"Goodbye & Good Luck" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I liked the clip. I like how Hannah's messing with Sara's mind. I've always liked Hannah's character, and I agree, I'm glad they brought her back for Sara's last ep.

Also agree with whoever said that the person they show once Sara leaves shouldn't be Gil. Hello, THIS IS NOT A SOAP OPERA! If you want something over the top, cheesy, out of character, and plain ridiculous, then you're watching the wrong show.

Let Sara's departure be quick and simple. Because if TPTB try anything elaborate, they're going to screw it up.

2. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Thanks for the clip Dizzney!

That is exactly what I'm hoping to get from this episode. It's good to see that Sara is not going to bottle her anger anymore.

Also, with Hannah, I've always felt a sense of hate, but also a sense of sadness towards her. She is a pretty messed up kid. :(

3. yamanbaia

yamanbaia Dead on Arrival

hahaha am i?
    http://image.wetpaint.com/image/1/Cib6F5suDim_r50-420U7w81993/GW302H201
    Anyway, i agree with a lot of things already said, plus i really like that most of the people here do not talk about the CSI's as if there were real people. So don't get angry at me. :)

4. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I feel no sadness towards hannah. She and her brother are sociopaths, plain and simple

5. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

Thanks for the clip, Dizzney,

Hannah is definately getting to Sara, even if she is trying to keep control of interagation. Hannah is one of the best villians on the show and it will be great to see her again.

I need to watch the unusual suspect again.

6. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

meh it is ok...

i am in the minority, i don't like Hannah, or that episode at all. Her lines are so ridiculous for a 'genius'...ulg, not too mention her plan was so obvious, i couldn't believe sara or any of the csi's fell for it.

7. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

She's a kid! A kid and Sara totally losing it shows how utterly unprofessional she's become.

Compare this to the scene with Keppler saying "You sure do a lot of exhumations here" to Nick in S7 to which Nick dead-panned "As many as needed."

Now that's being professional.

Sara is in need of major psychiatric help - you don't lose it like that, you rise and walk out. Man, how they have destroyed this character. This is the same woman that thought she was better than most? And mocked Nick for being emphatic and emotional? Makes me laugh.

And why does she seem hostile to Hannah from the get go? Because she was fooled by her, out-witted?

I kind of like Hannah, she just needs a counterpart that is as intelligent, or reads what she's trying to pull and she come falling off her high horse. Just like Sara has *cackkles insanely*

I'll check here if the ep is watchable or not - but I might watch it just to see Sara completely lose it in front of a kid.

I don't think anybody but Sara fell for it. :D

8. thebarracuda

thebarracuda Victim

Yeah I agree with this. In an earlier post I said something like the character of sara is way too broken now. And yes she is in need of psychiatric help. This isnt a simple burnout the way the writers are portraying Sara's departure. Its not healthy to blow up at a suspect. I always like to watch grissom interrogate suspects. He always seems so calm and in control of the situatin. Well except for the end of butterflied where he spilled his guts all over the table. I like Hannah. Shes one of the most interesting protagonist since Paul Milander. I never really like the miniature killer story line. I dont like the promos for this episode at all.

9. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

At the end of "Butterflied" Grissom was actually making a very good point, and who knows, he may have made the suspect crack.

I'm refusing the watch the promos for this episode, look at the pictures, or even read about it. Everything is just screaming 'cheesy' and looks like a GSR fest. My fingers are crossed that we are proven wrong.

10. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

Wow, harsh much?

I completely understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion and is allowed to express it, but just make sure that you're not judging a book by it's cover.

Specifically, I'm referring to S_Bright's comment about Sara being hostile to Hannah from the get-go of that scene. Remember, we haven't seen what comes before that scene. Hannah could be a completely evil brat in those previous scenes. I know that if I had someone digging up parts of my painful past, such as almost dying at the hands of a serial killer, I'd be a little pissed too.

Also, we're not perfect. Sara is human. Not everyone can be professional all of the time. Look at Nick in Overload. He was unprofessional with Catherine and the suspect because he let his past interfere. That's just one example. All of the CSI's have had unprofessional moments.

11. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Unfortunately for Sara she has had more than the others. She was suspended for the way she mouthed off at both Catherine and Ecklie, she has often butted heads with Nick, and kept Warrick out of the loop when he was supervisor at one point. She went against Grissom's wishes in the Strip Strangler case, was caught DUI, and she botched the investigation in "The Unusual Suspect" by allowing herself to be manipulated by a little girl despite the evidence proving otherwise. I think the only person she hasn't shown unprofessional behaviour towards is Greg, and if what is being said is true, that's about to change.

Yes, they have all had their moments, each and every one. It's just that none of them have been as bad or as many as Sara's.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

All the characters on CSI have had issues. Grissom with is inabilibty to show his emotions, till lately. and was screaming in the pyschos Natalies face . Cath and her horrible relationship with her dad, and not good with her mom, or her daughter, & attacked a wittness for calling her daughter a 'brat' and Sara calmed her down. Warrick his gambling..who's been out of control many times.. Nick still freaked out by his buried alive scene, and "The Stalker" poor guy. but got PO as well many times, Greg and his guilt over the accidental killing. Brass with his out of control daughter, so I think Sara, in comparision is not as nearly as troubled as some of these other characters have been! They've all been out of control at times on this show! And I found that Hannah creepy and mental, she's the one who needs help :(

13. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

well, the premiere was uber cheesy, so i wouldn't be surprised if it was...

yeah, sara is human, and its common for people in the police and forensic science fields to burn out, but they wouldn't let Sara go near a suspect in that condition. Especially since she botched the first case with Hannah in it. Also, Hannah is a kid. It doesn't matter if she is above average for IQ, she still is young. Blowing up at a kid is different...

Also, IQ isn't everything. People act like its the huge deal to have a high IQ, but it isn't. IQ has nothing to do with social interactions, or learning from life experience. Some people have very high IQ, with amazing book smart abilities, but are clueless when dealing with other people. Others have high IQs, but can't get good marks in school. That is one of the reasons why I didn't like this eppy, or her character. They portrayed her being smarter than adults in every way. And why do they keep having psychopaths/sociopaths being able to 'read' people so they can 'hurt' them. They ruined the MSCK storyline with that crap about Natalie taking Sara to hurt Grissom, since she could pick up subtle social cues, even though Natalie wouldn't have a powerful relationship with her own father, since she was a psychopath. She certainly wouldn't pick up these social cues. Gah, people with these disorders have issues connecting with people, that is one of the reasons they become violent. Hannah shouldn't be treated like she is this fearful adult, because she isn't, she is still a kid. She will only outsmart people if you listen to her...which is what sara did, instead of being a forensic scientist and used the evidence, which couldn't be manipulated.

It just seems like unnecessary drama. Grissom knows Sara is breaking down. Nick saw how Hannah affected her. So why don't they just not have her be in contact with this case, and skip all this drama??

14. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I am gonna miss Sara. When a major character leaves a show it always changes the feel and leaves a hole for long time viewers. It might be filled later by another character, but think I will feel it for some time. I really like Sara and Grissom there is something sexy about them together. They make me want to know more about them together. I will miss that. I just hope that we see Sara again even if it is just a guest appearance or two. I would like to know what becomes of her.

15. idahomom

idahomom Hit and Run

I'm excited for Thursday's episode. I was really hoping that Sara would slap that Hannah. Now that would be a reason to leave CSI. That Hannah girls creeps me out!

I used to watch "ER" and go to ER boards. Then everyone started leaving and changing and I stopped caring. So I (along with a lot of america) stopped watching it and going to boards. The best way to break a bad habit, or deal with something that makes you mad is to leave it, instead of letting the frustration build inside of you.

I hope to see Sara interact with everyone on the team before she goes. Since Brass has always been there for her, I'm now thinking that Brass is in the car with her.

I'm afraid Sara's a volcano. So I guess this is the last time she'll be in the credits too?