Episode #608: 'Permanent Vacation' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 9, 2007.

1. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Re: Episode #608: 'Permanent Vacation' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS*

that was dean cain! woah, didn't recongnize him...

at least they didn't go the stereotypical route and had a french canadian...since most of us are not french

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Yeah I read somewhere that only 23% of Canadians have french as their mother language. I think the entire world forgets this when it comes to television. :rolleyes: (Although I'm pretty sure this family will either be from Ontario or Quebec like in most shows, lol)

Anyway, I hope this episode turns out okay because so far I'm excited to see it. Although I'm a bit biased because of my love for Dean Cain and my Canadian-ness. Heh.

Wow, I just read the top post againt about 'before the survivors take justice into their own hands' and got to thinking "Wait, Canadians would do that?" :lol:

3. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

^^ only if it involved messing with their favorite hockey team! thats when the angry canadians come out...

It definatly makes sense to have canadian tourists, a lot of us come down for vacations...

4. LateToTheGame

LateToTheGame Hit and Run

Quebec or Ontario it is then. Those of us in this part of the country (B.C.) tend to go to California or Hawaii for vacation if we go to the States. Or like three people I work with who decided to spend this weekend in Vegas, but that's another thread. ;)

It's kind of too bad they won't be French-Canadian. It would be interesting to hear Dean Caine do the accent!

5. alwaysandforever

alwaysandforever Victim

This episode sounds pretty interesting. I like that Gabrielle Christian is in it. I love her. She is so beautiful.
    Sweet, a Jake-free week. I wonder why where Valera has gone. She is rarely in it anymore. I miss her.

6. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

This spi looks really good. I;m so happy to see Dean back, and Jake makes me sad.

7. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I just watched ET and they were behind the scenes on the set of the ep of tonights CSIM. I didn't know that Emily was on the superman show Lois & Clark w/ Dean Cain. So it was a nice reunion for them. Also CSIM has sunken to a new low in my opinion. They are using Britney spears new song tonight in the ep..wtf, Sry Brit, fans but yeah she's a waste.

8. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

i saw that to and i didnt know that and i used to watch the show, so i was like since i live in Canada we probalby didnt get every season of lois and clark. Also i agree with you about using britney's song but anyway i'll zap when i'll hear it!!

9. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

Britney Spears?! Shoot me now... :p

All kidding aside, this could be interesting epi, as long as they keep the H drama down to a mininium. I don't I can take much more.

Hope someone else saves the day this time.

10. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

This was a good episode. I thought that Eric would get shot again, so glad that he didn't. I felt bad for Shane, but I'm glad that Luis was willing to let him off the hook as H offered to help him

11. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

^ You saw it all ready??

I'm on the East Coast in the US and have 2 hours to go.
    That seems odd.

The episode itself sounds dramatic, with H being H and Eric being in danger. ;)

12. Wolfefangirl

Wolfefangirl Dead on Arrival

O.O Only 7ish minutes left for me!! *lives in teh Mountain area* KYA! I can't wait!

13. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Well that was definetly and interesting ep. First the dad can't keep this after under control then he makes Shane feel bad that he couldn't remember anything, so poor Shane ends up hitting the innocent guy in the head.

I thought the mom was the strongest one till the end when she got the watch back and then realized that it was the time her son died and killed the other guy. The entire family was quite cracked...it's a wonder they were allowed to go on vacation in the first place!

Ryan, good to see you in the ep...for a while I thought he wouldn't be there. But the sweater vest in lime green...who the heck dressed him? I thought those vests went out in S4 and got burned....

Delko did a good job this ep, though for a bit there I thought he was going to get his head blowen off. Thankfully H stepped in to save the day, per usual.

And that jumping to black and then to the scene again at the end of the ep was distracting. I seriously thought my tv was breaking. That was a really dumb idea and whoever thought of it needs to wear that lime green sweater vest out in public.

All in all this ep was one of the better ones, though Dean Caine looked like a huge jerk, but did a wonderful job.

I give it an 8/10.

14. i_heart_togo

i_heart_togo Dead on Arrival

this epsiode was really good. i thought that Eric was going to get shot again cause i didn't see any body go in with him but then again it seems where Eric is H is not far behind or if H isn't with him Ryan is. so glad that Jake wasn't in this episode ( yay) overall this was a good
    espiode, it had a little bit of everything but last mondays is my favorite so far this season. next weeks looks really good looks like a certain CSI is going to be in some Hot Water (just glad that isn't Ryan)

15. Sab

Sab Witness

I loved this episode. I'm biased though cause I heart Dean Cain. He was my first tv crush, my first real fandom was Lois and Clark and my first real shipper experience. So yeah, I loved seeing him again. And I love that I forgot for a few minutes it was Dean Cain/Clark Kent/Superman. He was really in his character and he owned it. That was awesome. The mom was a shock, but I knew it was coming when she walked away then walked back. Didn't Boa Vista get in trouble before for telling a victim who a suspect/killer was?

Anyway, VERY good episode overall. The story was enough to keep you guessing, but we all kinda knew who did it. :)