt and you can tell that Calleigh most definitely did! Yay! :D

Now bring on the kiss...and then the smex! :devil:

5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

That is one of the things I love about this triangle...Eric/Adam isn't a love sick puppy. Adam protrays Eric as caring very deeply for Cal w/o it coming across as gushy. Throughout the ep he kept his emotions steady and constant. He gave us exactly what we expected of him; compassion and strength.

Even after his shooting Eric has remained a constant in Cal's life and vice versa. That aspect, I think, is what makes this ship very appealing. Without the words actually being said you know that no matter what they will be there for each other.

With J/C, you don't get that feeling at all and I think Cal is starting to realize that, with Eric she doesn't have to ask for his help or support; he is there no matter what but with Jake she has to confront him about things in order for him to understand what she is feeling/thinking. The result of which was Jake going back to the scene after Cal confronted him to look for evidence, not before. Not to mention that he didn't call her or seek her out to ask how she was doing....and in the scene in front of the store I got the impression he didn't totally trust her story. And we know Cal is all about trust.

6. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Eric respects Calleigh's relationship with Jake. (Another reason why he's the real stand up guy here. :D) He may not like it at all, but he's not trying to sabotage it or come between Jake and Cal. And he's still always there when Calleigh needs him. He knows exactly when to keep his distance, and he knows when Calleigh needs him to be there. I would love just once for Jake to see that. Eric respects Calleigh's relationship with Jake, but somehow I don't think Jake would be so forgiving, even though on the surface there is nothng going on with Eric and Cal right now. Deep down, that's another story because there has always been something going on between Eric and Cal, they just haven't seemed to realize it at the same time yet.

I still like Jake and Cal, but I would like one more time just to say how disgusted I am that he didn't ask if she was okay. He's her freaking boyfriend! He should've been right there! But in reality, who was there? Eric. Aww. That says a lot. :D

Now we just need a kiss to seal the deal. :D By then, neither of them would be able to back off, even if they wanted to. :D

7. brookeAp3

brookeAp3 Rookie

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Exactly!! Being the stand up guy that he is he has accepted that Calliegh is with Jake. And even though he wants to be with her he isn't the type of guy to try to ruin their relationship. He will just always be there for her and he makes sure that Cal knows it.

8. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE!!!! :D

I would have hated if they turned Eric into this vindictive jealous person who only wanted to ruin J/C's relationship. He is doing the honorable thing while at the same time letting Cal know he still cares. Eric is the stand up guy..not Jake ;)

9. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I've wondered lately if Jake is aware of Eric and Calleigh's relationship, or Eric's feeling for that matter. It really doesn't seem like he's noticed at all. I don't get the feeling that he's in tune with Calleigh, therefore I don't think he's really in love with her. A man is love, well, acts like Eric, not like Jake. The J/C relationships seems really immature, like two teenagers dating for the first time not knowing how they're actually supposed to act because even though they tell themselves they're omg so inluv, they're just fucking 13.

I'd like to know how Calleigh would've reacted if the tables had been turned and Jake got in trouble and not her. You know she would've just lectured him about drinking and then going to work and not being careful. I'm not seeing a lot of caring between these two.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

10. MiamiLvr2024

MiamiLvr2024 Guest

HAPPY THANKGIVING everyone!!!

I would also like to see how Cal would react to a situation in which Jake got in trouble. Especially that reaction compared to one she would have for Eric if he got in trouble.

I agree, I dont think Jake has a clue about the E/C relationship. There arent just two people that work together but great friends who care so much for each other and have reached each others trust. This is alot more than we can say for the J/C relationship. Jake didnt even have the manliness to show any feelings of sensitivity toward Cal after her near death experience and added with the lying, Eric is definitely, once again, the clear choice.

Calleigh's feelings are kind of like a see-saw. Right now Eric is at the bottom and all her trust, love, and care is falling onto him, "her rock" who can handle everything that comes with a woman. In contrast, Jake is is at the top, getting nothing and suffocating. Its not gonna be long before he is struggling for his last breath and Calleigh's last string of care for him, and their relationship dies completely. Then everything will go toward the E/C relationship and Jake, well, just wont be in the picture anymore!

