"Goodbye & Good Luck" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 10, 2007.

1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I always got the impression that Hannah was supposed to be like Sara...

Didn't sara have one brother? And she lost her parents as well...

I still say Sara should have been the MCSK...that would have been the best twist ever!

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

SARA'S mom killed her dad, and as far as we know, her mom lives in San Francisco, and Sara is a kind, sweet loving character,I remember when she buried the gorillas ashes , so compassionate. and she cried! and in 8 years she's always been considerate of others, and all of a sudden wouldn't turn psycho, in fact she knows she's tired and sad, and is sane and rational enough to realize she needs to get away for a while, and we'll find out the reason she gives her guy, and the rest of the team this week! and would never do the crapola Natalie did :( and Hannah, lives with her two parents, is pyschotic and Sara is not :rolleyes: and Hannah is coniving as well, and a big liar. I would never compare them in any way, shape or form :mad:

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Who knows, Sara could be capable of such things. All depends on how she or anyone for that matter gets pushed. There is only so much someone can take before they react in the best way for them to get the emotions out.

4. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

I believe Sara's mother is still in jail. Sara looked up 'Laura Sidle vs The People' on the database during an episode. I assume Sara's brother was put into foster care as well and they were seperated. Sara's brother also did drugs. Sara's so lucky she's stable, considering what she's been through.

Hannah is more a control freak than anything, I felt. She just wanted to get her brother out of trouble, and used her smarts to do so by manipulating Sara into believing she was capable of murder, that's all.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I have mixed feelings about Sara leaving.

As a character, I really, really liked her.

However, I did not enjoy the GSR at all. I thought it weakened her character tremendously as for almost two seasons she was pining for Grissom and it was awful.

I thought on her own she was a great, but as part of the GSR she was weak.

So I'm both happy and sad that Sara is leaving as it will finally end GSR.

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Maybe she fakes it...that would be awesome if it turned out she was a psychotic serial killer. It would be like Dexter! I have no problem with having characters with 'negative' character traits, to me it just makes the show more realistic. I just think it would have been such a crazy plot twist, since it never happens in shows like CSI. Everyone wants all the good characters to be heros...

I have seen plenty of stuff showing Sara as selfish, arrogant, short tempered and obsessive. I find nothing wrong with this, she is unlikable, but her character is supposed to be unlikable. Yeah, she isn't my fave, but i wouldn't want her to be changed so i like her more. I also hate that she has been turned into 'grissom's girlfriend'...that is really lame. But i don't hate her, she just isn't my favorite character.

So I am not saying she should have been MCSK because i don't like her character...quite the opposite, i would have been cheering for her if that happened...kind of the same way i cheer when Dexter kills someone on that show. Yeah, i know, i am twisted with my entertainment, but that would have been the plot twist of the century. Can you imagine Grissom's reaction?? Mind blowing...

But yeah, I do see Hannah as being similar to Sara...just my opinion.

7. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

Apparently this writer saw this episode beforehand and called it "tremendous" Here is the link:

A Terrific CSI

8. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

I've only seen them narrow the rest of the family down to Northern California. Sara attended Berkeley, if I remember right (east SF Bay Area), and when she looked up the case against her mother online, I believe it referenced it being in Modesto, which is in the Central Valley south of Sacramento, not the Bay Area. Of course, Sara worked in San Francisco later...but I got the impression Laura Sidle is in either a prison or mental institution somewhere in NorCal, but not necessarily San Francisco or the Bay Area per se.

Sorry, I get picky about regional stuff. Like when the writers have a character outside of Southern California say "the" before the highway number, like in a TV show set in S.F. "He's driving up THE 101..." :rolleyes: Lazy, lazy, lazy.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW, nice review Raven she rocks ;) In part it says!

FOX, has won fans as a smart procedural, but the show can present the personal in vivid terms. Fox plays Sara's sadness with such wrenching and relatable feeling that this ep. becomes an instant classic......... and she is so likeable, this great charcter Sara, & hopefully she'll get a Emmy nod for her performance this time, her acting is amazing! & she will be missed by so many :( the buzz is that in a ep. down the line, Grissom gets a call from her, so it's not over till it's over!

And korbejaeger your right, I'm a Californian, and it was Modesto, quaint little town, but she maybe is in a mental facility in San Francisco, now. & the Coast Hiway..treacherous stretches at time.. I like location info. too!

10. BugChaser

BugChaser Victim

New to the site but not new to CSI! With all the hubbub about Sara leaving the show, I'm more interested in watching the little murderess return to the screen! What an incredibly manipulative and devious child. Makes those in the psychiatry field drool I'm sure!

11. idahomom

idahomom Hit and Run

Today Jorja was on "The View." While she was talking about leaving CSI, they showed a scene (w/o sound) from this week's episode. It was Sara, Catherine, and Grissom looking at pictures on a light table from a crime scene (the murdered co-ed I assume).

Jorja also said (I'm quoting/paraphrasing) "that this episode is about waking up and thinking you're days is going to be like any other and by the time the sun has set, your life has been changed forever."

Get me the kleenex now.

She was also cryptic about her return.

PS...she looked really pretty on the show.

12. Aquarian

Aquarian Hit and Run

This week's episode is going to be a good one but sad nonetheless. Hate to see "Sara" go, or really Jorja Fox, but hopefully her absence won't affect the show in the long run. I've seen the promos that CBS has and those get me every time! So sad. The look on Grissom's face is what gets me. Hopefully this episode won't be that much of a tearjerker but looks like it may be. But it will still be a great episode. :)

13. jtbwriter2006

jtbwriter2006 Victim

Idahomom-thanks for sharing-I didn't see any preview of the View with JF! I agree with Aquarian-the promos are just breaking my heart. If WP doesn't get an Emmy nod this time....the voters have no hearts! Here's hoping the MK/Cookie Lee party I have go to ends early Thurs-I won't be able to stand missing this-or seeing how/why that Hannah pushes Sara's buttons again!

14. BugChaser

BugChaser Victim

I think the only thing I'll regret not seeing when Sara leaves, is how the relationship between G/S develop (or not!). We've never really seen Grissom's "in love" side and it definitely be worth it to experience a bit of that before Sara left... JMHO.

15. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Wait, let me get this straight. Sara and Greg... FIGHTING!? I'm all for angst but in the last episode? No. But, as long as it's not over a stupid reason and they make up, and it's Sandley and cute, then I'll be okay. But if it's this huge fight and Sara leaves being mad at Greg, I'll actually fly over to LA and re write the episode myself. Seriously. How out of character would that be? They NEVER fight.