Grade 'Buzzkill'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New ep tonight! :cool: What did you think of it?

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I could say more about the episode if, you know, my mother hadn't decided to call me while it was on and my sister hadn't decided to run her mouth. *sigh*

I followed along, but I need to watch again before I can really comment.

Sheldon looked hot, though, as did Danny. And Angell is my foxy mama. ;) Stella's boobs were impressive as usual. :p

I also think they made an oopsie with Flack's wardrobe, having him in a different outfit and then going back to the first one. Not 100% sure, though...

3. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Just a quickie before I head off to dream about a Danny/Angell sandwich: those two were standing *awfully* close to each other tonight. Good chemistry. Is there anyone that Angell doesn't spark off of?

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ok, I lied. I was typing on my LJ and thought of a few things, so I'll copy-paste (and yes, I'm repeating a few things from my previous post):

~ Biggest 'buzzkill'? Having AJ's name in the credits (I'm told, I didn't see it for myself), but never having him show up.

~ They would have figured it out quicker with Adam. Just saying.

~ The guys looked sexy-sexy, as usual.

~ I think they made a mistake with Flack's outfit--he had on a fug combo, changed, then went back to the fug combo later.

~ Angell is my foxy lady, I want to have her babies. Also, I love when she works with Hawkes and Danny.

~ Hey Stella: ALL YOUR BOOBS ARE BELONG TO ME!

~ Lindsay made good use of her one facial expression in that scene where Stella explained the heroin pops. [/sarcasm]

~ That guilty chick looked funky.

~ Did they say if Brandi survived?

~ Did they ever explain why Danny was there quickly enough to be in the ambulance with her?

~ Stella, tell drew to f*ck off, please.

Ok, I think that's all for now. It was a pretty good episode.

ETA: Oh!

~ Also, I love Sid's stories. :D Sid is awesome!

5. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Tonight was better than it's been in weeks. The club heist was interesting and well-done, and at last there was a motive everyone could understand-good, old-fashioned greed.

The martini fritter case was engaging...until they retreated to the outlandish murder weapon gimmick that's sadly become a New York hallmark. The goblin who squats in the basement of my brain thinks there's a slogan in there. "Come to New York; even our murderers are chic." An irikanji jellyfish? Really? Feh. Whatever happened to just braining the smug, career-killing ad exec who stole your idea with a fugly paperweight?

Some things of note:

Flack was exceedingly pissy with the suspects. He's always acerbic and snarky, but he bridled easily, especially with the former alcoholic. The sarcasm was funny, but...it was also savage. He had zero sympathy for the recovering alcoholic, which is an interesting contrast to his softer stance in the S2 urban golf case involving an alcoholic golfer who killed his golfing partner for heckling. He's on edge, and I'd like to know why. The goblin is enamored of the idea that his fling with Devon Maxsford left him with an itchy souvenir that required medical intervention...

The interrogation of the smack addict was also intriguing. I adored Flack's obvious confidence in his job, but the remark about being able to make a heroin collar into a murder rap struck me as ominous. The implication-at least for me-was that he could spin the facts any way he chose. In fact, he made a point of saying he was "very good."

I don't think for a second that Flack would ever abuse the power of his office to manipulate evidence, but it was an odd remark, and even though Zuiker swears that Flack's position in the S4 promo shot was incidental, I can't help but wonder... In all likelihood, it was a throwaway line that sounded good, and I'll be disappointed, but oh, the tantalizing possibilities.

Did anyone else laugh at Lindsay's "J00 have been pwned" glare as they arrested the killer in the martini fritter case? I think she was aiming for intense, but she looked like she was trying to pass a gallstone. Somebody needs to snatch the emote control from Anna Belknap.

And hurrah for Dr. Moore. It's been a long time since we've seen a doctor with principles(and I just wrote "pronciples", so you know to which show I was referring, the one where they put on clothes just to take them off), but it was refreshing.

A-

6. NOLAGRRL

NOLAGRRL Witness

I'm going with B+. It was pretty good, but didn't wow me. I will add more on a re-watch but I have to say off hand:

- I missed Adam.
    - Drew, answer the clue phone, Stella does not want to get her groove back with you, you skeeve!
    - Do you shave off the heroin and then inject it or do you just suck on the drug pop?
    - I so called the "boyfriend" being a fake 20 minutes before y'all figured it out!
    - Flack, I would have figured banging a socialite and getting your game on with Angell would have caused you to chill out, maybe you need to try out someone else... I mean, cut down on your coffee intake.
    - Dude, did you consider closing the blinds to block out the giant vodka bottle and blinking red light?
    - Is NY trying to make tramp stamps sexy again?
    - Jellyfish? Really? Me thinks the writers checked out before they went on strike.

