CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers--Get 'Em In A New York Minute

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

OMG! Actually I just realized now that 14 could be the last eppy for S4 which is so sad. I liked S4 currently the best from all seasons they have done so far. And this would be a big bummer.

But reading this article someone cool posted a day ago about the producer taking the strike kinda easy cause they could break off deals they don't want anymore makes me seriously doubting that this strike will be settled soon.

And as it was mentioned in the article as well... when we really hit next year with it and DGA and SAG go into negotiations as well, we might even see a postponed start of S5.

Still... I am fully supporting the strike cause I totally understand the WGA being not amused about the suits wanting to cut'em off even the bit of money they have. Millions, no, billions of dollars of turnover each year in the business goes foremost to the company's accounts and not to the ones who work for them. I think I rather sit out a short S4 and a postponed S5 start of NY or any other show I like to know that in the end ppl, creatives, the ones who are actually responsible for a good show from the start off, are getting finally a good bunch of bucks out of it. I just sincerely hope the suits will play fair (though it doesn't look like that at all... :( ) GO WRITERS GO!!!

ETA: Sorry for being Offtopic. I actually thought I post in the "Strike" thread. Mods, if you mind this post, pls delete or tell. I really didn't wanna change subject to strike in this subject...

2. Partly

Partly Hit and Run

Well, then it would be best for the ep. to be centered around Danny and Lindsey, because nothing seems to bring out the posters more the debating the pros, cons and personal love/hate for those two characters.

Personally, I'd rather see a solid team episode rather than something all angsty and melodramatic.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I fully admit a bias, but I love Danny angst and don't mind the cliffhanger. Granted, I'd rather not wait a year to see it resolved, but I do want to see Danny's issues with Ruben's death to be fully explored. Danny is such an emotionally complex character, and I love it when the writers really delve into that stuff with him. I think "On the Job" and RSRD are two of the best CSI: NY eps, so it'll be great to see Danny being put through the emotional wringer again.

As for the stuff with Lindsay, it's one scene where he blows her off-- presumably it's there to show just how he's shutting down emotionally over Ruben's death. If there's more, I guess we'll see it at some point, but there might not be.

4. Partly

Partly Hit and Run

I love RSRD, so if they do Danny angst that way, I will get behind it. :) I didn't like him in OTJ and I hope that they don't make him as, ah, blindly-reactionary as he was in that one.

In my opinion, Danny was a stronger character in RSRD than he was in OTJ. I fully admit to my bias of liking strong proactive (even dangerous) characters much more than reactive brooding/emotional characters. In my mind, Danny was reactive in OTJ and proactive in RSRD.

None of the spoilers we have are giving me a good idea of what tact the writers are going to take.

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I think the thing with Danny is that he does tend to internalize things, act out and then is easily beaten down (like he was in OTJ). In RSRD he followed the rules, but basically all he did was listen to Mac--he was much more passive than proactive, I think, because he basically put his fate in Mac's hands. However, it was more mature behavior than he exhibited in OTJ, so it was nice to see him grow.

It will be interesting to see what he goes through in the wake of Ruben's death because he is such an emotional character. I don't see him doing anything stupid--a la OTJ--but I do see him possibly having an emotional breakdown because he can't deal with the guilt.

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

If episode 14 really does turn out to be nothing more than a filler episode, I'd rather the season ended with episode 13 instead. Just from the spoilers we know for it at the moment, it seems like the perfect one as a mini-finale, so to speak.

Then again, spoilers for episode 14 could be really sparse because there's gonna be something big happening in it that TPTB doesn't want anyone to know until it airs. *shrugs* Who knows.

7. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

Well, personally, I don't need a Linds/Danny moment to make it a memorable episode. In fact, if the basis for the final episode were set on a shipper-story, I would prefer a Mac/Stella centered one. And no doubt about it.

