From the Frontlines of the Writers' Strike

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Nov 20, 2007.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

The Writers Guild of America strike began several weeks ago, but on Friday, November 16th, fans were given the unique opportunity to join the picket lines with the CSI: Crime Scene Investigation writers at the home of the show, Universal Studios in Universal City, CA. CSI scribe <font color=yellow>David Rambo</font> invited fans to join the writers from 10am to 2pm, in picketing outside Gate 2, near to where the CSI offices are located.

[​IMG]

Carrying signs with official lettering reading "Writers Guild of America On Strike" and "The Writers Guild Strikes!" and signs with the WGA logo and personalized slogans, such as "No Nerds, No Words," "Wannabe Writers Support Writers, Too!" and individual show names, the writers and their supporters walked in front of the gate for hours, as some of the drivers of the cars that passed by on the busy street honked their horns to show their support. The writers, who are fighting for increased DVD and internet residuals, generally picket in two four hour shifts every day. Writers from other shows, including Friday Night Lights, Battlestar Galactica and Law & Order, picketed nearby, either at Gate 2 or one of the other entrances to the large studio.

[​IMG]

CSI scribe <font color=yellow>Allen MacDonald</font>, who got his start on CSI as a writers' assistant, proudly carried a sign displaying his show's name on it. MacDonald, whose roster of episodes includes "Toe Tags" and "Empty Eyes" also had an hand in penning last week's "Goodbye and Good Luck", which saw the departure of <font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font>'s character Sara Sidle. The episode aired the night before the picket, and Fox's departure was naturally on the tip of everyone's tongue.

<HR ALIGN="CENTER" SIZE="1" WIDTH="45\%" COLOR="#007BB5">

To read the full articles, please click here.<center></center>

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Does this mean fans can picket with the writers tomorrow?

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Aww, I love the pictures, K! ^_^

It's great to see writers, actors and fans all gathered in one place to support the strike. Whatever we might feel about the strike as a whole, you've gotta respect the guys and gals that stand on the picket lines to support their cause. :)

4. artem

artem Civilian

Go there and support them if you can

link removed for spamming--Top41

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I believe so! It's a public rally, so the idea is 'the more, the merrier' I think.

Thanks! I really love the one of all the CSI writers--that was a pretty cool shot. Someone else organized it, so I can't take credit, but I think it came out great.

Definitely. :cool:

6. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Indeed, I have some friends who attended the Battlestar Galactica convention in Burbank last weekend. During their visit, they picketed with the writers from BSG and other shows. :)