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I was too grossed out, creeped out, and ticked off by Criminal Minds to pay proper attention to tonight's ep. I can't give it a grade, but here are observations.

Dear Anna Belknap:
    If you want people to believe Lindsay is competent at her job, it would help to not have a WTF?! face while doing said job. Even the blank stare is better than the WTF?! face. Doing this is also a start at leading people to believe you are competent at your job.
    ETA: P.S. You showed me tonight you can do more than one facial expression. The next step is to pull off more than one facial expression in the same ep.

Dear Wardrobe people:
    Stella is intelligent and strong. It's bad enough she has to walk around with her boobies hanging out for the world to see. Stop with the shirts that let her tummy peek out.

Dear Adam,
    I missed you and hope you return for the rest of the season's episodes. The lab isn't the same without you.

Dear Sid,
    You're the best TV ME since Quincy.

Dear Hill Harper,
    I'm glad we're seeing more of Hawkes this season, but I'm hoping for more than just processing and explaining evidence. I don't blame you, I blame TPTB.

Dear Stella,
    While I'm happy you told Drew he was too aggressive and left, you shouldn't have drank the wine. You two were alone on the roof and he could've drugged it. I'd think as a CSI and a survivor of domestic violence you would know that. Just like Hill Harper, I don't blame you. I blame TPTB.

Dear Danny,
    It's OK, sweetie. Not knowing the bf was one of the criminals was not your fault. You do need to get your "This person is suspicious" radar repaired, however.
    P.S. I love you when you get pissy about and with the criminals. Pissy!Danny = HOT.

Dear Flack,
    I love you too, Mr. Snarky von Schnauzer, even if you do wear bad shirt/tie combos. I'm also glad to see your doctor prescribed some good allergy meds. It's hard to do your job when you're sneezing and you're eyes are watering from that nasty cat allergy.
    P.S. No, I don't think you're a dog. I just love that commercial.

Dear Angell,
    I'm glad you're back and I hope you stay. Yay for finding out the vic's mom died so you all could concentrate on the bf.

Dear PTB,
    Thank you for not doing another ship filled ep. If you want a show ship, go with Flack/Angell. I'd suggest an alternative pairing, but I know it won't happen and on the off chance it did I don't trust you to do it right.

That's all,
    PA

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

lol these posts had me laughing like crazy.

I'm glad Stella told Drew to get lost but I do agree in retrospect about the drink.

Awwww they should have had Danny go home and shower just so we could have the scene lol

rofl @ the Snarky thing...every time that ad comes on, my mom's like "who'd name a dog that?"

Wardrobe probably does need a reality check...we know if they wore real CSI garb to scenes we'd never hear them behind the masks...but at least they could avoid the whole Stella boobs display thing. And Catherine on LV.

9. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

OMG i didn't watch the epi but PA you made me laugh so hard :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Specially with my fav, Stella. Greagt, great, great recap :lol:

btw what happenned to Mac? I didnt read about him (i love him as much i do with Stella :D

10. Mightion

Mightion Hit and Run

I gave this one an A...last week was a tough act to follow, but I seem to remember how to do numbered lists:

1. Stella. If you weren't planning to give Drew the slightest chance, you wouldn't have gone to meet him in the first place. But you did, as evidenced by the fact you and he were talking about heartbreaks.

2. Drew. Speaking as a somewhat lonely single male on the wrong side of thirty, I gotta say, you're pretty much gonna have to become a crime victim for Stella to notice you. It was only her pager going off that stopped Stella from ripping out your heart and stomping on it.

3. Death by jellyfish. The twists and turns on the road were quite entertaining. Oddly, it worked better here than it would have worked on Miami.

4. Paul, the supposed boyfriend. Granted, it was kinda unexpected, but you've got to be one of the dumbest criminals ever. You should have texted "Don't talk to the cops" instead.

5. I do admire your ability to text that message in the middle of an ER without anyone, much less Mac and Danny, seeing you jabbing buttons on your phone.

