"Goodbye & Good Luck" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 10, 2007.

1. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

One of the reasons that Hannah was able to manipulate Sara the first time was because Sara identified with her. Both are very smart and since Sara could see her intellectual self in Hannah at that age, she could believe that Hannah could do those things. So instead of discounting Hannah, like Nick did, Sara saw the possibility. Unfortunately, she was wrong.

I think that is what makes Sara so susceptible to Hannah's machinations, that feeling that Sara knows her, that overly smart kid and what it felt like. However she now sees an evil twin looking back instead.

I don't know if this makes any sense at all :rolleyes:, but I hope you'll get the gist of what I mean.

2. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Well, Idahomom, good to know that Sara will be seen with CSIs other than Gil. I mean, I know we've had little scenes here and there... but I miss the team chemistry.

And I have no doubt that Jorja looked great on "The View". Although I dislike Sara as a character, Jorja as an actress is just great.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

HMMM, actually we've seen many episodes where he's declared 'his love' [this is not shipper talk, but what happened on certain eposides] he sent her a 'love letter', he sent her a 'gift' He said "you make me happy' and he shouted out to the team 'she's the only one I've ever loved" and "lets get married" the epitome of "love" ;) ironically he sent her a letter, now she's leaving him one.. what goes around, comes around! I want to see what she says in this letter :confused:

4. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Does anyone know if we can get a clip of Jorja on The View?

5. CSI247

CSI247 Hit and Run

There are some of her on the official webpage for The View, but she doesn't mention CSI in the clips that are up right now, they're about Obama among other things.

6. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

'Scuse my bad knowedge on this subject, (been away for aages) is Sara set to return though? Dont't grill be for asking, just I havent been on the board for ages. :p Im gonna be sad about watching her go, Sara's one of my favourite characters, i'm looking forward to seeing it more than I was when I first found out... i'm intrigued as to how they do it. And that interview on 'The View' sounds good to, have to go snoop around for that. :D

7. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I think you said it perfectly.
    I will miss Jorja terribly, but the show will go on fine without her. I've loved her connection with Grissom since Sara first appeared. I've thought the whole GSR was done very subtly, except in this season's opener. I don't see how it has adversely affected Grissom's or Sara's characters, as some of you have.
    I guess I'm easy to please (and happily married to a co-worker whom I met on the job).

8. dirtylabrat

dirtylabrat Police Officer

Goodbye and goodluck to Jorja Fox! I'm very sorry to see her leave, and will no longer make CSI Thursday Night a must see TV. IMO, she's taking the show with her.

9. Desertwind

FANS FEAR "CSI" WILL SUFFER WITHOUT SARA

ARTICLE

10. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

It's funny that the article says that, because the more I think about it, the more that I think this may be just what the show needs to get back on track.

It's not that I mind a little bit of romance now and then, but in the last few seasons the show seemed to slowly be losing focus on the cases and the science, which is why I started watching in the first place.

I wish that they would just leave the romance to the fanfic writers. They handle it better half time anyway.

I will miss Sara, but without her there, they should be getting back to the cases and getting away from GSR. (of course, with my luck TPTB will just switch to Warrick and Catherine. :rolleyes: )

11. sumiko_umeko

sumiko_umeko Hit and Run

I watched ET and it showed a clip of tonights ep. and it shows ronnie being abused and Sara trys to talk to her (Because she can relate to that). It could be possible that Ronnie gets killed becasue of the person abusing her and that could be why Sara leaves the team.

12. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

^Er...no. Ronnie wants to do something about a woman being abused and Sara, who has lost her will to keep doing this job, tells her there's nothing they can do. And seriously, everyone needs to get over this "Ronnie's gonna die" thing. So you don't like her, okay, but she's here to stay.

Going back to the Sara's mom thing, in Committed, after Sara was attacked she said to Grissom, "My mom had to come to one of these places for a while, after she killed my dad". That to me sounded like the past tense. She went and now she's out.

Although it will be sad, I'm definitely looking forward to this. Hannah is so creepy.

13. yamanbaia

yamanbaia Dead on Arrival

What?? abused by whom? oh man that would be great! i mean i'll be devastated because Sara's leaving and all, but at least there won't be anymore Ronnie.

14. BugChaser

BugChaser Victim

Thanks for the clarification! I haven't seen every episode so I'm definitely not the expert on their relationship. I just bought Season One today and have decided I'm going to start watching it from the very beginning since I never saw the pilot or the first few episodes.

15. Desertwind

Naren Shankar said in the TV Guide channel interview recently, that Ronnie would only be in 4 epsiodes, so this might be it tonight.. or one more, how many has she been in so far? I think something Hannah does sets Sara on a spinning wheel :(