Grissom & Sara #31 : Yes. Let's Do It.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Turtlebaby, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bengali13

bengali13 Rookie

That was...wow. I don't think I can ever look at "little" David Hodges the same way again. :lol: And I like the Wendy thing, but seriously, do they actually think it will be as popular as GSR?

Gil and Sara have a chemistry that no one else has on that show. It's like Dave and Maddie all those years ago, or Scully and Mulder. They tried to save the X-Files, but even after David D. came back, it still didn't have the spark from before. That is my biggest fear for CSI. If the writers don't come back and we have to wait too long for the return, it just won't have the sizzle that they have had until now. I know JF will be back, I just hope it's not to late for GSR to really shine.

I made the mistake of going to another ship's thread to see their reaction to Sara leaving, and read like four posts saying we are bashing them and that is why they hate us? WTF? Have we bashed anyone? I hope the mods don't just take their words for it and actually read our posts first. I love this ship and don't want any bad rep around the boards, ya know.

Well, keep the faith that we will get a Christmas miracle. The strike will end, the show will go on, and Jorja will miss her friends and come back to Gil's loving arms.

Go Team SO!!!

2. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

Anyone know where i can watch the full episode besides CBS??

3. bengali13

bengali13 Rookie

CBS.com shows it at 5 am the morning after. That is the only place I know of unless someone posts it on like youtube, or the unmentionable way of getting a copy.

4. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

im actually kind of excited for next weeks episode, but i want people to actually talk the Grissom about Sara leaving, i dont want them being all "..oh hes sad, just let him be" i think the reason the writers wrote a kind of comical episode just after Sara's departure was probably because they think that we need some humor from all the CSI cast after Sara leaving and not to focus on it too much ( which i hope they dont) or to try and make us feel better about her leaving, which, i must say, is a VERY risky game. :D :D

5. dirtylabrat

dirtylabrat Police Officer

I'm thinking about the WOAT cross over... when that grumpy FBI guy (sorry, I don't watch WOAT so I don't know his name) asked Grissom if he ever thought about quitting, and Griss replied with an "every day". Probably more so now without his lady. I think that's why she hated swing shift, because she was away from Grissom and her friends who made her horrific job tolerable because they functioned as a family.

I'm not interested in a funny CSI... the writers broke our hearts, last week. I'm gonna be sad and bitchy until Grissom is reunited with Sara.

Thanks the for the fanfic links... I still can't find the naighty voyer Hodges story though.

6. kristenelizabeth

kristenelizabeth Civilian

I wrote this in a fic called Only the Lonely.

Hope that helps :D

7. dirtylabrat

I just noticed your quote/signature...

Deifinition of GSR: LOVE!

:)

8. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

Back again after a long miserable abscence... :(

But! The swedish edition of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows are being released in 3 and a half hours, so I am overjoyed anyhow! :D

Yeah! Wedges FTW!! :D I love them. They are soo awesome and prettiful and slightly dysfunctional? :rolleyes: Come on, they are like Grissom and Sara. :lol:

Well, we support two different ships, we are bound to have some feelings about the opposite ones. What I think is the problem is that GSR is the one TPTB decided to make canon. It is kind of hard to work against a canon ship IMO, and that causes an even bigger schism between us.

I see us both as sides who are fiercly trying to defend our ship. That is causing the problem.

Or maybe they are jealous that we are the ones with the canon ship? ;) One of my pet peeves when it comes to shipping is those people who seemingly can't get over the fact that a FICTIONAL character suddenly has got together with another one that the person in question doesn't approve of. It really pisses me of when I see posts calling CSI 'The GSR Show'.

Seriously, Grissom has more screentime with Catherine than Sara. If Grissom would have gotten together with Catherine instead of Sara, wouldn't it be the "PureLove Show"? I'd like to say: Get over it. It is not worth spending energy on.

BTW, I've got a question since I haven't watched the episode yet (and probably not going to until March): Does Sara break up with Grissom? As in "I don't want to be with you anymore"? :confused:

OT- I was so depressed after GLGB, I cut my hair. And, mind you, I only cut my hair when I'm sad. Last time I cut it short was after reading the last Harry Potter book. Now I cut it even shorter >.< From bellow shoulder-length to chin-length. The thing GSR does to my brain...

