Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I saw that! I took my mother to see it for her bday, and i love beatles music as well. It was really great...bono was crazy in that! Also loved Joe Cocker as a bum, lol. I was impressed at the number of songs they fit in and the singing was great. The guy who sang 'while my guitar gently weeps' was incredible. I will have to see it again, there were so many subtle beatles references in the entire movie...

2. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

mandy9578, I've edited your post to hide the rest of it behind a spoiler code. It could be the summary of the movie, but you know, we can never be too sure :)

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Two fantastic movies I've seen the past two week's first "THE ASSASSINATION JESSE JAMES" very historical, and what a coniving..cruel..mean paranoid he was> Brad Pitt, was awesome, and Casey Affleck as the cowardly Bob Ford who shot him..was outstanding! what a bunch of low-lifes, in those old outlaw western days.. a bit slow moving, but it stuck with me, and what was interesting, was showing their lives in those days, and it carried on, and showed what happened to Bob Ford and his doofus brother, after the killing!

"AMERICAN GANGSTER' It was overwhelming and riveting and so fast paced, it took my breath away. The true story of the first black drug dealer, Frank Lucas, who overrode the Mafia in drug sales, I love true stories , and I looked up this guy on IMDB, and he look's nothing like Denzel, & he's still alive! Denzel Washington, protrayal of him was awesome. He was a slick-cool but so evil, drug kingpin in Harlem in the 60's. I think he should be nominated for an Oscar for this sensational role.. incredible. And Russell Crowe, his co-star equally good, I was shaking when I left the theater, very violent, and so many twists and turns. I had no idea how strong heroin trade was in those days in New York. The graphics and the time period, cars..clothing fantastic :eek:

I highly recommend seeing this one.. it blew me away!!!!

4. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

Deck The Halls

I loved this movie. I though is was so funny, I laugh throught the whole thing. I really did like the plot of the film. We have houses lit up that around where I live, much not as crazy. I would give this film/ 8/10

5. CSItame007

CSItame007 Victim

The last film I saw was "The Big Lebowski" (it took a while to get to, alright?). Anyway, it was a nice change of pace since today's newer movies are mostly about sex & blood. It's a great story without too much outside action to mess with the story. I thought it was awesome!

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ That movie is brilliant. I loved it. That scene at the end where they spread the ashes... Hilarious!

I really think Jeff Bridges should be in more films. He's an amazing, amazing actor. He was awesome in The Fisher King and The Door in the Floor as well.

7. Missing

Missing Pathologist

The Mist

Another Stephen King movie and I liked it. It had good suspense and I liked the moral drama that there is within the characters. There were even some funny parts. It is not a ghost story, more of an alien sci-fi thing. I have to say that the other people in the movie theater thought pretty much the same way I did and you could hear the same comments being said that I was thinking. It was a great movie theater experience and maybe that made the whole movie. But I do recommend seeing it if you like any other Stephen King movies as it seems to ring true to what he does.

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

The Green Mile

^^Isn't it another Stephen King movie? Anyway I only watched it to see Gary Sinise's short scene but I couldn't switch it off after I saw him. I just loved it even though I have to admit that I didn't understand some parts! :D

9. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Yeah it is. It's an awesome movie, although it's very sad at the end.

10. BabaOReilly

I too just saw The Mist and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It's not a happy-go-lucky movie though- the whole mood was pretty dismal. Aaron Eckhardt was really good though, as was Marcia Gay-Harden. And there was a moment when everyone in the theatre actually applauded! I don't see that very often.

Anyway, if you're into the slightly horror/sci fi/thriller genre at all, I'd recommend this movie. They did a good job with it, for sure. :)

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Yep I know! Im not ashamed to say that I cryed :(

12. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Was it the part where the guy shot the preacher woman. Because I got that too.

13. BabaOReilly

Yes, Missing, that was the part. ;)

Yes, I actually got teary-eyed a couple times in this movie, and that doesn't usually happen in these sorts of movies for me. I found Aaron Eckhards performance moving, and I think he was the one to make me cry both times. I should probably mention that I also thought the guy who played "Ollie" did a great job too. Very realistic.

14. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Awake

Was not what I was expecting but I wasn't disappointed either. Actually I am not sure what I was expecting in this movie because really how much screaming could you watch? The operation was a fraction of the movie as there was a much bigger thing going on. Although if you or someone you know is going to have surgery anytime soon you might not want to watch.

15. BlueDemon

BlueDemon Dead on Arrival

The Three Investigators and the Secret of Skeleton Island

I always wanted to see it when I was young. Also I'm older now I still went to see it and it was great. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.