Grissom & Sara #31 : Yes. Let's Do It.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Turtlebaby, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

Oh God. That ending was cruel. And so sad.

OK I admit it, a happy ending would have felt weird, too perfect, but still.

I can't believe she's gone.

Eight years. We finally get a kiss after eight years, and it's a goodbye kiss. SO not fair. And it came practically out of nowhere.

After she kissed him, I was like, expecting Grissom to run after her, you know ... what was he doing? I mean, he knows her, he knew something was going on, he could feel something was wrong, and he could've caught her before she left. but he didn't. That felt a little weird.

Anyway, there's some unfinished business here -obviously :eek:-, and I hope she'll be back if only for a few episodes as a guest star.

Oh and yeah ... a LETTER??!! :eek:

2. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

Of course we wouldnt get a happy kiss. We get a fricken goodbye kiss.

This episode was great and JF did a great acting job, but damn it sucked. Like really, it sucked knowing it was her last (hopefully not forever).

But poor Gil, the look on his face made me get choked up.

I just dont understand why we got a proposal scene only to have her leave? Its just like that coccoon, should have never been brought in only to be forgotten.

3. Jasmine

Jasmine Lab Technician

This SUCKS ass!!! I want to be so mad at Jorja Fox for leaving but i cant cause that's her life and she is going to do what she feels right for her. But it just so sad that she left. I havent watched the episode yet just the gsr clips and im just heart broken. I didnt like it at all i didnt like the fact that she just left like nothing and what about the proposal? Did she break it off? So many unanswered questions......im soooooooooooooooooooooo dissapointed!! :( :( :( :( :( :mad: :( :( :( :( :(

4. vixster

vixster Dead on Arrival

I live in the UK so i have only seen the GSR clips but i mean what were they thinkin!! i mean we only get 2 gsr things in her final episode!!! plus i want to know how sara moves out of their house without him knowing! i mean he would go after her surely!! plus why was everythin spoiled with the promo!! i mean we got the kiss in the promo so we were expecting it, but i was also expecting more and we never got it! im so unhappy right now and i hope they have somethin great for next weeks ep as i want the answers to all of the unanswered stuff in that one, like the proposal!!

5. seattlegsrfan

seattlegsrfan Police Officer

I don't think Sara's leaving was premeditated, I think the domestic disturbance case pushed her over the edge. When she threw away her boots, I think , is when she decided to leave. The Marlon & Hannah West case sucked her back in for a little bit, but it turned out wrong & she just wrote a letter to Gil, kissed him goodbye & went to the airport with the clothes on her back. She's not leaving Gil & their life together, she's going to "bury the ghosts" that she has been living with, so that she can come back to the "only home she ever had". I'm not sure she'll ever be driven to "speak for the victims" again, but I think we will see her come back to marry Gilbert.
    edited to add a link to my latest GSR vid, Big Girls Don't Cry about Sara leaving:(

6. dirtylabrat

dirtylabrat Police Officer

I was hoping that I would feel better this morning, wishing that it was just a bad dream. :( This sucks. I can't imagine Grissom without her.

7. SaraSidleRules8

SaraSidleRules8 Lab Technician

Wow you guys. I haven't been on here forever and it sucks it's times like this that brings people together.

I...Jesus LORD. I sobbed like a baby. In my mother's lap. I sobbed for ten minutes. I don't know if I sobbed because she was leaving or that letter she left him...

I just...wow.

I can't even think coherently. Why. WHY TPTB!? WHY?! DAMN YOU! I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!!

I'm just glad that she reiterrated like 5 times that she loves him and the part where she says "I'm afraid I'll self destruct and worse-you'll be there to see it happen." BROKE ME. SERIOUSLY BROKE ME. :(

And Hannah? Psssh. Did not feel a damned thing for her. Not at all. Little biotch deserved everything she got. "What goes around goes around goes around comes all the way back around yeah..." Justin Timberlake didn't know how right he was...

Well. This I know for sure. I am going to concentrate on Real Life right and take a desperately needed break from CSI. This was just the straw that broke the camels back for me. I could just see Sara falling apart through the whole thing. ANd it was devastating to watch.

How can a man SO smart be that dense? I mean really. I was SCREAMING at him to run after her after she kissed him in the lab. "Go after her. GO AFTER HER DAMN IT!"

I feel bad for him. I really really do. But, the thing is, HE should of been a little more proactive than he was about her situation.

And damn her for picking up her phone! And not walking in when he waved her in! Gah! I wanted to throw my beer bottle at the TV!

And Oh My Goodness! Was that a little Warrick foreshadowing there?! Wow. I didn't think TPTB had it in them.

The kiss?DAMN. THAT. WAS. THE. HOTTEST. THING. I HAVE. EVER. SEEN.