11. FluffyBlonde

FluffyBlonde Witness

We don't have thanksgiving in the Uk. Its a bit of a bummer. Happy Thanksgiving!!

I can't wait for Jake to bum off back to wherever the hell he came from. I think he's too self involved to realise Eric has feeling for Calleigh.

I have a rock ...

Drommie

XOXOXOX

12. Heather_lewis

Heather_lewis Witness

Jake is just orbiting his own ego. He is to selfish and egotistical to realise that Eric has feelings for Cal.

Hes probably one of those guys who likes to been seen with the hot girl and he thinks he is so hot and good in bed that the hot girl (Cal) will never leave him no matter how bad he treats her. Kinda like the jocks in teen movies.

Pros and cons of jake....
    pro:....
    con:egotistical
    pro:.... ummmm
    con: Selfish and self obsesed
    pro:....:confused:
    con:He's a liar
    Pro:....ummmmmmm :confused:
    I dont think I really need to go on :lol:

Eric how ever is perfect for Cal. He makes her laugh, he comforts her, he loves her and she loves him. How great was Jake at comforting Cal, he was brillant at it wasnt he. I mean he didnt show any feelings of sensitivity toward Cal after she nearly could have been killed and then on top of that he lyed to her.

Jake really needs to go and soon. Cause Cal doesnt seem like the kind of person how would put up with a jerk like that and keeping him in is making her charecter look bad. Also I don't know if anyone else feels bored by the triangle but I am. Its been well written but it is starting to drag on just a little to long.

We don't have thanksgiving over here in the Uk, but happy turkey day to all :lol:

13. StarDuquesneEMT

StarDuquesneEMT Rookie

Eric and Calleigh are connected on a level that I don't think Jake would recognize if it danced the can can naked in front of his face. To be fair, it probably stems from his undercover work, where he's always acting, always protecting himself, but I wonder if he went into UC in the first place so he wouldn't have to grow up. On the surface, Calleigh is always together, always fine, hating to be seen as anything less than perfectly capable, and Jake just goes with that because he can't see what she's hiding. He's not in tune enough with her to know what else is there, and he probably figures if something's wrong she'll tell him. That's not how she works though. Eric's the only one she could ever admit to not being okay with because she doesn't have to admit it; he just knows. I really do believe that Jake loves her in his way, but his way just isn't compatible with the reality of what she needs. He misses the point with her constantly, not because he doesn't care, but because she's changed and he just doesn't reaelize that. He'll always be the cocky one with conquests that he has as trophies, and she still looks like the prom queen/cheerleading captain. But she's grown enough to know that there's more than that out there, and to want it even if she's scared of it at the same time. With Jake she's clinging to what was probably the first happiness she had in her life, but she's not so invested that it will devastate her when it ends. And in her experience it's when, not if. To her, going with Eric means that he will end up out of her life, and he's her oxygen, she can't do without. But finally she's starting to see a glimpse of forever and starting to think maybe going with him could mean that what they have gets even better, and that it doesn't necessarily have to end badly. And every day she gets a little closer to taking the plunge.

I wonder if they're going to deal with Jake's drug use from Going Under...

14. calleighsthebest

calleighsthebest Hit and Run

It's true Eric has always been there for her, no matter what, and he reads her so well, better than i think anybody has ever been able to. It scares her how close she and Eric are, thats why i think she's not ready to enter a relationship with him yet. With Jake she doesn't care so much so if it ends she won't be so hurt, but the idea of letting Eric close enough to possibly hurt her (not that he ever would!) is whats stopping her.

We don't celebrate thanksgiving but I just went to my american friends for her first thanksgiving in the UK,so happy thanksgiving!

15. brookeAp3

brookeAp3 Rookie

Calleigh realizes that if she gets close to Eric and things don't work out (in some alternate universe) then there is the possibility of her losing her best friend, her rock. Wether she realizes it or not she needs him to be there. Needs him to know exactly what she needs without pushing. So the fear of losing him and in turn getting hurt is making her run away. But she is slowly starting to let herself fall for him. Starting to see what they could have if she can work up the courage to take the plunge. One that will most definitely pay off!!

My grandma was going around the house today singing "It's beginning to look a lot like turkey day." :lol: It was quite funny! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.