6. A little bit of telegraphing with the two ad execs - especially the intended victim only eating the meat from his sandwich... but still nowhere near the "Western Union" tendencies other shows can fall into.

7. Lindsay showed she can be the one to learn something from other people showing off. I thought she and Stella interacted well tonight.

8. In the final confrontation in the office, I was hoping the killer would bolt, just so Lindsay could body check her. I don't ask for much.... do I?

9. I wouldn't be surprised if poor Drew is the next victim of pulmonary edema; from Stella breaking his heart. :(

11. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I have the feeling we havn't seen the last of Drew... just me though

12. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

B+. The cases were interesting more than usual. I guess I've been bored lately with the episodes.

Danny was great in this episode. Loved him to bits here. :) It's like he's been reborn! I was pleased that we didn't get to see any D/L scenes this time around. That would have been excruciating to watch to say the least!

I'm glad Angell's in this one as well. Loved her chemistry with Danny. She sparks with almost anyone she comes into contact with. :lol: Angell is such an angel! Plus, she gives as good as she gets in the snark department. :lol:

I saw A.J. Buckley's name in the credits as a Special Guest Star and after watching the ep I couldn't recall him in any scene. Damn, I thought I was going senile. Good to know I wasn't since you guys noticed it as well.

Stella...Run fast and as far away as you can get from Drew! At least she had the good sense to cut the date short and that it didn't go further than just one drink. I agree...that drink could have been laced with something!

Loved Flack's snarky sense of humor as usual...but that tie...Gosh that was so ugly! :lol:

Sid as usual was very entertaining! Gotta love him! :lol:

13. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Great episode! I loved Sid comparing the model's corpse to his uncle. :lol:

Poor Danny, always way too trusting for his own good. You need to work on that sweetie, practice a little caution once and awhile. I loved how he stayed at the hospital all night and wouldn't go home.

Faylinn: Brandi survived. Danny got a call from the doctor saying Brandi was going to be all right, and Mac said "Let's see if we can return the favor(and save his brother)"

14. LivingEnd

LivingEnd Lab Technician

I really liked Buzzkill, I gave an A-

I found the case Danny and Mac were working on a little bit more interesting than the billboard case.
    I agree that it is really not one of Danny’s strength to judge other peoples characters. That was something we have seen before and a nice little bit of continuity. I thought the boyfriend, who wasn’t the boyfriend was suspicious when he made the first phone call, so I wasn’t that surprised when it turned out that he was involved.
    I loved Danny in this episode. It was as if he was back to his good old self finally. First he wouldn’t leave the hospital although Mac suggested doing so and since they figured that the guy wasn’t the boyfriend he took the whole thing quite personal… I loved it. :D

The billboard case wasn’t bad either. But as others have mentioned a jellyfish as murder weapon? Aren’t there other ways to kill someone, and why would you choose the jellyfish, when it points directly at you?
    I really liked Sid in this one, as I always do… I had to laugh when he compared the body with his uncle… :lol:

I don’t quite get why Stella would agree to meet with Drew. It’s quite obvious that the guy is creepy. So why would she meet him on a deserted rooftop and have a drink with him?

And finally, where was Adam! First they aren’t able to decide if he is a regular or if he is recurring, then they list him as a special guest star although he should be in the opening credits and then he isn’t in the episode at all. What a bummer!

15. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Gave it an A- because i did enojoy it... thought was good ep just something was missing and yet to work that out.

Stella going to see Drew, I was thinking she doesn't want to be there you could see she was almost thinking well if I go its something.

But I keep coming to the same though that Drew (Kerr Smith) is still pretty hot and I was thinking if you weren't evil I'd like you more.

The martini glass case was wierd, I was confused at the whole way it was but the guy and the tennis balls was a genius idea. I liked the 2 girls working together it was nice to see it. And combined with Sids lil story I was giggling away, he can lighten the moment so easily.

The other case was wierd, it flowed differently which is what got me I think and Danny in the hospital shows how much he takes stuff to heart and when he see's people hurt, its such a nice thing. And why didn't he go for a shower he knows he's let a lot of girls down.

I did love dannys like about being a baker.... was soo nice, because I love the way Mac and Danny interact.

Can't really say a bad word about anyone in that tho no Adam was a tad wierd. But I thought it was a really good ep.