Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cubano

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Re: Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cu

Leela thanks for the caps...*Mo stares at them and swoons...again!* I don't know that I am quite coherent yet this morning, I was awake for quite awhile last night rehashing E/C in my brain... :lol: Staring at that pic again, I just love how tightly Calliegh grips his hand and how completely she sinks into him...he is her safety net, her lifeline like someone said...and I love that! For everyone else she has to be strong and in control and even on edge, but Eric is the one person the whole eppy who got to see her vulnerable and hurt and sad....I LOVE that! That shows so much trust and love between them....yay!!

And basically it comes down to, like y'all have said, that Eric is the better man...better for Calleigh clearly, but just better over all...he was there for her, held her, believed her immediately, was honest with her (asking her about the drinks even when he knew it could hurt), and cared very much how she was doing and if she was okay, and was willing to let her jerky boyfriend take credit for something when he totally didn't have to...that is the better man, so much above and beyond better!

Jake is going...and if Jake doesn't go...well, Jake is going...be it by a plot device or a big group of E/C shippers tossing him off the nearest pier...the man is going and that's all there is to that! :lol:

2. Hip_hugga_lovah

Hip_hugga_lovah Lab Technician

All I could say was OMG!!!! That hug was just the sweetest most adorable thing ever. I had a complete squee moment when she grabbed his hand and nuzzled closer to him. Eric is so her lifeline like someone else said and she has so much trust in him to break down like that. Emily was excellent in last nights ep. Stetler was an ass like always and she gave it him although a part of me wanted it to be Jerkly but whatever her performance was great. Eric on giving credit to Jake shows who's the better man. To be honest after he said it I was like "ALL COME ON". In the flashback scene they seemed pretty cool with each other when he asked Eric for help. Cal watching Eric for a second,like he did her last season when he came of the elevator, let's us know she falling for him. The ending was kinda stupid I mean I was expecting Cal to at least have the last scene being that the ep was kinda built around her.

3. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

His lips were so close to her; how cute would it have been if he had whispered something like, "you're okay; I've got you," and then kissed her hair? Aw! :D

Somebody said something about wishing we could've seen Eric's eyes when Calleigh leaned into him? That would've been just that much more perfection in a perfect scene. How perfect would it have been to see him close his eyes, glad he can comfort her but unable to ignore how good she feels in his arms? Aw. :D

And when Eric said "they were coming back to kill you,", could anybody else sense his utter fear? Aw. The very idea of losing her scares him to death.

Bottom line; Eric's a sweetheart. :D If Calleigh doesn't want him, I'll happily take him. :lol:

4. Hip_hugga_lovah

Hip_hugga_lovah Lab Technician

isn't Calleigh suppose to get all worried about Eric going an a roof for some evidence or something? And Have you've read the title for nexts week:My Nanny!! What kind of damn episode title is that?!?!?!

5. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

OK. I'm here.

"I'm not like your old man?" WTF Jake?

"stand up guy"? What, like a comedian? I'm not laughing...

I recorded this episode, watched it as a fan, then re-watched it as a psychologist (geek).

As a fan : *squeeeeeeeeee* hugs rule!

As a psychologist: finally a f'ing breakthrough! Sky, I get what you said about people blaming their failed/fear of relationships on past issues being annoying, but from a psychological standpoint it is true.

We did about feral children who had suffered extreme privation and how it affects their cognitive development and subsequent ability to form attachments. I'm not saying Calleigh suffered privation she definitely had attachment figures (mom, dad, brothers) but she definitely lacked appropriate role models which, in turn, plays apart in her attachment type.

I'd class her as 'Type B - avoidant/insecure'. She has the ability to form attachments (as we see with her friends and, unfortunately, Jake) but she lacks the trust and confidence needed to form deeper relationships, so she avoids and represses these feelings when they arise . She fears being left or hurt.

What we saw when she grabbed Eric’s hand was a breakthrough, she’s fighting it.

:lol: now that I’ve bored you all to death, I’ll go.

Oh, and someone write a fanfic! :)

6. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

The ep overall was good. Emily rocked her lines and scenes and I really really hate Stetler now more than ever. ;)

What was up with Ryan telling Natalia that "he guesses they should help Cal?" WTF?? She bends over backwards for everyone else and he is "guessing" that he should help prover her innocence?? Seriously get over yourself buddy.

Eric was great in the hug scene and I absolutely loved the close up of their hands touching. :D She totally took a moment to stare at Eric when he called her back to crime scene.

Did anyone else notice how much it pained Eric to say that Jake was a stand up guy?? But it dawned on me later that he doesn't know what role Jake played in Cal being in trouble with Stetler! Eric thinks he was trying to help Cal when in the end he did it b/c she totally made him feel guilty about all the drinks he had!! Cal so knows it and that is probably why she was surprised that Jake asked Eric for help with the evidence. You can tell Cal is starting to question everything that is Jake; especially when it came to his alcohol consumption. She knows that that is something she soooo does not need in life; another heavy drinker.

I also think she began to realize, when she was covering for Jake in relation to the bar bill, that being with him is not the best thing for job...it is actually only causing problems. So in the long run she will probably choose her job over him more than likely b/c of this situation and the position it put her in.
    In the interview in TV Guide mag it was stated that what happened in this past ep would complicated things to come in future eps for J/C. Now that would make sense considering the way they left it open last night...

but Jake IS NOT in the next two eps. :confused:

I mean how long are they going to drag this thing out? While it is written well, it is starting get a little old and boring now. They need to finish this up and move on.

7. StarDuquesneEMT

StarDuquesneEMT Rookie

Something just occured to me. Stetler can give Calleigh and eeryone shit about dating coworkers and all, but he doesn't care that the one she's dating is the one investigating her alleged misconduct? WTF??? The man as outdone himself with the inconsistency this time.