And saddest too.

It just royally SUCKS that we had to get it this way.

And did I mention that Jorja did a KICK ASS job on this episode? Phenominal. If she doesn't get nominated for an Emmy I am going to sue them. Seriously.

Is it horrible to say that in cahoots with the kissing scene I am also watching the letter scene because I am a friggin' masochist? I just LOVE the wording of that letter. Sometimes...then other times I hate it because it's TPTB and they don't want our GSR to be together. Poo on them.

This is sadder than The Notebook times 30. No lie. :(

I drank so much last night and cried so much last night that I have puffy eyes and I feel like I got hit by a train. Thank the LORD I asked for the day off today because I knew I would be in no shape to go to work.

My little fan girl heart is BROKEN. Thank you TPTB for making my life a living hell.

I will be awating Sara's return, but I will NOT be watching.

Just please please PLEASE I beg of you. Give us the happy ending we deserve.

::goes off to make videos and read fluffy fan fics::

8. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

Even now, almost a full 12 hours since the episode aired and I haven't read anyone else's reaction to it. I haven't read any of the four fanfics that have invaded my email inbox. I haven't... mourned?

There are so many different ways my brain is trying to sort this out. My heart hurts for Grissom but is cheering for Sara. The girl is stepping out and doing something for HER. She took a good look at her life and realized something needs to give. I don't know whether to be oh so proud of her... or disgusted because she did the one thing Grissom feared she would do. She left him.

Guys. She used the word 'was' to describe her life with Grissom.

I'm trying to figure out how one mourns the loss of a fictional character without seeming insane. I can't call people and bawl to them. I can't fall into a sea of depression because 'that one girl on CSI that she liked is gone'. I can just see my employees calling the State Hospital and having me committed.

Committed. *sniffles*

We all knew going into this (and I mean GSR) that in one way or another Sara was damaged. She was hurt young - and like a lamp that's been broken and glued back togther, she looked ok at first glance. But look closer and you can see the fractures. Reach out and touch it and you can feel the scars.

I wish she'd have talked to him instead of planting one on him infront of Hodges. I wish she'd have said I'll see you again - without saying Goodbye.

I wish our Sara wasn't so strong that she needed to do this alone. But, at the same time, I'm so glad she is.

I don't think the desire to leave was a new one. I think that she was having a hell of a day and that it was the straw that broke the camels back. She didn't think that what she did made a difference anymore. And that hurt me too. Then she had to tell a psychopathic little girl that her brother was dead. He was dead because she hurt him. He was dead because she had loved him too much. Or not enough. Or maybe both. A little girl Killed and Lost. A little girl with no one. Even I took the moment to pity Hannah. To want to somehow fix it and make it all ok.

Sara is taking steps to repair herself. She's brave enough to face the demons that have haunted her her entire life. She is STRONG dammit and she will be ok. I only wish is that she realizes that maybe, this time, she doesn't have to be the little girl all alone and breaking into a million pieces. She's got someone there to catch her. Someone who loves her enough to risk getting cut to pick up the shard remains and try to put her together again. She's got friends that would move the world to make her smile. She's got someone waiting in her corner when she wants to come home again. Sara didn't want to break. So she's leaving before she did. But if she does... I'm hoping she remembers the love she left in Vegas. And knows she really can go home again.

Grissom and the job may not be a package deal... but how do you let go of the death and the pain and the hurt - when the one thing you need to hold onto is submerged shoulders deep in it? She needed to let go in order to really heal.

And for the record? This isn't Grissom's fault. You can't expect someone to read minds. You can't expect them to figure out something is really that wrong. You can't blame him because she left. She didn't want to be stopped - and I believe that had she allowed herself to talk to Grissom he would have said something or done something or cared just enough to make her stay. And, as much as it pains me to even think it, she needed to leave. And she knew that. My heart aches for Grissom - but I'd never blame him.

She is loved. And she will be missed.

There better be some serious missing going on in this episode. The whole promo felt a little too happy. I guess I just feel like everyone should be mourning her like I do. They have no right to be happy. I'll watch this one. And then it's very likely that I'll be done.

9. idahomom

idahomom Hit and Run

Awesome job Turtlebaby

The Letter

"Gil, you know I love you. I feel I've loved you forever. Lately, I haven't been feeling very well.

Truth be told, I'm tired. Out in the desert under the car that night, I realized something - and I haven't been able to shake it. Since my father died I've spent almost my entire life with ghosts. We've been like close friends, and out there in the desert it occurred to me it was time for me to bury them.

I can't do that here.

I'm so sorry.

No matter how hard I try to fight if off, I'm left with the feeling that I have to go. I have no idea where I'm going, but I know I have to do this. If I don't, I'm afraid I'll self-destruct - and worse, you'll be there to see it happen.