But, initially, when I said the 4x14 should be a memorable episode, I was thiking about a character-drama centric episode. (Did the word "Louie" crossed yout mind?? )

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'm a bit confused? Where did Louie come into it? Or is that just wishful thinking of what people might like to see in an episode? Because 414 doesn't appear have any character-centric moments in the spoilers, hence why (unless there is something good that we don't know about) it could be a rather disappointing finale. And as it stands they wouldn't be in a position to rewrite it, so it would have to be very much a stand alone, random character moment as it can't relate to the rest of the episode, which still imo wouldn't make for a particularly interesting finale. ;)

As I have said, and in agreement with Kimmy, 413 swapping position to be the final episode would be an OK compromise, if that was the only option. I never saw the Danny/Lindsay bit as a cliffhanger to the episode, rather, as Top says it would show an emotional and distressed Danny, closing off from the world. The cliffhanger and interest for the new season thus being Danny's grief and how he has handled or not handled it, rather than whether or not Danny and Lindsay made up. :p :)

9. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

The CBS pressexpress

THE CSI TEAM DISCOVERS A MURDER VICTIM WITH TRACES OF DISAPPEARING INK AND A DEADLY EXPLODING CIGAR WHICH LEAD THEM TO AN INFAMOUS SELLER OF PRANKS, "LAUGHING LARRY," ON "CSI: NY," WEDNESDAY, DEC. 12

"Child's Play" - When CSIs investigate a murder victim, the clues lead them to an infamous seller of killer pranks, "Laughing Larry." Meanwhile, Danny works on a case involving a boy from his neighborhood, on CSI: NY Wednesday, Dec. 12 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

Det. Mac Taylor............................. Gary Sinise

Det. Stella Bonasera......... Melina Kanakaredes

Danny Messer. ................. Carmine Giovinazzo

Dr. Sheldon Hawkes....................... Hill Harper

Det. Don Flack............................. Eddie Cahill

Lindsay Monroe......................... Anna Belknap

Adam Ross.................................... AJ Buckley

RECURRING:

Dr. Sid Hammerback...................... Robert Joy

GUEST CAST:

Essex Palmer............................... Mark Simich

Benjamin/Anxious Clubgoer........... Brad Rowe

Bartender.................................. Nicole Pulliam

Thug/Mario Galanti.............. Nathanael Theisen

Ruben Sandoval...................... Anthony Tavera

Rikki Sandoval........................ Jacqueline Pinol

Ollie/Young Man.............................. Al Santos

Lucy Burke.................................. Suzie Pollard

Justin Burke................................... Matt Wood

Laughing Larry...................... Richard V. Licata

Sadie Kevitch............................. Alice Rietveld

Kim Wey.......................... Matthew Yang King

Reverand John

McKlowski....................... Bryan Okes Fuller

Written by: Executive Producer Pam Veasey and Trey Callaway

Directed by: Jeffrey Hunt

So, I guess we wont have to wait till next year to get all the episodes. "Child's Play" on Dec. 12

10. NOLAGRRL

NOLAGRRL Witness

Don't have to wait and it seems they got their crap together with the cast listings! Amazing things can happen on a strike after all. /snarky

I am looking forward to this episode, even if it is possibly a countdown to an early end :(

Edit: Also, some stills from "The Thing About Heroes" and "One Wedding and a Funeral" are up on CBS PressExpress Sorry if this has already been mentioned!

11. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

NOLAGRRL just to let you know the link comes up as forbidden :(

12. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Fruitbat, the CBS press links always come up as forbidden for me too. I think it's a country issue as we are both in the UK, rather than the actual link being incorrect. ;)

Thanks for posting that Lorelai, it's interesting that they are airing Child's Play in December. I'm really excited about the episode. :)

13. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Thanks Elsie I didnt know that :) Thats a bit of a pain in the *cough* :(

14. NOLAGRRL

NOLAGRRL Witness

Yech, sorry guys! Hopefully Modern Day Gallery will repost them soon, because I want to see the big sizes myself. Y'all seem to get the short end of the stick over there :eek: , I feel bad for complaining about when they don't show the CBS feed here!

15. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

Guys, vegaslights already uploaded the pics from cbs. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.