Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be relationships, period, I'm just worried that it's going to become the main focus of the show. Like it's never happened before. :rolleyes: If they want to give Nick a woman, whatever. But I don't want to see it become his only reason for being on the show, and then he pulls a Warrick and they get divorced and it's a big mess...

Maybe I just need to stop reading spoilers. :lol:

2. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Spposedly the relationships are supposed to help fuel the show, I think that it bring the whole reason for the show to a lvel that it's not meant for.

The show started out with crime scenes and the people who investigate them. Small details are dropped which is a normal thing, but then somehow the twists and turns were traded for touches and glances. That's when something went wrong and turned it into a prime time soap opera.

3. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

Exactly!

So, while the relationships may be to help fuel the show, it's fueling it in the wrong direction. I mean, c'mon, If I wanted to watch a show about who's-sleeping-with-whom or who's-in-a-serious-relationship-or-not with a little bit of the original premise mixed in... I'd watch Grey's Anatomy, 'kay thanks.

4. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Haha, exactly!

A relationship here and there, fine. Don't constantly shove it in our faces, and don't forget that this is a CRIME drama.

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well we keep talking about all this happening but in all honesty I think this writer's strike will last long enough that we might not get to see any of these possiblities.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh poor George, just as he is about to get a reasonably good amount of screen time after vying for screen time between the dominant GSR and Cath angst stories all these years the damn writers went on strike.

I feel for the writes, but we the audience suffer.

7. idahomom

idahomom Hit and Run

Does anyone else think it's weird that CBS Morning show hasn't done an interview or anything about CSI and Jorja leaving? Last year they'd have a little "behind the scenes" interview on Fridays with someone from the cast. I would assume that Jorja would have been on there tomorrow, but now. I just thinks that is really weird. Sometimes they'd even show a spoiler scene the day before.

Poor George...I guess we only have enough episodes until Feb (assuming that Dec is all repeats).

8. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

I know, right?

It's a little thing called subtext and it's time to bring it back.

9. oldcsier

oldcsier Victim

I am new to this forum so please bear with me while I add my 2 cents worth, this is the first forum I have ever joined.

I was just wondering if anyone else has a sinking feeling about the direction this show is taking. This season the atmosphere of the show is different and the characters seem different. There doesn't seem to be the same bond between them, they all seem distant and rather sedate. The original premise of the show CSI seems to be fading away and now it is starting to focus on love interests.

How many besides myself are happy to finally be seeing one of the younger CSI's stepping up? I was thrilled to hear Nick would be taking more of a leadership role ( hopefully Warrick and Greg will also). I would love to see him evolve into a top CSI leader, but it now seems he is getting a love interest and I think we all know what that means, the leadership role will be put on the back burner and all of the shows will evolve around his lovelife not his CSI life, I feel it coming.

Plus there is supposed to be 2 lab rats get together and Greg is supposed to be getting a love interest and Adam Novack is coming back with a possible love interest for Catherine. I am not very happy with the direction at all. The show has for the most part been focused on forensics, science and crime. This season we are getting little of that and soon it sounds as if the shows will be focusing on the love interests of all the characters. By the time each episode gets done dealing with all the love interests there will be no time for the original premise of the show CSI.

I want to see Nick as a leader not a lover(not that I wouldn't love to see him shirtless, he can just stand there by himself and take his shirt off and I would be happy).

I wish they would do what Nick has said many times about his personal life and keep it private. Not that I am against any love but that is not what this show is all about and that is not why I watch.

Lets get back to the good old days, I think we need a break from all the love interest stuff after GSR and the Warrick fiasco. Lets get back to CSI.

10. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

You may be a newbie here but you are also the voice of the reason.

Excelent post.

11. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

Thank you so much for that absolutely wonderful post!

This is exactly what I've been trying to say about the whole 'love interest' thing. You are definitely correct in your observation that the CSIs have been distant from each other. It's not about the team anymore, everyone is going their own way, it's almost as if they're on completely different shows. Giving everyone a love interest at the same time is ridiculous. Especially since we're [hopefully] just getting out of the whole GSR business. Whatever happened to the subtext and subtlty? Did everything worthwhile about CSI go out the window when Grissom and Sara came out?

I'm gonna say 'yes.' We definitely do not want a repeat of that.

12. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

Seems to me that they are letting some of the actors have too much of a say, and that isn't a good thing.

With Eads and Eric Szmanda both having made declarations about wanting love interests, maybe the powers that be need to stop pandering to the stars and keep with the story lines.

I've actually liked the crime side of things so far this season, they have been a bit more old school CSI. I'd hope that this continues and they don't go down the route of brining in bimbos just to massage the egos of some of the actors.

It's one thing having two main characters having a relationship thats been in the making since the show started. But bringing in love interests just for the hell of it is completely different. And that is a route CSI doesn't need to take, and hopefully won't take. It's better than that.

13. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

Well the distance is mainly thank to the GSR, which probably told the rest of the actors that only if you have a love interest you will be noticed. In S7 there was three actors that got more than 5 mins/ep and that was Greg (although by the end of the season he was forgotten too) and Sara and Grissom. The crimes were lackluster and the MSCK - full of plot holes only to end up with the love fest (aka the GD rip off) was a complete disaster.

No ore romance, please, for anybody.

I haven't seen any stepping up for Nick yet, and I doubt it will happen with or without a love interest. The team is gone and that all thanks to the wonderful producers deciding to make this a soap.

The only episode I thorogly enjoyed was the second, A la carte, where there was some sense of team but where the second case still had to be cut short make room for the romance.

But this was what the audience wanted and now when the GSR is dead thanks to JF bailing - it seems that the producers wants more.

GE says he wants a girl with a heart and not a bimbo and he's been saying that for a long time. I hope it's handled lite SuperDave's marriage was. Because the romance we've already seen has been one too many and it has taken time away from the forensics.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm not saying turn CSI into a 'Grey's Anatomy'.

I mean we've had Catherine with several men, Sara and Grissom with people-even in a subtext, or in a background.

I'd like to see a balance of personal and professional storylines and I don't see it as pandering.

15. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

A balance is fine by me as well, but I don't want the personal side of ANY relationship become the main focus, whether it be Nick, Catherine, Hodges, Greg, whoever. Like what was done with Gris/Sara...groan! After all, even though these characters are fictional, they still need substance and depth to their person (the characters) outside the workplace (or within). Subtly is fine, the occasional looks, jokes, whatever, but as I mentioned once before and others have since, its the crime and science that make the show, and what the executives should continue to focus on those to aspects.

But well, all this is on hold now since the strike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.