Be safe, know that I tried very hard to stay. Know that you are my one and only. I'll miss you with every beat of my heart.

Our life together was the only home I've ever really had. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I love you. I always will.

Goodbye."

10. Laurensidle

Laurensidle Victim

Hi I'm coming out for my yearly post. I'm from the UK and have inly seen the clips online, enougth to make me cry. I'm now holding onto the hope that by the time they start airing season 8 Sara will eb back because in my head she will be....their engaged she can't just go can she?
    my friend is tryign to cheer me up by calling it a long distance relationship bu tif that were the case he would have known about her leaving ok I'm rambling and going now. :(

11. dirtylabrat

*sniffle* Goodbye sounds pretty permanent to me. And yes, she used the word "was" referring to her home with Grissom. He's not her home anymore. It's over guys. It sucks, and it hurts, and it feels all kinds of wrong... but it's over. Grissom will grow old with his cocroaches and pet tarantula. No geek baby. No wedding. No happy ending. TPTB set us up to knock us down. Now I'm tuning out. The fanfiction authors can try to cheer us up, but in the end, it still happened. The one thing he feared all along.

I'm no longer a fan of this show.

12. idahomom

idahomom Hit and Run

It's raining today and that just heightens my mood. I did see a rainbow earlier and it made me smile.

First, I don't think it is a break up letter. The tense of words can be debated. I'm not sure the "was" means it is over so much as them working/living together is. Kind of the life I had before marrying is over, but now I have this great new life.

I have hope in the future. I posted this elsewhere...What about the engagement? What about her stuff? Why didn't she clean out her locker? Why did Hodges have to see the kiss? Where was the smiling kiss? Why? Why? Why?

Why did the fan fic writers write it so much more satisfying than this? But it's the angst that will keep me watching.

I think Sara will be back...be still my heart until then.

PS..Others have mentioned this...why didn't CBS Morning show do anything with Jorja afterwards? Remember last year they had those cute scenes the next day? Also, they used to have the latest Survivor castoff on too. It was something to look forward to on Fridays.

PPS...if anyone know of good "how they got together fic" I could really use it right now.

13. seattlegsrfan

seattlegsrfan Police Officer

I know there are parallels to Butterflied in this, but Sara didn't take her love away from Grissom, she left to save herself for Grissom. She said in no uncertain terms in the letter that she loves him, that he is her life & her home. For God's, sake she's going to miss him with every beat of her heart. She's just going away to put herself back together, to bury the ghosts that she's been living with for 25 years, so she can come back to him for a life with the living, a life worth living for.

14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

well, i gotta say that i liked the fact that Hodges witnessed the kiss. i REALLY liked it tbh. but on the other hand i'd like GSR in public in any way.

i hate it that she broke up with him. or so it looks like. she could've written that she will be back, or that she still wants to get married but needs some time. instead, she just left him.

i understand that she needs time, and she had to go away. i actually feel glad she did b/c i know that she would self destruct. i'm just questioning the way she treated grissom. i don't think this was the best way to say goodbye to somebody who you live with for 2 years and who you're engaged to. i think she could've handled it a little better and grissom wouldn't be that much hurt.

i just hope they will talk to each other before she comes back. i don't think that grissom will behave like nothing happened, but i hope they'll resolve it.

but if the writers' strike is going to mess with our show and we'll end up with 13 episodes this season, i'm not sure we'll get to see her again. this year at least.

oh and guys, i made some Goodbye and Goodluck icons that you can view at my LJ HERE :)

15. dirtylabrat

She said goodbye to him... not I'll see you when I sort this mess in my head out. GOODBYE... that has always meant the end to me. You know you never say GOODBYE to your granparents you rarely get to see, because they might die before you get to see them again. It's always I'll see you later. Or, in GSR speak, "I'LL SEE YOU WHEN I SEE YOU"

I know she's hurting, and didn't want to hurt Grissom, but honestly it would have been more humane had she stuck a knife in his heart. Leave your horrific job, but don't leave an incredible love affair with a man you love and who loves you. Your suppose to get through the hard times together, not go it alone. That's how you grow as a person, and a couple. Doesn't she trust him? OK, so we're to believe that she is spiraling out of control and running away is the answer? Running away is never the answer. her ghosts are going to fololow her.

I can't believe tptb did this to us.

aND BTW, Grissom has always been dense when it comes to reading people. He's our lovable geek so engrossed with science that human nuances allude him. That's why it pisses me off even more. How does she expect him to deal with this or understand? My god it took him 7 years to get up the nerve to take a chance on her. He's going to blame himself. Another reasin I can't tune in any more. I can't watch Grissom self destruct. Ofcourse tptb will probably write it like nothing major happened and it's just business as usual... further insulting the GSR fans they lead on all these years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.