9. dirtylabrat

GOD NO! Sara repeatedly reminds Grissom in the letter that she loves him, she has loved him forever, she always will love him, he is her ONE AND ONLY! She doesn't say that she's not coming back. Then again, she doesn't say that she will be back either. Just that she needs to bury some ghosts, and she can't do that in Vegas. The only thing that is loud and clear about the letter is that she is tired, and that she loves Grissom and that is the only home she has ever had. IMO, she is just causing more pain and ghosts for herself and Grissom. They are going to be haunted by the memory of each other, and eventually will have to seek the other out. He needs her. She needs him. They need each other. Obviously, Sara is not thinking straight at the moment. All she knows is that she is hurting, and that she loves Grissom. Well, honey, get over it, and come back to the man who loves you!

10. GSRfanatic25

GSRfanatic25 CSI Level One

i think her letter could be seen as a break up or taking a break letter...but i really thing the only break is them being apart for a while while she takes care of herself. while she fixes sara sidle in order to become sara grissom. i think kristenelizabeth said it perfectly in her story, about why sara said goodbye in a letter. somewhere deep inside me, it feels like a break up letter, but my hope springs eternal, because she IS coming back....i have to believe that she is just trying to find herself and trying to protect grissom from seeing her at her most vulnerable. it's not the best decision, IMO, but i think it's what she believes is best in her current state of mind!

of couse, when i go into theories like this, i start to think that these are not real people, and the writer's do not write them like continuous human beings, so their motives for sara could be COMPLETELY different from what we feel is going on!
    fanfiction is my best friend until she returns,...maybe even after depending on how they play it!!!

11. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

And we're pretty much in the presence of royalty. Awesome fic. You pretty much rock at life.

I didn't see the letter as a permanent goodbye (and we pretty much know it's not). I don't think Sara will be forced to come back to Vegas. She just has to get done what needs to be done and she'll be back in Grissom's arms. It's that simple.

12. idahomom

idahomom Hit and Run

Kristen Elizabeth...I love your writing! Oh my gosh! You capture GSR so wonderfully!!! Thanks for reading this thread. Keep up the good work.

I talked with my Dr. today about depression. She said there are two types of people:
    Those who realize they have a problem and do something about it (going in, getting on meds, etc.) Even if you can rationalize that you need help, that is a good sign to realize that something isn't right. She doesn't worry about them.

The other kind is those who don't think they have a problem and that something is wrong with everyone else. Those are the kind she worries about who will hurt themselves.

After our talk, I thought about how Sara the character was written. She is the first type, and I know she will be fine and return to her Grissom once she gets everything settled. Until then, I'll read Kristen Elizabeth and watch Seattle's videos.

"After all, tomorrow is another day."

13. dirtylabrat

Sara will recover. I'm more worried about how Grissom will handle this. Will he think she doesn't want him anymore? This is what he feared all along. As soon as he commited (and OMG he looked so terrified when he asked her to marry him) and surrendered to love, she leaves him. I know she's hurting, but she's also breaking Grissom's heart. And he's not a spring chicken anymore. Who knows. The writers will probably play it like nothing major happened, THESE ARE NOT THE DRIODS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AND GSR NEVER EXISTED. :(
    Damn it, Sara.

14. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

everybody is SOOO pumped for the episode when Sara returns, and this f***ing WGA strike came and screwed everything up (which is wierd because i completely support the strike) but i have another pesimistic comment..Jorja said she will be back and so did CM..but she never confirmed that she would be back full-time, i think they were just talking about her guest staring.. :(

15. dirtylabrat

...unless they bring her back as a corpse. :(
    I can picture the writers being that twisted, twisting the knife a little deeper into Grissom's heart.

I want to be optomositc, but GOODBYE sounded really final to me. That's not something you say to the love of your life who you plan on coming back to. It wasn't a please just give me time to heal, so I can come back to you. The GOODBYE is really freaking me out. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.