And a thought about Jake. I think he really does love Calleigh in his own way, and it may even be what she needed once. But she's not the same woman she was right out of college. Jake may mean well, and I really believed that until he lied to her face last night, but he doesn't know how to handle her, and he can't be the kind of man she needs, because he's an eternal teenager stuck in the bad boy wannabe role. He can't function in an adult relationship, and on sheer maturity she left him in the dust long ago.

Eric has proven over and over how well he knows Calleigh. Her moods, her quirks, when to reach out and when to back off, it's all instinctive to him on a level that no one else even acknowledges. She says "I'm fine" to anyone else and they take it at face value or at least as the sign to back off. Eric can tell by the tone, inflection, and look in her eyes what degree of not fine she is and what she needs him to do about it. And when she really breaks, he's the only one who can make the pieces fit back together. All the king's horses and the king's men have no hope with her, but Eric's got it covered. I think it scares her how much she truly needs him in her life, but when it comes down to it she just clings to him like there's no tomorrow. And for her, in that moment, there wasn't. Her job defines the core of her being to such an extent that when it's threatened it's the end of the world. Because if she wasn't a decorated officer and leading firearms and toolmarks expert in the country, she doesn't know who she'd be. But even without that, she's still Eric's own private gravity. And he is hers. And sometimes that's all they need to keep going.

Wow, here I go again :lol: I decided I want her Jeep back. But there's a model of it on my shelf, next to the Hummer I built, Speed's motorcycle, and a whole bunch of horses :lol:

8. xxemilyrocksxx

xxemilyrocksxx Dead on Arrival

Jake had to acknowledge his lie to Calleigh about his drinking by asking for Eric's help!!! I love it! By asking Eric to collect the evidence, Jake admitted he had too much to drink and shouldn't be working... or risk compromising the only evidence that could clear Calleigh! Poor Jake... the look on Calleigh's face in that scene is priceless! She is DONE with Jake!!! And I bet he knows it... since Jake must have known Eric would be a stand up guy and tell Calleigh who really found the evidence! :)

9. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

Star, remember a couple of ep back when Cal and Jake supposedly broke up? That's why Jake was investigating her case, Stetler didn't know that they were still together and why Calleigh couldn't give Stetler a name for the drinks ordered. They were supposedly have broken up but secretly dating so that they can keep working together. So high school!

Calleigh already knows Eric is the one for her. It's just a matter of time.

10. delkolover

It is sooo only a matter of time before E/C gets together!

I really think that we will get something small at the end of the season and the majority of stuff between them will happen next season...I could be wrong but that is what I think will happen.

You could sooo see Cal's demeanor change when Eric mentioned Jake. She was all happy and giddy that Eric was there helping her and as soon as Eric mentioned Jake and him being the one who found the evidence...she got all serious. She knows exactly 'why' Jake did what he did. His days are sooo numbered. :D

11. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

GAH! I loved last night's episode. While they were hugging it looked as if Eric wanted to cry. I tried so hard not to squee during the hug. Poor Calleigh was going to blame herself for the death of the teacher.

I agree. She looked like 'Please don't mention that asshole to me.' I would understand her if she wouldn't want to talk to Jerk anymore. I would've smacked him personally.

12. StarDuquesneEMT

StarDuquesneEMT Rookie

Oy. Calleigh protected Jake because that's what she does, she protects people who are important to her. But I think she's more in love or like with the memory of what they had than the person he is now. My best friend called me during the scene where Stetler has the receipt so I missed that conversation, I'm waiting to get my hands on the ep to watch it again. She's the one person that can do that to me and not get yelled at :lol:

Anyone want to beta the confrontation between Calleigh and Jake that should have happened when I get it done? I should be waiting till I can watch the ep again, but I'm impatient, and I can always go back and add stuff later.

13. FluffyBlonde

FluffyBlonde Witness

This is gonna sound really sad but i've been watching disney vids (I'm 21 but you'd think i'm 6) and found the perfect E/C song.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsrP_ktr1g
    I'm very strange.

Drommie

XOXOXOX

14. delkolover

I just heard Rascal Flatts new song..."Take me There" and it is sooo E/C.

"Take Me There"

[Verse 1:]
    There's a place in your heart where nobody's been.
    Take me there.
    Things nobody knows, not even your friends.
    Take me there.
    Tell me about your momma, your daddy, your home town, show me around.
    I wanna see it all, don't leave anything out.

[Chorus:]
    I wanna know, everything about you.
    And I wanna go, down every road you've been.
    Where your hopes and dreams and wishes live, where you keep the rest of your life hid.
    I wanna know the girl behind that pretty stare.
    Take me there.

[Verse 2:]
    Your first real kiss, your first ture love, you were scared.
    Show me where.
    You learned about life, spent your summer nights, without a care.
    Take me there.
    I wanna roll down mainstreet and backroads like you did when you were a kid.
    What makes you who you are, tell me what your story is.

[Chorus 2x:]
    I wanna know, everything about you.
    And I wanna go, down every road you've been.
    Where your hopes and dreams and wishes live, where you keep the rest of your life hid.
    I wanna know the girl behind that pretty stare.
    Take me there.

I wanna roll down mainstreet.
    I wanna know your hopes and your dreams.
    Take me, take me there.
    Yeeeaaaahhhh.

15. Sab

Sab Witness

that's funny because I first heard the song a few months ago and I thought of them to. I was going to work on a vid for it, but then I heard about episode 9 and I wanted to wait for caps of it because I needed the hug in the vid. Now that it's out there I might do it still. I already made a Paris/Torres Voyager video to it. I just LOVE Rascal Flatts!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.